Karnataka MBBS Admission 2017 – Karnataka Examination authority will offer the admission into the medical and dental colleges of the state. The admission is expected to commence in the month of the June, 2017 and the counselling schedule will be declared after the NEET result This must be noted by the applicants that the Karrnatake MBBS 2017 Admission will be done on the basis of NEET score. All the government institutes in Karnataka are affiliated from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. For the complete details on schedule, eligibility criteria, application, participating institutes, reservation policies and admission procedure of Karnataka MBBS Admission 2017, read the article below.
The applicants must note that from the year 2017, the Karnataka MBBS Admission will be through NEET. This is why, it is important for the candidates to have fair idea of the NEET 2017 . In the year 2016, the admission into the 9 medical colleges were provided by the NEET
Latest – COMEDK UGET 2017 Date announced
Salient features Karnataka MBBS Admission 2017
Entrance examination – There will not be any state level entrance examination as the admission willl be provided on the basis of NEET score
Counselling body – Karnataka Examination authority
Admisssion level – State level
Number of seats – 2300 MBBS Seats in government colleges + 4845 MBBS seats in the private colleges.
Courses offered – MBBS and BDS
Duration of the courses:
- MBBS – 4 and a half year + 1 year of the rotational internship
- BDS – 4 years + 1 year of the rotational internship
Karnataka MBBS 2017 Important Dates
|1.||Opening date of the online regiatration||June, 2017|
|2.||Last date to register for the Karnataka MBBS 2017 Admission||June, 2017|
|3.||Announcement of the Karnataka MBBS 2017 Merit list||June, 2017|
|4.||Karnataka MBBS 2017 Counselling||1st week of July, 2017|
The applicants must note that the dates given here are tentative, it will be updated here as the latest brochure will be released.
Karnataka MBBS 2017 Participating Institutes
Below are the top 10 medical colleges along with the number of seat in each institute.
|S No||Name of the College||No of Seats|
|1||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||250|
|2||St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore||60|
|3||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||250|
|4||Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||250|
|5||Mysore Medical College, Mysore||150|
|6||MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore||150|
|7||JSS Medical College and Hospital, Mysore||200|
|8||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum||200|
|9||KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore||150|
|10||Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||150|
Also, this must be noted that from the year 2016, 70 fresh MBBS seat have incresed as a new college have been added. The newly added institute is Subramnam Institute of Medical Science. The list of medical and dental colleges in Karnataka is very long, the candidates can check the list using the given link Particicpating institutes in Karnataka 2017.
Karnataka MBBS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to fulfil follwing set of pre-requisites in order to apply for the Karnataka MBBS 2017 Admission
- The an Indian citizen will be eligible to apply for the admission into one of the government seat.
- At the time of admission, the age of the candidates must be 17 years.
- The candidates must have studied following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in 10+2 or equvailant examination
- Also, it will be manndatory for the applicant to secure minimum qualifying mraks in 10+2 as per their category. For general the aggragate qualifying percentage is 50% and 40%for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A ,3B.
- The candidates who qualified 10+2 from an open learning school will not be considered eligible.
- The applicants must have appeared in NEET 2017 and qualified the exam. Check NEET 2017 qualifying percentile using the link.
Karnataka MBBS 2017 Reservation of Seats
Below are the reservation provided to various categories in Karnataka MBBS 2017 Admission
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Reservation of the rural category candidates||15%|
|The candidates who studied from Kannad medium||5%|
|Candidates coming from Hyderabad-Karnataka Region||8%|
Karnataka MBBS 2017 Application Form
The application form of the Karnataka MBBS 2017 Admission will be announced in the online mode. Below are the steps to be followed while registering for the Karnataka MBBS 2017 Admission
- The link to register will be provided here as soon as the application form releases, click on the given and registration form will be dispalayed on the screen
- The application form will have to be filled in the two parts. In the first part, the candidates can enter, change and delete the provided information.
- The accademic and personal details of the candidates wil have to be filled in the registration form
- Click on “Save and next button” after entering the above information.
- Now ,scanned images of Photograph, candidate signature, candidate Left Hand Thumb Impression and Parent Signature will be uploaded in the registration form
- The format of the scanned images should either be in JPG or JPEG.
- Size of the left hand thumb impression image must be greater than 5 kb and less than 40 kb and dimension of left hand thumb impression image should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm only.
- The candidates will have to pay RS. 650 (for general)as application fee and Rs.550 (for SC/ST) category in the specified bank
- Before making the declaration on the registration form, the candidates can take the print of the form.
- In the second phase, the candidates can select the declration no changes can be made by the candidates after this.
- After the registration, the User id of the applicant will be generated which will be sent on the registered mobile number.
- After complting both the phases candidates need to take the print out of the final application form
Karnataka MBBS 2017 Merit list
- The merit list of the Karnataka MBBS 2017 will be derived out of the NEET 2017 merit list
- The merit list will reflect the position of the candidates in the order of the percentile secured.
- The Karnataka MBBS 2017 Merit list will be announced category wise
- As per the order of the merit list, the seat will be allocated to the candidates
Karnataka MBBS 2017 Counselling
The counselling of the Karnataka MBBS 2017 will be held in the online mode. Below are the steps to be follwed in the counselling procedure
- The candidates will have to login into the window.
- Enter the order of the preferences of the course and colleges, the candidates acn enter as many choices as they wish.
- The KEA will announce the availble option on the login of the candidates
- The candidates also need to providee their valid maid id.
- The candidates can make the final submission after the succeessful selection, deletion and confirmation of the choices
- The candidates need to logout after confirming the choices
- The candidates must keep a print out of the locked and saved choices with them
- The seat will be allocated to the candidates based on their merit position and the choices opted by them.
- If the candidates is not satisfied with the institute allotted, they can participate in the subsquent rounds of the counselling.
Documents to be produced at the time of Reporting
Below are the documents to be produced by the candidates at the time of reporting at the allocated institutes
- NEET 2017 Rank Card
- Xerox copy of filled KCET Medical 2016 Application Form
- Class X Mark sheet as a date of birth proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Two passport size recent colored photograph
- Study certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO/DDPI
Fee structure of government and private medical colleges of Karnataka
|Category||Medical Colleges||Dental Colleges|
|Government||Private Un Aided/ Priv. Minority/Deemed / PRIV. Univ||Government||Private Un Aided/ Priv. Minority/Deemed / PRIV. Univ|
|for OBC 2A,2B,3A,3B||Rs.16,700||Rs.77,500||Rs.14,400||Rs.52,500|
|INCOME BELOW 2.5 LAKHS For SC ST||Rs.0||Rs.0||Rs.0||Rs.0|
|INCOME BETWEEN 2.5 to 10 LAKHS||Rs.12,100||Rs.42,500||Rs.10,950||Rs.30,000|
|CAT-1 INCOME BELOW 2.5 LAKHS||Rs.500||Rs.61,300||Rs.500||Rs.38,600|
|INCOME ABOVE 2.5 LAKHS||Rs.16,700||Rs.77,500||Rs.14,400||Rs.52,500|
Note – Medical – 70000 + ( 7500 – University and other fees ) Dental – 45000 + ( 7500 – University and other fees )
Stay tuned to http://entrancecorner.com/medical for the latest information on Karnataka MBBS Admission 2017