NEET MDS 2017 Counselling – Medical Council Committee (MCC) conducts the counselling to offer admission to MDS course over 50% All India quota of Government dental institutes. The result of NEET MDS 2017 counselling round 1 has been declared by the MCC. A total number of 236 candidates have been allotted seats in the first round. These candidates will need to report at the designated institutes from March 24 to April 3, 2017, to fulfil rest of the formalities. The second round of the NEET MDS 2017 counselling will begin from April 24, 2017. For the detailed information on NEET MDS 2017 Counselling, read the article below.
First Round NEET PG Allotment Result 2017 for MDS – Click here
Important Dates of NEET MDS 2017 Counselling
The official dates for NEET MDS 2017 Counselling have been announced. Go through the table to check the complete schedule
|S. No.||NEET MDS 2017 Counselling Events||Dates||Number of days|
|1.||Main Counseling Registration, Choice Filling & Indicative Seat allotment||March 14, 2017||6 days|
|2.||Last date to register (for both the rounds)||March 19, 2017|
|3.||Exercising of Choices and Locking (this facility will be available only after registration||March 14 to 20, 2017||Locking facility will be available only for one day|
|4.||Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1||March 21 to 22, 2017||2 Days|
|5.||Round 1 Result Publish||March 23 (Thursday) 2017||1 Day|
|6.||Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College after 1 st Round||March 24 (Friday) to April 3 (Sunday) 2017, (Up to 5:00 PM,||12 Days|
|2nd round of the counselling|
|1.||Exercising of Choices and Locking(Round 2)||April 24 to 25, 2017||2 Days|
|2.||Process of Seat Allotment – Round 2||April 24 to 25, 2017||2 Days|
|3.||Round 2 Result Publish||April 26, 2017||1 day|
|4.||Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against Round 2||April 27 to May 9, 2017||13 days|
|5.||Transfer of vacant seats to State Quota||May 9, 2017 (After 05:00 PM)||–|
NEET MDS 2017 Counselling Procedure
The given procedure can be followed by the applicants who have qualified for the counselling session and are mentioned in the merit list of All India 50% State Quota seats.
Step 1 – Registration
All applicants will have to register themselves for counselling by following the given steps:
- To register, click on the link given in the article (Link will updated as soon as it is released)
- Applicants will be directed to the MCC Counselling website where they will have to click on “Candidate Login”.
- Details regarding NEET MDS 2017 Roll number, application number, name of the applicant, parent’s name and date of birth will have to be submitted to proceed to the verification form. The details should be the same as that given during NEET MDS 2017 registrations.
- New password and security question will need to be selected. Applicants have to note the password for future use.
- Click on “Final Submit for Registration” button.
- To complete the registration process, the applicants will have to login again.
- After successful registration, the applicants will be shown their information as provided to NBE. Applicants can update and change their details. All corrections can be made here and then submitted. No changes can be done after submission.
Step 2 – Choice Filling
- After registration, applicants will have to fill in their choices according to their preferences.
- Submission of choices, modification, deletion and changing of order can be done as many times as required during the registration and choice filing period.
- Applicants will be able to find available choices according to her credentials by clicking on “Choices Available”. This retrieves the applicant’s personal and eligibility details and according shows the list of choices.
- The options to modify, delete, select and rearrange the choices will be available.
Step 3 – Mock Counselling
Before the end of the choice filling and choice locking period, a mock seat allotment will be done to let the applicant know which seat he/she is likely to get according to his/her ranking and preference. According to the seat allotment, the applicants can modify and make changes to their preferences.
Step 4 – Locking of Choices
- After making their choices, the applicants will have to lock their choices.
- No changes can be made after locking so applicants will have to be very careful while reviewing their choices.
- If the locking of choices is not done till the last date, the choices made till then by the applicants will be automatically locked.
- After submission, applicants can take a printout of the locked choices, which includes locking date and time, IP address of the computer and system generated locking code.
Step 5 – Seat Allotment
- Seats will be allotted online according to the applicant’s ranking in the merit list and preference given during registration.
- Allotment letter will be issued for the applicant once he/she is successfully allotted a seat in an institute/college.
Step 6 – Reporting to the Allotted Institute
Successfully allotted applicants will have to report to their allotted institute to submit the required documents and pay the tuition fees. In case an applicant is not satisfied with the allotted seat and wants to apply for the second round of counselling, he/she will have to report to the allotted institute of the first round. All applicants are required to bring the following original documents:
- NEET MDS 2017 Admit Card
- NEET MDS 2017 Result
- BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd Professional Examinations Mark Sheet
- BDS Degree Certificate
- Internship completion certificate from the Head of the Institution that he/she will complete the internship by March 31st, 2017.
- Permanent/Provisional certificate issued by DCI/Dental Council
- 10+2 certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Identity Proofs (PAN Card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate (if applicable)
- PH Medical Certificate (if applicable)
Information for the Physically Handicapped Candidates
As per the latest notification by the NBE, the candidates falling under the Physically Handicapped candidates will need to get themselves certified immediately at any one of the under mentioned ‘Disability Assessment Boards’ constituted at the metro cities
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi- 110029.
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AIPMR), Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai-400034, Maharashtra
- Institutes of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244 Archarya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata-700020, West Bengal. iv. Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai-60003, Tamil Nadu
Note: This is to be noted by the candidates that based on the certificate issued by one of the above mentioned ‘Disability Assessment Boards’ only admission will be offered under PH category
Second Round of NEET MDS 2017 Counselling
The second round of NEET MDS 2017 Counselling will be held if there are vacant seats still available after the first round of counselling. Applicants applying for the second round of NEET MDS 2017 Counselling will have to go through fresh choice filling and locking process. The entire counselling procedure is the same as the first round.
Important Points of NEET MDS 2017 Counselling
- The counselling process will be online.
- Seat allotment will be done based on the applicant’s ranking in NEET MDS 2017 Merit List and their preference.
- Failure to bring original certificates while reporting to the allotted institute will result in disqualification of the applicant.
- If the original documents of the applicant are deposited elsewhere and they report to the allotted institute with a certificate stating “their original certificates are deposited with the Institute/College/University”, these applicants will not be allowed to take admission in the institute.
NEET MDS Seat Matrix 2017
|S.NO||Name of the College||UR||SC||ST||OBC||PH||Total|
|1||COLL OF DENTISTRY, INDORE||3||1||1||0||0||5|
|2||D.C., AMU, ALIGARH||4||0||0||1||0||5|
|4||DR.R.A.D.C & H,KOLKATA||10||2||1||0||0||13|
|5||FAC of DS KGMU, Lucknow||9||2||1||0||1||13|
|6||G.D.C & H,AHMEDABAD||11||2||1||0||0||14|
|7||G.D.C. & HOSP, AURANGABAD||4||1||0||0||0||5|
|8||G.D.C. & HOSP. PATIALA||3||1||0||0||0||4|
|9||G.D.C. & HOSPITAL, JAIPUR||5||1||1||0||0||7|
|10||G.D.C. & R.I., BANGALORE||9||2||1||0||0||12|
|13||GDC & HOSP, MUMBAI||5||1||1||0||0||7|
|14||GDC & HOSP, NAGPUR||5||0||0||0||1||6|
|16||GOA DENTAL COLL. & HOSP||5||1||1||0||0||7|
|17||H.P.G.D.C. & HOSP.,SHIMLA||6||1||1||0||0||8|
|18||IMS BHU Dental, Varanasi||0||0||0||1||1||2|
|19||MAIDS, NEW DELHI||4||2||1||2||0||9|
|21||NAIR DC & HOSP, MUMBAI||10||1||1||0||0||12|
|22||PATNA DENTAL COLL., PATNA||0||1||0||0||0||1|
|23||PB GDC & HOSP,AMRITSAR||5||0||0||0||0||5|
|26||T.N. GDC & HOSP. CHENNAI||14||3||1||0||0||18|
|27||UCMS DENTAL DELHI||0||0||0||1||0||1|