NEET MDS 2017 Eligibility Criteria: The National Board of Education has prescribed certain conditions and qualifications that an applicant needs to fulfil in order to be eligible for the national level entrance examination for postgraduate dental courses. All applicants are requested to check the NEET MDS 2017 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the entrance examination. If any of the eligibility criteria are not fulfilled, then the applicant will not be considered for the admission process. NEET MDS 2017 Eligibility Criteria is a huge influencing factor while considering an applicant for admission into the various institutes of India offering postgraduate dental courses. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) was held from November 30th, 2016 till December 3rd, 2016.
The application process of NEET MDS 2017 started from September 26th, 2016 and ended on November 7, 2016. Only those who fulfill all the eligibility criteria are advised to fill the NEET MDS 2017 Application Form
NEET MDS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of NEET MDS 2017 as prescribed by the National Board of Education (NBE) are given below. To be qualified for the entrance examination, applicants will have to fulfil the given criteria.
- The applicant must be Indian National/Person of Indian Origin/Overseas Citizen of India possessing BDS degree from a government recognized dental college of India under the Dentist Act, 1948.
- These applicants should have also obtained provisional or permanent BDS registration and has completed 1 year of compulsory rotary internship in a recognized dental college.
- The condition of one year compulsory rotary internship is not applicable for applicants who have passed their BDS examination on or before 1988 and hold a degree from a recognized Dental Institute under an Indian University.
- Applicants who have not completed their 12 months of internship will not be accepted unless they are the students of the batch admitted during 2007-2008 and have completed 4½ years of BDS College along with 6 months of compulsory rotation or are the students admitted during the academic session 2006-2007 at Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University and have completed 5 year BDS course without internship.
- Eligibility to sit for the NEET MDS 2017 examination will be given to the applicants, who have passed the final BDS qualifying examination and are currently undergoing 12 months internship which is to be complete by 31st March, 2017. However, those applicants will not be provided admission until he/she has completed the internship and obtained provisional or permanent registration on or before 31st March, 2017. A certificate from the head of the institution stating that the applicant will finish the internship by the given date can also be submitted.
- The Dental Colleges of the applicants must be recognized under the Dentists Act, 1948 or have an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- Registration of the applicants with the State Dental Councils is necessary and the documents proving it has to be provided during counselling.
- Applicants who have studied BDS from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for the 50% All India Quota Seats. However, candidates who are nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to study BDS from Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir will be eligible to apply for admission.
- In some universities/institutions, applicants who are already pursing any PG course in their university or another university are not eligible for admission unless they complete the course.
To take part in the admission process, applicants have to fulfil all of the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Certificates relating to the eligibility criteria have to be submitted during the counselling process which will be held after the declaration of NEET MDS 2017 Result on January 15th, 2017. Applications are open to candidates from all of the states (except Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir). Registrations will be open till October 31st, 2016.