NEET PG 2017– The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for post graduation courses was conducted from December 5 to 13, 2016 in the online mode. The result of NEET PG 2017 was declared on January 15, 2017. Currently, the result of NEET PG 2017 seat allotment round 2 has been declared by Medical Council Committee (MCC). The link to access the NEET PG 2017 round 2 seat allotment result is uploaded on this page. Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is conducting the counselling for the 50% All India Quota post graduate medical/dental seats in all the government medical colleges of the India. The admission will be done strictly on the basis of merit list of NEET PG 2017. Among all the candidates appeared in the exam, total 31, 330 candidates have qualified the NEET PG 2017 and are eligible to participate in NEET PG counselling. For more details on counselling, seat allotment, merit list of NEET PG 2017, check the article below.
Latest: NEET PG 2017 Round 2 Allotment result declared – Check here
Use NEET PG College Predictor to check which all colleges can you take admission in, based on your NEET PG 2017 Rank & Percentile
The counselling dates of NEET PG 2017 has been announced. Check here the NEET PG 2017 Counselling schedule and exam schedule
|S. No.||NEET PG 2017 Counselling Events||Dates||Number of days|
|1.||Main Counseling Registration, Choice Filling & Indicative Seat allotment||March 14, 2017||6 days|
|2.||Last date to register (for both the rounds)||March 19, 2017|
|3.||Exercising of Choices and Locking (this facility will be available only after registration||March 14 to 20, 2017||Locking facility will be available only for one day|
|4.||Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1||March 21 to 22, 2017||2 Days|
|5.||Round 1 Result Publish||23rd March (Thursday) 2017||1 Day|
|6.||Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College after 1 st Round||24th March (Friday) 2017 to 3rd April (Sunday) 2017, (Up to 5:00 PM,||12 Days|
|2nd round of the counselling|
|1.||Exercising of Choices and Locking(Round 2)||24th April to 25th April 2017||2 Days|
|2.||Process of Seat Allotment – Round 2||24th April to 25th April 2017||2 Days|
|3.||Round 2 Result Publish||April 26, 2017||1 day|
|4.||Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against Round 2||27th April to May 09, 2017||13 days|
|5.||Transfer of vacant seats to State Quota||May 09, 2017 (After 05:00 PM)||–|
|6.||Commencement of MD/MS/MDS session||May 01, 2017|
Below is the dates of registration, entrance examination, result of NEET PG 2017.
|Release of information brochure||September 26, 2016|
|Online registration begins in||September 26, 2016|
|Last date for the Online registration||October 31, 2016|
|Extended last date for Online registration||November 7, 2016|
|Admit card generated||after filling Application and payment of fees|
|NEET PG 2017 held from||December 5 to 13, 2016|
|Announcement of result||January 13, 2017|
|50% All India Quota seats Result||January 14, 2017|
The NEET PG Result 2017 has been announced by the National Board of Education. Also, for the 50% All India Quota candidates, score card have been issued. In order to download the NEET PG 2017 Score Card, the candidates will need to provide their Testing Id and Date of Birth. The candidates who secured equal to or more than qualifying marks will be declared qualified and are eligible for admissions to the PG medical programmes across the country.
The merit list of NEET PG 2017 has been declared. The merit list consist of the names of the candidates who qualified for the counselling process of NEET PG 2017. NBE releases three types of merit list – All India NEET PG Merit List, All India 50% Quota Rank and. Overall merit list has been issued by the NBE and 50% All India Quota rank list was declared on Jan 14, 2017. The merit list of NEET PG 2017 is based on the scores of the entrance examination. The merit list of each category will consist of five times the number of seats available for allotment.
National Board of Education has announced the NEET PG 2017 cutoff along with the result. NEET PG 2017 Cutoff has been issued for the different categories.
NEET PG 2017 Overall Cutoff
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut off score (out of 1500)||Remarks|
|Category (UR)||50% Percentile||705.9194||Candidates scoring equal to or more than this cut-off score have been declared as qualified|
|SC/ST/OBC||40% Percentile||655.1766||ST/SC/OBC candidates scoring equal to or more than this cut-off score have been declared as qualified|
|Persons with Disability||45% Percentile||680.0611||UR-PH candidates scoring equal to or more than this cut-off score have been declared as qualified|
NEET PG 2017 50% All India Quota Cutoff
|2.||Unreserved Physically Handicapped||682.3638|
|3.||Other Backward Class||842.2654|
|4.||Other Backward Class Physically Handicapped||655.5969|
|6.||Schedule Caste Physically Handicapped||658.5397|
|8.||Schedule Tribe Physically Handicapped||673.4360|
For the better idea of the candidate the cutoff list of all the categories of AIPGMEE 2016 is being provided here.
|S. No.||Category||Cutoff Marks|
Medical Council Committee is conducting the NEET PG 2017 Counselling. The result of the NEET PG 2017 Counselling has been declared, use the link provided on this page to check the result. Below are important points related to the NEET PG 2017 Counselling.
- The Medical Council Committee (MCC) will conduct the NEET PG Counselling 2017 based on the scores obtained in NEET PG 2017.
- The All India Quota for the seats is 50% and candidates who have qualified for the same will have to apply for it. As per the latest notification of NBE 31330 candidates have qualified to participate in NEET PG 2017 Counselling.
- Candidates will have to fill their choice of courses and colleges while applying.
- Seat allotment will be based on their NEET PG 2017 scores and the choices filled in as per the available vacancies for the same.
Information for the Physically handicapped category candidates
All Those candidates who are falling under PH category will have get themselves verified at any of the listed centres.
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi- 110029.
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AIPMR), Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai-400034, Maharashtra
- Institutes of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244 Archarya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata-700020, West Bengal. iv. Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai-60003, Tamil Nadu.
Note: PH category candidates will have to send self attested photocopy of their disability certificate with mention of their name, category, rank number, email id, contact telephone number(s) to Assistant Director General (ME), Room no. 354-A WIng, Nirman Bhawan, Maulana Azad Road, New Delhi-110108 by speed post and scanned copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NEET PG 2017 Participating Institutes
Scope of NEET PG 2017
Salient Features of NEET PG 2017
- Exam Name: National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (Post Graduation)
- Conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE).
Important: As per the new notification released by the National Board of Education (NBE), Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow is now included as a participating institute in NEET-PG 2017. Admissions to MD Courses at SGPGIMS Lucknow will be filled through the merit list of NEET-PG.
The candidates must note that due to cyclones in Chennai, NEET PG was rescheduled and held on December 16, 2016. For the candidates who want to pursue their post graduation in MDS after completing their BDS, NBE conducted NEET MDS 2017, the entrance exam was scheduled between November 30 to December 3 in the online mode.
Institutes exempted from NEET PG
Following institutes are exempted by the NEET PG and all these institutes will conduct their own exam and offer admission accordingly
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh;
- JIPMER, Pondicherry;
- NIMHANS Bangalore and Sri Chitra Institute, Trivandrum.
Seats Covered under NEET PG 2017 –
Below are the seats covered under NEET PG 2017
- All India 50% quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
DNB Broad specialty courses (January 2017 Admission Session)
About NEET PG 2017:
- The Exam is computer based
- The All India Quota (Pool) for seats owned by institutions of central /state governments is 50% in case of PG seats
- Andhra Pradesh had a special status which has been continued forward after bifurcation of states of Andhra and Telangana). On account of this status, both these states will not contribute to the All India Quota 50% pool and the medical graduates of the State accordingly cannot participate in the All India Quota of NEET PG 2017.
- Jammu & Kashmir also has a special status wherein the state will not contribute to the All India Quota 50% pool and its medical graduates cannot participate in the All India Quota. However the state comes under the gambit of NEET PG 2017.
- NIMHANS may participate in NEET PG 2017. The status of this is yet not known. The reason is that it is a statutory institution created by an act of central legislature. It is not mandatory for the institute to participate in NEET PG 2017.
- It is highly likely that DNB admissions shall be through NEET-PG 2017 (for the January session) and therefore the DNB-CET may not be held.
The candidates must check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the authorities for NEET PG 2017 candidates. The criteria are related to the academic qualifications, nationality, age limits and more. Candidates must fulfil the given criteria below.
- All Candidates must hold an MBBS degree, from a recognized national or international medical institute that is included in the Schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- All Candidates must have completed the mandatory internship. They must also have acquired permanent registration from Medical Counseling of India (MCI) or the respective State Medical Council (SMC).
- Candidates who are still completing their internship are eligible to apply but only if they complete their internship by March 31, 2017 else they will be ineligible.
Candidates will be considered ineligible if:-
- They have studied medicine from an institute which is not recognized by MCI.
- They have not completed the internship.
- They are not registered with MCI or the respective SMC.
- Their NEET PG 2017 application from is not in the prescribed format and submitted on time.
NEET PG 2017 Application Procedure
The application procedure of the NEET PG 2017 is over. However, for the reference the detailed steps to fill and submit the application form is given below.
NEET PG 2017 Application Fee:
|Category of Students||Amount|
|General/ OBC Applicants||Rs 3750/-|
|SC/ST/PWD candidates||Rs 2750/-|
Procedure to Fill the NEET PG 2017 Application Form:
Step 1- Candidates must create their profile:
- They must enter their Name as it appears on their MBBS Degree.
- Next they must enter their Email ID.
- They must create a Username for their profile.
- They must enter a password for their profile.
- They must also enter a secret question that will be used to retrieve the password, username if candidates forget the same.
Specifications for the Username and Password:
|1||Username||Must be a combination of alphanumeric characters.Must not contain spaces or special charactersMaximum length allowed is 50 characters|
|2||Password||Must be between 7 to 20 characters.Must contain at least one alpha and one numerical character.|
Candidates must thereafter enter the additional contact information as follows:
- Primary telephone number: Candidates are advised to give their mobile numbers to receive the NEET PG 2017 related messages and SMS.
- Secondary telephone number: Candidates must enter either a landline or another mobile number. In case of a landline number, candidates must also enter the Area Code /STD Code
- Postal Address
Step 2 – Filling the NEET PG 2017 Application Form:
Candidates must enter the following details
- Personal Information like Gender, Nationality, Category as per central list, Category as per domicile state list and Date of Birth.
- Preference to join an institute/hospital of Armed Forces
- Domicile State
- Educational Background
- Total aggregate marks obtained in MBBS examination.
- Information on MBBS, completion date for internship (internship completion date must be on or before 31 March 2017)
Candidates are required to save the information. Thereafter a copy of their NEET PG 2017 application form will be emailed within 24 hours to the email address specified by them.
Step 3 – Choosing the NEET PG Exam Centre 2017: Candidates are required to select the exam centre from the given list. Candidates must note that the choice of exam centres is real time as candidates will be able to book on first come first serve basis. Dates in blue mean that the slots are available. Candidates have to enter their choice and confirm the same. The exams will be held in 41 cities across the country.
NEET PG 2017 Admit Card
The NEET PG 2017 Admit card was issued within the 24 hours of getting registered. The National Board of Examination mailed the admit card on the mail Id of the registered candidate. It is compulsory for the candidates to bring the admit card at the time giving exam, it is a very important document without which they will not be allowed to take the exam. Also, the candidate will need to paste the recent colour photograph on the admit card in space provided for the purpose, also it should be attested by a gazetted officer.
Important: Candidates must carry a valid Photo ID along with the NEET PG Admit card 2017 to the exam hall. The Photo ID must be valid and can be any of the following:
- PAN Card,
- Voter’s ID,
- Driving License,
- Aadhar Card
- MCI / State Medical Council registration certificate bearing the candidate’s photograph
In NEET PG 2017 entrance examination, there are 300 multiple type questions. For the better idea the candidates can go through the table given below
|Duration||3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Number of Questions||300|
|Type of Questions||MCQ’s|
The candidates can check the complete syllabus of NEET PG 2017. Also, the weightage of the subject is being elaborated in the table below.
|S. No.||Subject||Subject wise weightage of the questions|
|8.||Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|9.||Medicine Dermatology & Venereology||37|
|10.||Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics and Anaesthesia||46|
|11.||Radio diagnosis and Radiotherapy||12 (6+6)|
|12.||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
For the better analysis the syllabus of AIPGMEE exams and the NEET PG 2013 is compared in the table below.
|Subjects||Weightage in NEET 2013||Weightage in AIPGMEE|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||–||25|
|SPM, Statistics & Biomedical Research||20|
|Medicine Dermatology and Venereology||–||37|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics and Anesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy||–||12 (6+6)|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology||20||25|
National Board of Examinations
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg
Ring Road, Delhi-110 092
Also, the toll-free number is in effect from the September 26. All the queries related to NEET PG will be answered on it:- 1800 11 1700