NEET Result 2017 – The result of NEET 2017 has been made available on June 23, by CBSE. All the candidates who have appeared in entrance exam can check CBSE NEET result. Candidates must enter their roll number and date of birth to download their NEET result 2017. The direct link to check CBSE NEET UG result is given in the article below. The result displays subject-wise and total marks, overall percentile scores, All India rank. Apart from this, the qualifying status and cutoff score for NEET counselling are also available with NEET result. NEET 2017 was conducted on May 07, in offline mode. Around 10,00,000 candidates appeared in entrance exam, out of which a total number of 6,11,739 candidates have qualified in NEET. The link to download rank letter will be provided in the article below. On the basis of NEET 2017 result, candidates will be granted admission to 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS courses offered in government and private medical as well as dental colleges of India. For more information on NEET result 2017, procedure, toppers and other latest updates, read the article below.
Latest: NEET 2017 Cutoff
NEET Result 2017 – Close to 50% Candidates Fail to Qualify, Navdeep Singh from Punjab Bags AIR 1
NEET 2017 Result Analysis – Girls Outperform Boys; 3 Toppers from Punjab
NEET Result 2017 Dates
In the table below, important dates related to NEET result 2017 is being provided.
|S. No.||NEET Result 2017||Dates|
|1.||Announcement of NEET Result 2017||June 23, 2017|
|2.||NEET 2017 Counselling starts||
July 03, 2017
LATEST: NEET Result 2017 Announced – Click Here
NEET 2017 Cutoff
NEET 2017 Merit List
NEET Counselling 2017
NEET 2017 Result – Procedure to check
NEET 2017 result has been announced on June 23. Therefore, candidates need to follow the steps mentioned below to download NEET 2017 score card.
- Use direct link provided here to check CBSE NEET UG result
- The link will redirect candidates to login window
- Enter NEET roll number
Then, submit date of birth as registered while registering
- NEET result 2017 is available on the screen displaying rank, scores, qualifying status (Check the image given below to get better idea of NEET 2017 result)
- It is advised to download and take a printout of CBSE NEET 2017 result for future use
- Candidates must enter the details carefully. With any wrong information, CBSE NEET result will not be generated
NEET Top 25 Candidates AIR List given below
Use Careers360 NEET College predictor to predict your College
NEET 2017 Cutoff
The cutoff of NEET 2017 has been published along with result on June 23. Check NEET cutoff 2017 with category wise cutoff marks. The candidates can check category wise NEET 2017 Cutoff from the table below.
|Category||Marks range||No. of Candidates|
|Others – PH||130-118||67|
NEET previous year cutoff
The candidates also can check previous year NEET cutoff from the table below.
NEET Overall Category-wise Cutoff
|Category||Number of Candidates||Marks range||Qualifying Criteria|
|Unreserved||171329||685 – 145||50th Percentile|
|Unreserved PH||437||474 – 131||45th Percentile|
|SC||47183||595 – 118||40th Percentile|
|SC PH||143||415 – 118||40th Percentile|
|ST||15710||599 – 118||40th Percentile|
|ST PH||36||339 – 118||40th Percentile|
|OBC||175226||678 – 118||40th Percentile|
|OBC PH||597||510 – 118||40th Percentile|
NEET Result Layout
The NEET result 2017 will look like the image provided below.
Details printed on NEET Result 2017
NEET Result 2017 will contain the following details:
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- Application Number
- Candidate’s roll number
- Total marks secured
- Marks secured in Physics
- Marks secured in Chemistry
- Marks secured in Biology
- Total percentile secured
- NEET All India Rank
- NEET Category rank
- Qualifying status as- qualified or non –qualified
- NEET all India Quota rank (for 15% all India quota seats)
- Cut off score for counselling under 15% All India Quota
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
NEET 2017 Score Vs Rank
On the basis of marks secured by candidates in NEET 2017, the merit list will be prepared by CBSE. NEET merit list 2017 will display merit rank allotted to candidates. As per the common concept, higher the score is, better rank will be allotted. Candidates who have used the formula given above to calculate NEET scores, can also calculate their rank with the same. For a better idea, candidates can also check the table below which indicates the marks and rank (as per NEET 2016). The data provided below can also be used to get an approximate idea of rank achieved through NEET result 2017. With the help of rank range, candidates can prepare a list of colleges in e minimum qualifying percentile in order to qualify NEET 2017. The qualifying percentile varied for different categories. Check NEET 2017 qwhich they can apply for MBBS and BDS, based on their NEET scores. Check NEET Rank vs Mark table below.
|Rank Range||Marks Range||Rank Range||Marks Range|
NEET 2017 Cutoff (Qualifying Percentile)
Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying percentile in order to qualify NEET 2017. The qualifying percentile varied for different categories. Check NEET 2017 qualifying percentile to secured from the table below.
|S. No.||Category||Qualifying Percentile|
|2.||Unreserved – PH candidates||45th percentile|
|3.||Scheduled Caste||40th percentile|
|4.||Scheduled Caste – PH candidates||45th percentile|
|5.||Scheduled Tribe||40th percentile|
|6.||Scheduled Tribe – PH candidates||45th percentile|
|7.||Other Backward Class||40th percentile|
|8.||Other Backward Class – PH candidates||45th percentile|
Note: On the basis of highest marks secured in All-India common merit list, the percentile will be declared.
NEET Result 2017 Tie-Breaking
There are cases when marks secured by two or more candidates are equal. In such cases, following measures are adopted to conclude the rank.
- The candidate securing higher marks in Biology will be given preference.
- After this, the candidate possessing better marks in Chemistry will be allocated better rank.
- If the above two measures do not break the tie, the candidate with less number of attempted wrong questions in all the subjects of NEET 2017 will be considered.
- Even after applying all the above measures, tie remains, the candidate older in age will be preferred.
How NEET result 2017 is calculated?
Candidates who are curious to calculate their marks before the announcement of NEET 2017 result, can download the official answer key. CBSE has released the official answer key of NEET on June 15. Candidates were allowed to challenge NEET official answer key 2017 until June 16. Through answer key, candidates will get to know the correct and incorrect answers marks by them in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2017. Before the calculation of marks, candidates must be aware of the marking scheme which will be followed while calculating result of NEET. The NEET result is to be declared on June 08. The marking strategy followed by CBSE is mentioned below.
NEET 2017 Marking Scheme
|Answer Type||Marks per answer|
|Correct answers||+4 marks|
|Incorrect answers||-1 mark|
|Answers were not attempted||0 mark|
|Marked more than one option||0 mark|
Note: NEET 2017 question booklet had 180 questions with a maximum mark as 720. While applying the marking scheme, candidates can follow the formula given below to calculate their estimate scores in NEET.
NEET 2017 Score = Total number of correct answers X 4 – total number of incorrect answers X -1
Scope of NEET Result 2017
Based on the NEET 2017 result, the admission will be offered in a total number of 90,000 MBBS and BDS seats across medical and dental colleges of the country. Out of which, 65,000 seats are of MBBS course & 25,000 seats are of BDS course. There are Central Government, State Government, University, Deemed University, Trust, Society, Company, Minority Institutions in India offering admission over medical and dental courses. Below are the quota and seats under which admission is offered to the qualified candidates based on NEET score.
15% All India Quota Seats – From all the Government medical and dental colleges of the country, 15% seats are reserved for the All India Quota seats. Only the top 15% of NEET qualifiers are offered admission under this quota. The Medical Council Committee, Directorate General Health Services, Government of India, will conduct NEET counselling to offer admission to candidates under All India Quota seats.
85% State Government Quota Seats – All the remaining 85% seats will be allotted under state government quota seats. The counselling will be organised by designated authority as decided by the state government to offer admission in state quota. Only domicile candidates of the respective states can participate in 85% state quota seats.
State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University – The counselling and admission procedure of private and deemed medical colleges University will be carried out by the state authority which holds counselling for the state quota.
NEET Cutoff for top Medical College
In the table below, the opening and closing rank of the top medical colleges of the country is being provided.
|Name of the Medical Colleges||Cutoff of 2015|
|Opening Score||Closing score|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||1||7643|
|Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh||73||5109|
|Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai||104||58243|
|Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||82||22347|
|Medical College, Kolkata||178||196096|
|B. J. Medical College, Ahmedabad||71||20508|
|Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai||228||30268|
|Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur||99||56117|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai||162||114921|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||35||11397|
The overall NEET merit list and result will be published by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET result will be handed to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India and respective state authorities. Medical Council Committee will prepare the NEET All India Quota merit list and based on the same the counselling for 15% All India quota seats will be conducted. For the state quota counselling and admission, the designated authority will prepare the state quota merit list based on NEET score and reservation policies of the state.
The counselling of NEET will commence from July 03, 2017. NEET counselling is to be conducted by DGHS in two rounds. NEET 2017 counselling will be done in two rounds. All candidates shortlisted for All India Quota seats have to register online. The qualified candidates can select and lock the choices as per the order of the merit list. Based on the rank and choices exercised by the candidates, seats will be allotted to the qualified candidates.
Highlights of NEET 2017
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2017 was conducted on May 07, by CBSE. After the conclusion of NEET, the conducting authority published a data revealing the number of centres and candidates appeared in NEET. Candidates can check some interesting highlights of NEET 2017 below.
- This year, a total of 11,38,890 candidates registered for NEET, which includes 1522 NRIs, 480 OCIs, 70 PIOs and 613 Foreigners
- The exam was conducted in 10 languages at 1921 exam centres in 103 exam cities
- As per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, NEET UG is conducted for admission in 90,000 MBBS and BDS seats
- The seats are classified into four categories – All India Quota seats, State Government Quota seats, Management Quota seats, Central Pool Quota seats
- CBSE also declared that total average of candidates appearing in NEET 2017 was 95% and the presence of candidates in Srinagar was more than 97%
- The table below displays the number of candidates appeared for examination and the total of number of centres in an examination centre
- As per the data, the highest number of candidates were registered from Jaipur, whereas, Banglore was the city with the highest number of allotted centre
- On the other hand, Kavaratti, the capital of Lakshadweep island, had only 01 centre with 175 candidates registered for NEET
NEET Result 2017 Updates
Candidates can check the recent updates on NEET result and details below.
June 20, 2017 – NEET 2017 Result unlikely to be announced on June 20
June 12, 2017 – NEET Result 2017 – SC stays Madras HC order; Result to be announced by June 26
June 08, 2017 – NEET Result 2017 delayed – To be declared after June 13
June 07, 2017 – NEET 2017 Result to be delayed, says CBSE
May 29, 2017 – NEET Exam 2017 – Notice issued to CBSE and MCI by Gujarat High Court
May 25, 2017 – NEET Result 2017 – Madras High Court restrains the CBSE from declaring result
NEET Result 2017 Details
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) was conducted on May 07
- A total of 11,38,890 candidates registered for NEET 2017 including 1522 NRIs, 480 OCIs, 70 PIOs and 613 foreigners
- Along with the result, CBSE has published minimum qualifying NEET cutoff percentile as defined by examination authority
- The General category candidates must secure 50th percentile, whereas, candidates under SC/ST/OBC categories must obtain 40th percentile
- All the person with disability (PWD) from each respective category must secure 45th percentile in NEET 2017
- As per the cutoff and result, the NEET counselling to be done for MBBS and BDS courses under 15% All India Quota seats
- NEET 2017 counselling to be conducted by Medical Counsellling Committee (MCC) of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS)
- For remaining 85% state quota seats, the admission to be granted through merit list prepared by respective admission counselling committee
- Under 85% state quota seats, admission to MBBS and BDS seats offered by government as well as private medical and dental colleges located in state
Stay with /http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/ for latest updates on NEET 2017
For any doubt or query regarding – Comment below