PGIMER 2017 Counselling: The first round of PGIMER 2017 Counselling was held on December 16, 2016 at their campus in Chandigarh. Seat allotment of almost 20 postgraduate courses in Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) programmes was done during the counselling process. Candidates had to be physically present during the PGIMER 2017 Counselling or they would be disqualified. The second round of counselling will be held tentatively on January 10, 2017. PGIMER 2017 candidates who have successfully secured the minimum qualifying marks will be called in for counselling according to their schedule allotted for their ranks. After the PGIMER Counselling process is over, successful candidates will secure their seats in the Institute.
PGIMER 2017 counselling will be held in four rounds. Candidates will be allotted seats only on the basis of rank in the merit list and fulfilment of eligibility criteria. Details of the counselling dates of PGIMER 2017 is given below.
PGIMER 2017 Counselling Dates
Listed below are the counselling dates for PGIMER 2017
|1.||First Round of Counselling for PGIMER 2017||December 16, 2016 (11:00 a.m)|
|2.||Second Round of Counselling for PGIMER 2017 (Tentative)||January 10, 2017|
|3.||Third Round of Counselling for PGIMER 2017 (Tentative)||January 20, 2017|
|4.||Fourth Round of Counselling for PGIMER 2017 (Tentative)||January 27, 2017|
PGIMER 2017 First Round of Counselling
Step 1 – Counselling Process
- Counselling process for PGIMER 2017 has started on December 16, 2016 at 11:00 a.m.
- Candidates were called in for counselling to the PGIMER Chandigarh campus according to their rank in the merit list.
- Candidates called in for counselling had to be physically present.
- Candidates had to go through a medical check up to qualify for admission
- Candidates absent at the time of counselling were not considered for admission. However, they will still be eligible to appear in the second/third/fourth counselling.
- Under exceptional circumstances, if a candidate reported for counselling after his/her turn; he/she was considered for admission only in the disciplines available at that time.
Step 2 – Verification of Documents
Documents for verification was needed by the candidates to get admission into PGIMER. The original documents had to be submitted to PGIMER. Listed below are the documents needed by PGIMER 2017 Candidates:
- 10+2 certificates as birth proof
- Admit card of PGIMER 2017 Exam
- MBBS graduation certificate from a recognized university
- Certificate of Internship completion
- Medical Certificate of Registration
- Provisional Certificate
- Three Passport size photos
Step 3 – Admission and Payment of Fees
After the successful verification of documents, candidates were allotted seats in the Institute for the Postgraduate course. After getting selected, candidates had to pay the fees immediately after selection. The fee structure of PGIMER 2017 is given below.
|1.||Registration Fee||Rs 500|
|2.||Tuition Fee||Rs. 250 per annum|
|3.||Laboratory Fee||Rs. 900 per annum|
|4.||Amalgamated Fee||Rs. 720 per annum|
|5.||Security||Rs. 1000 (refundable only after completion of course)|
|6.||Hostel Security||Rs. 5000 (refundable) to be deposited with the Administrative Officer (Hostel) if Hostel is alloted.|
PGIMER 2017 Second Round of Counselling
- The second round of counselling will be held by PGIMER tentatively on January 10, 2017 if there are still vacant seats available.
- Candidates who did not get the subject of his/her choice in the first round of counselling can appear for the second round of counselling.
- The steps of the second round of counselling will be the same as the first round of counselling.
PGIMER 2017 Third Round of Counselling
- The third round of counselling will be held tentatively on January 20, 2017 if there are vacant seats still available.
- Candidates who did not get the subject of his/her choice in the first two rounds of counselling are eligible to appear for the third round.
- The steps of the third round of counselling will be the same as the first and second round of counselling.
PGIMER 2017 Fourth Round of Counselling
- The fourth round of counselling will be held tentatively on January 27, 2017 only in extreme cases of vacant seats.
- The fourth round of counselling is tentative.
- Steps of the fourth round of counselling will be the same as that of the above.
PGIMER 2017 Counselling – Important Points
- No clinical or practical examination will take place during counselling.
- the number of candidates to be called for the first round of counselling will be three times the number of seats to be filled for each category of candidates.
- No penalty will be charged from the candidate who gets selected in another subject after surrendering from the subject in which he/she joined in the previous rounds of counselling.
- Selection of candidates who fail to join on the given date will be cancelled. Under exceptional circumstances, candidates may be allowed to join late provided they make up for the deficiency later.
- After admission, candidates will be on contract service for three years and will be required to sign an agreement and undertaking with the Institute. Candidates who will leave the course midway will be penalized heavily.