PGIMER 2017 Cutoff: The cutoff of the PGIMER 2017 is the minimum qualifying marks the candidates need to secure in order to qualify the exam. The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Examination and Research has announced the cutoff of the all the categories for the January session 2017. The PGIMER 2017 July session will be held on May 14, 2017. It is mandatory for the candidates to secure qualifying marks in order to qualify the exam. For the detailed information on PGIMER 2017 Cutoff and related information, read the article below.
Latest: PGIMER Result 2017 available here
PGIMER 2017 Cutoff Percentile
Candidates of various categories, who secure the required percentile in the PGIMER 2017 theory examination, as mentioned against each category, will qualify for admission.
|1.||Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||55th Percentile|
|2.||OBC, OPH. SC/ST. Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th Percentile|
|3.||Bhutanese Nationals||45th Percentile|
PGIMER 2017 Calculation of Score
The method of calculation of score has been mentioned below for applicants to refer to.
- The score of PGIMER 2017 will be calculated in a very objective manner without any human bias and subjectivity.
- PGIMER 2017 Question Paper consists of 250 questions, each with five response option.
- One or more of these five responses can be correct. In total, there are 1250 responses.
- There are some correct responses in the question paper (a) and some incorrect responses (b, so that a+b = 1250).
- The candidates’ responses are to the 1250 possible responses are matched with the true answer with the help of customized software.
- True correct responses are given positive marks while incorrect responses are marked negatively. Blank responses are not evaluated.
Formula used to calculate the percentage score of PGIMER 2017 exam:
- The calculation of the PGIMER 2017 Percentage Score is through a formula: [x/a-y/b] x 100.
- For example: A candidate has marked 580 responses as correct out of 600 correct responses in a question paper. Out of the marked 580 responses, 450 are truly correct and the remaining 130 are incorrect,
- Then a = 600, b = 650, x = 450 and y = 130. Therefore the percentage score of the candidate will be: [(450/600) – (130/650)] x 100 = 55.0.
PGIMER 2017 Result will be declared on May 15, 2017. The merit list will contain the names of all the candidates who have successfully qualified by securing the minimum qualifying percentile in the exam. Successful candidates will then be called for the counselling process.