PGIMER 2017 Seat Allotment: The entrance examination of PGIMER 2017 July session will be conducted on May 17, 2017, by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research. Seats will be allotted to candidates belonging to different categories for over 20 MD/MS postgraduate courses under PGIMER. Reservation of seats is also provided to some categories. The result of PGIMER 2017 will be declared on May 15, 2017. The candidates who successfully cleared the exam will be called in for the counselling process where they will be are allotted seats in the institute. PGIMER’s capacity of admitting students is 148 seats in MD/MS examinations. Among the total seats, 33 seats are reserved for General and 17 are reserved for OBC category candidate. Read the full article below for details on PGIMER 2017 Seat Allotment.
PGIMER 2017 Allotment of Seats
- Seat allotment of qualified applicants will begin on June 16, 2017.
- Candidates are called in for the allotment of seats according to their ranking in the merit list.
- Candidates who are allotted the seat will be taken for the medical check-up.
- Candidates will get their admission letter issued after the verification of documents, medical check-up, and clearance of verification of documents.
List of Documents to be Submitted for Verification
Candidates will have to submit the following documents for Counselling:
- PGIMER 2017 Online Application Form Printout
- A photograph – similar to the one used in the PGIMER 2017 Application Form.
- Experience Certificates if any
- Attested Educational Certificates
- Fresh OBC certificate if any
- Caste certificate
- Fresh copy of the bank challan
- NOC from present employer if applicable
PGIMER 2017 Fee Structure
Selected candidates have to pay the fees right after they are allotted a seat in the institute. Candidates have to pay the following fees to the institute.
|S.No||Description||MD/MS (Fee in INR)|
|1.||Registration Fee||Rs. 500|
|2.||Tuition Fee||Rs. 250 per annum|
|3.||Laboratory Fee||Rs. 900 per annum|
|4.||Amalgamated Fund||Rs. 720 per annum|
|5.||Security||Rs. 1000 (refundable only after completion of coure)|
|6.||Hostel Security||Rs 5000 (refundable) to be deposited with the Administrative Officer (Hostel) if Hostel accommodation is alloted|
PGIMER 2017 Contracts and Emoluments
Qualifying candidates have to enter into a contract with PGIMER for a duration of three years which is the period of their academic studies. The candidates will be known as Junior Residents and will be entitled to a pay scale of Rs. 15600 – 39100, and a grade pay of Rs. 5400. Non practicing allowance is also paid as per rules.
PGIMER 2017 Seat Allotment Statistics
Listed below are the number of seats available for different categories under various postgraduate courses offered by Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research.
|S.No||Departments||No of Seats|
|10.||Obstt and Gynae||2||0||0||0||0||1||3||1||0|
PGIMER 2017 Reservation Statistics
Given below is the reservation percentage for PGIMER candidates of different categories:
|S.No||Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|1.||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||22.5%|
|3.||Candidates who have worked or are working in rural areas less than 5000 population for a minimum period of 2 years in MD/MS course.||5%|
|4.||Person with Disability||3%|