PGIMER 2017 – The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) conducts entrance examination twice in a year to offer admission into the post graduate degree and diploma courses. There are 20 MD/MS and MDS speciality course offered by the institute. The entrance examination of PGIMER July session was conducted on May 14, 2017, in online mode. PGIMER 2017 Result has been declared on May 16. The candidates who appeared for the entrance examination can use the link provided below to check the result. The counselling for the qualified candidates will commence from June 16, 2017. For the complete details on PGIMER 2017 July session, read the article below.
Latest: PGIMER Result 2017 available Here
|S.No||Event||Date for MD/MS Courses|
|1.||Start of Application Form||March 17, 2017|
|2.||Last Date for Application Form||March 17, 2017|
|3.||Release of Admit Card||to be notified|
|5.||PGIMER 2017||May 14, 2017|
|6.||Result Date||May 16, 2017|
|7.||Counselling Round 1||June 16, 2016|
|8.||Counselling Round 2||July 14, 2017|
|9.||Counselling Round 3||July 24, 2017|
Salient Features of the PGIMER 2017 Exam:
Conducted by Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
- The PGIMER exam is held in two sessions – January and July every year.
- The MD/MS course has a duration of three academic years.
- Junior Residents will be paid emoluments as prescribed by the Government of India. Pay scale of Rs. 15600 – 39100, and a grade pay of Rs. 5400 as well as a Non-practicing allowance will be paid as per rules
- The application form is online and candidates must pay the application fees through the SBI Echallan which has to be downloaded.
- The PGIMER 2017 Admit card was available in the online mode on Nov 10, 2016.
- The PGIMER 2017 Result has been declared, candidates can check the result using the link given here.
- PGIMER 2017 Counselling will be on the basis of the scores obtained by candidates and the merit list prepared on the basis of this.
PGIMER 2017 Programmes and Seats
|S.No||Programme||Total Seat Intake|
PGIMER 2017 Reservation Criteria
|S.No||Category||% of Reservation|
|3||Candidates who have actually worked or are working in rural areas with less than 5000 population for a minimum period of 2 years in MD/MS Course||5%|
The Result for PGIMER 2017 has been announced on May 16, 2017. Below are the important points related to PGIMER 2017 Result.
- The PGIMER 2017 Result is prepared through an assessment which is objective and free of human bias and subjectivity.
- The result of PGIMER is computerised
- Candidates can log in to check their PGIMER 2017 Result
The calculation of the Percentage score= [x/a–y/b]×100
The question paper has 600 correct responses. If a candidate marks 580 responses as correct, out of which 450 are truly correct and the remaining 130 are incorrect, then a = 600, b = 650, x = 450 and y = 130. Therefore the percentage score is: [(450/600) – (130/650)] × 100 = 55.0.
PGIMER 2017 Merit List:
- The institute has prepared an overall merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates who appeared in PGIMER 2017 exam (irrespective of their category).
- The Candidates of various categories who secure percentile in the PGIMER 2017 theory examination, as per their category will qualify for admission
- In addition to category wise list, a combined General Category merit list of all the candidates will also be prepared.
The percentile will be computed with the help of a formula: Percentile= [(B+(0.5×E))/N]×100 where B = number of scores below the candidate’s score, E = number of scores equal to the candidate’s score (1 if there is no tie, and >1 if there is a tie), and N = number of candidates appearing for exam.
- The overall rank of all the candidates shall be decided based on these percentile scores.
- A higher percentile score translating into a better rank
The Percentile used for admissions can be checked below:
|1||Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||55th percentile|
|2||OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th percentile|
|3||Bhutanese Nationals||45th percentile|
- The first round of PGIMER 2017 Counselling will commence on June 16, 2017
- The Counselling for PGIMER 2017 will be in the order of merit as per the respective merits lists of the theory examination.
- Candidates must attend the PGIMER 2017 Counselling in person
Candidates are required to submit the following during counselling:
- PGIMER 2017 Online Application Form printout
- A photograph – identical to the one used in the application form
- Copies of certificates duly attested in support of educational qualification(s),
- Experience Certificates if any,
- Certificate for age/date of birth proof
- Caste certificate
- Fresh OBC certificate if any,
- Copy of challan
- NOC from the present employer if applicable,
Note: Candidates should sign all the documents and also put the date on them
They must pay the fees as specified and complete their admission formalities
Agreement Bonds / Sureties / Contract
- All selected candidates who join will be on contract service for a period of three years and will be required to execute an agreement and undertaking on non-judicial stamp paper of minimum Rs. 5 value.
- Any candidate who joins MD/MS course and leaves the course midway, will be penalized as per the specified procedure.
- Candidates must submit two sureties preferably from local residents, on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.25/-.
- The Formats for the same will be provided by the office during PGIMER 2017 Counselling.
|S.No||Details of Fees||Amount|
|1||Registration Fee||Rs 500|
|2||Tuition Fee||Rs. 250/- per annum|
|3||Laboratory Fee||Rs. 900/- per annum|
|4||Amalgamated Fund||Rs. 720/- per annum|
|5||Security||Rs. 1000/- (refundable only after completion of course)|
|6||Hostel Security to be deposited with the Administrative Officer (Hostel) if hostel accommodation is allotted||Rs. 5000/- (refundable)|
Candidates must pay the first instalment of fees for six months immediately after selection. The balance will have to be paid in monthly instalments from those receiving emoluments from the Institute. Those not receiving any emoluments are required to pay their dues half yearly in advance.
- Candidates must have passed MBBS from a University/ Institute recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- They must have completed, or are due to complete the one year rotatory internship training on or before December 31, 2016 for the January sessions and on or by June 30, 2017 for July session respectively
- They must be registered with the Central / respective State Medical Registration Council.
The details of the exam pattern of the entrance examination is available below.
|1||MD/MS Courses||Medicine and Surgery – 36 questions each||250 MCQs
3 hours duration
There is negative marking
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology -18 questions|
|Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, ENT and Applied Biochemistry -12 questions each|
|Anatomy, Forensic Medicine, Dermatology, Anaesthesia, Physiology, Psychiatry, Social & Preventive Medicine, Radio diagnosis and Radiotherapy – 6 questions in each|
|2||DM/M.Ch Courses||MCQ type theory paper. Theory examination is of one and half-hour duration. There is negative marking for wrong answers.|
|3||MDS Course||100 multiple-choice questions. The duration of examination is one and half-hours|
The application procedure of the PGIMER 2017 is over, for the reference of the candidates the steps to fill the form are elaborated below.
- The application form is online only.
- The application Fees: Rs 1000 for Gen/OBC and Rs 800 for SC/ST
- Candidates must fill the application form and submit it after uploading their photograph
- Candidates must fill their personal, academic details along with their address.
- They will be required to upload their recent colour photograph with a white background in JPEG format with a file size of 50KB. The photograph must be taken on or after the specified date and must have the name of candidate and date of taking the photograph. The photograph must be unattested.
- Candidates are advised to keep a few identical photographs for counselling
- After filling in the details, candidates can pay the fees of Rs 1000 (Rs 800 for SC/ST) online through SBI collect or download the Echallan to pay the fees in any branch of SBI. The fees must be paid in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (Examination) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319
- Candidates paying by Challan should mention their Name, Address, contact number and course name to which they are applying, on the back of Challan form.
- The candidate should ensure to take printout of application form after completing all details.
- Foreign nationals and Sponsored category candidates are required to send their Application forms along with the requisite certificates to the office of Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh- 160012, at least 15 days before the commencement of the Entrance Examination.
- The PGIMER 2017 Admit Card to be available soon, the link will be provided here accordingly
- The candidates had to provide their login Id and password to download the PGIMER 2017 Admit card
- Institute does not send the admit card individually to the candidates.
- Candidates must ensure they carry their PGIMER 2017 Admit Cards with them to the exam hall and also during the counselling.
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
Sector-12 Chandigarh – 160012