Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2017: The Government of Rajasthan along with Rajasthan University of Health Sciences (RUHS) have scrapped their annual medical entrance examination and started admissions based on the results of NEET scores from 2016. Candidates will be granted admission based on their NEET scores and online allotment of seats will be done by the Admission Board comprising of all Principals of Medical/Dental colleges of the state of Rajasthan. Online applications for Rajasthan Medical Colleges will tentatively start from the last week of August. Read the article below for full details on important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure and more.
Salient Features of Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2017
Entrance Examination – NEET 2017
Admission Committee – Rajasthan Medical Admission Board
Course: MBBS and BDS
Seats Available: 1634 seats (MBBS) and 255 seats (BDS)
Duration of Course
- MBBS: 4 years and six months followed by compulsory internship of one year
- BDS: 4 years and six months followed by compulsory rotary internship of one year
Participating Institutes & Total Seat Matrix of Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2017
The following list of institutes will be granting admission to eligible candidates under Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2017.
|S. No||Institutes||Total Seats||Website|
|1.||JLN MC Ajmer||124||www.medicaleducation.rajasthan.gov.in|
|3.||SMS MC, Jaipur||208||www.medicaleducation.rajasthan.gov.in|
|4.||SN MC, Jodhpur||208||www.medicaleducation.rajasthan.gov.in|
|6.||RNT MC, Udaipur||123||www.medicaleducation.rajasthan.gov.in|
|7.||RUHS College of Medical Sciences, Jaipur||70||www.ruhscms.org|
|9.||Geetanjali MC & Hospital,Udaipur||127||www.geetanjaliuniversity.com|
|10.||Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Jaipur.||127||www.mgumst.org|
|11.||National Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Jaipur||85||www.nimsuniversity.org|
|12.||Jaipur National University Institute for Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Jaipur||127||www.jnujaipur.ac.in
|1.||RUHS College of Dental Sciences, Jaipur||34||www.ruhscms.org|
|2.||NIMS Dental College, Jaipur||85||www.nimsuniversity.org|
|3.||Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, Jaipur||51||www.mgumst.org|
|4.||Geetanjali Dental and Research Institute, Udaipur||85||www.geetanjaliuniversity.com|
Given below are the tentative important dates of Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2017
|1.||Start of Online Application Form||4th week of August, 2017|
|2.||Last Date for Depositing Application Fees||1st week of September, 2017|
|3.||Closure of Online Application Form||1st week of September, 2017|
|4.||Publishing of First Round of Counselling Candidates||1st week of September, 2017|
|5.||First Round of Counselling||1st week of September, 2017|
|6.||Submission of Reporting Status by Colleges||2nd week of September, 2017|
|7.||Second Round of Counselling||3rd week of September, 2017|
|8.||Commencement of Classes||2nd week of September, 2017|
Candidates applying for Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2017 should have a look at the following eligibility criteria to see if they are eligible to apply or not for the course.
|1.||Age||Candidates have to be of minimum 17 years old.|
|2.||Education||Candidates should have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board of exam|
|3.||Qualifying Marks||All candidates must have passed individually in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
General: Minimum 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination
SC/ST/OBC/Special Backward Classes: Minimum 40% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination
|4.||NEET Scores||General: Minimum of 50 percentile in NEET 2017.
SC/ST/OBC/Special Backward Classes: Minimum of 40 percentile in NEET 2017.
Applications for Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2017 will tentatively start on the 4th week of August, 2017. Candidates will be able to access the application link in this page as soon as it is released officially. Before filling the application form, candidates will have to keep their scanned copies of photograph, signature, ST-STA certificate (if applicable), WDP/WPP certificate (if applicable) and PH category certificate (if applicable) ready.
- Candidates will need to register and fill in their personal details.
- Candidates have to note their Registration ID and Password for future reference.
- Candidates will have to pay the application fees at any e-Mitra/CSC kiosk centre authorized by the Government of Rajasthan.
- After depositing the fees, candidates will have to fill in their basic details – name, parents name, address etc.
- Next, candidates have to fill in their educational details.
- Candidates will have to upload the scanned documents – Passport size photograph, signature, signature, ST-STA certificate (if applicable), WDP/WPP certificate (if applicable) and PH category certificate (if applicable).
- According to their preference, candidates have to select their course and college combination.
- Candidates will have to click on “I Accept” in the Declaration page.
- Finally, after previewing the form, candidates can submit the application form and take a print out for future use.
Merit List of Rajasthan MBBS 2017
The merit list for the counselling process of Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2017 will be released during the first week of September 2017. Candidates who appeared for the examination and secured the required percentile will be called in for the counselling process. The merit shall be considered corresponding to minimum percentile obtained in NEET 2017 for all categories (as per RUHS ordinance and MCI guidelines) and the order of choices/option filled in by the candidates in the online form.
|S.No||Category||Percentile in NEET 2017|
|1.||GEN,OBC, CL, SBC CL||50 Percentile and above (145 marks and above)|
|2.||GEN PH||45 Percentile and above (131 marks and above)|
|3.||OBC NCL||40 Percentile and above (118 marks and above)|
|4.||SBC NCL||40 Percentile and above (118 marks and above)|
|5.||SC||40 Percentile and above (118 marks and above)|
|6.||ST||40 Percentile and above (118 marks and above)|
|7.||ST-STA||40 Percentile and above (118 marks and above)|
|8.||CATEGORY PH||40 Percentile and above (118 marks and above)|
Reservation of Seats of Rajasthan MBBS 2017
- 15% of seats in Government colleges will be reserved in MBBS/BDS Course to be filled up on an all India basis conducted by DGHS.
- Out of the total 24 seats, 4 in each State Medical College of Rajasthan of MBBS Course will be reserved for candidates selected under the Government pool.
|4.||Special Backward Classes||5%|
|5.||Defence/Para Military Personnel of Rajasthan||1%|
Counselling of Rajasthan MBBS 2017
Allotment of seats will be done through an online allotment process of all successful and registered candidates (Rajasthan state) through NEET 2017. Result shall be conducted strictly in the accordance with the merit list prepared on the basis of marks in NEET 2017. Candidates who secure a slot after the online counselling process will have to bring their requisite documents in original along with attested copies of documents for verification, at the time of admission to the allotted college. If the candidate fails to bring the required documents, their admission will be cancelled.
List of required documents:
- Receipt issued by e-Mitra/CSC Kiosk containing the Token number.
- NEET 2017 Score Card
- Allotment Letter
- Mark Sheet of 10+2 (senior school certificate examination) or its equivalent
- Date of Birth Certificate: 10th class mark certificate or any other certificate showing date of birth
- Mark sheet of secondary examination (10th Class)
- Certificate/Document providing candidate’s eligibility as selected by the candidate while filling the application form.
- Copy of Photo ID (Voter ID/Aadhar ID/Passport/Driving License, etc)
- Valid Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate, if application
- 4 Passport Size Photos
- PH certificate, if applicable, from a Govt. Medical college of Rajasthan State
- WDP/WPP certificates, if applicable
- Bond as per the applicable Proforma
- Any other relevant certificates.
Candidates who have secured equal percentile in NEET 2017 will admitted in the following order of preference:
- One who has secured more marks in the science subjects of 10+2 or its equivalent qualifying examination.
- One who has passed in lesser number of attempts in 10+2 or its equivalent qualifying examination.
- The candidate of higher age (older candidate).
Candidates who have been successfully allotted seats will be issued a joining letter, following which candidates have to report to their allotted college. Candidates will also have to go through a medical examination at their institutes. Payment of fees has to be done as soon as the candidates’ are allotted their seats during counselling.
Fee Structure of Rajasthan MBBS 2017
Following is the fee structure of different medical/dental colleges under the state of Rajasthan:
|College||Tuition Fee per annum||Other Fee|
|JLN MC, Ajmer||2000||As per the medical college website|
|SPMC, Bikaner||2000||As per the medical college website|
|SMS MC, Jaipur||2000||As per the medical college website|
|As per the medical college website|
|SNMC, Jodhpur||2000||As per the medical college website|
|GMC, Kota||2000||As per the medical college website|
|RNT MC, Udaipur||2000||As per the medical college website|
|JMC, Jhalawar (Govt. Seats)||10000||As per the medical college website|
|JMC, Jhalawar (Payment Seats)||5.0 Lakh||As per the medical college website|
|RUHS College of Medical Sciences, Jaipur (Govt. Seats)||10000||As per the medical college website|
|RUHS College of Medical Sciences, Jaipur (Payment of Seats)||5.0 Lakh||As per the medical college website|
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Jaipur||9.75 Lakhs||As per the medical college website|
|Geetanjali Medical College & Hospital, Udaipur (Govt. seat)||2000||As per the medical college website|
|Geetanjali Medical College & Hospital, Udaipur (Payment Seats)||16.0 Lakhs||As per the medical college website|
|Jaipur National University Institute for Medical Sciences & Research, Jaipur||15.50 Lakhs||As per the medical college website|
|RUHS College of Dental Sciences, Jaipur||2000||As per the dental college website|
|Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, Jaipur||3.0 Lakhs||As per the dental college website|
|NIMS Dental College, Jaipur||3.0 Lakhs||As per the dental college website|
|Geetanjali Dental & Research Institute, Udaipur||3.0 Lakh||As per the dental college website|
Office of the Chairman,
UG Admission Board NEET 2017 and Principal,
RUHS College of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Jaipur.
This article is based on previous year’s data. The article will be updated as soon as more information on Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2017 is released.