SAAT MBBS Admission 2017 – Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University will hold the counselling to offer admission to SAAT MBBS 2017. It is mandatory for all the candidates to qualify the NEET 2017 in order to be eligible to apply for the SAAT MBBS Admission 2017. It is a deemed to be University formed under section 3 of UGC act of 1956. There are two institutes under the University for medical and dental aspirants namely Institute of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital and Institute of Dental Sciences. There are 150 seats in MBBS course in the medical college and 100 seats in BDS course in the Dental institute. The application form of SAAT MBBS 2017 is expected to be issued in the month of June 2017. Afterwards, merit list and counselling schedule will be released by the institute. For the detailed information like schedule, application procedure, eligibility criteria, reservation of seats, counselling procedure of SAAT MBBS Admission 2017, read the article below.
NEET 2017 Application Form is available in the online mode, the last date to submit the application form is March 31, 2017. Only registered candidates will be allowed to appear for NEET 2017. National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) 2017 will be held on May 7, 2017, in the offline mode.
Salient features of SAAT MBBS Admission 2017
Entrance Examination – The University will not conduct any entrance examination, admission will be offered on the basis of NEET 2017 Score
Admission Committee – Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University
Number of Seats – 150 MBBS + 100 BDS seats
SAAT MBBS 2017 Important Dates
Below are the important dates related to SAAT MBBS Admission
|S. No.||SAAT MBBS 2017 Admission Events||Dates|
|1.||Opening of SAAT MBBS 2017 Registration||June 2017|
|2.||Last date to register for SAAT MBBS Admission 2017||July 2017|
|3.||Announcement of SAAT MBBS 2017 Merit list||July 2017|
|4.||SAAT MBBS 2017 Counselling||July 2017|
SAAT MBBS 2017 Eligibility criteria
Only those candidates who fulfil all the prescribed eligibility conditions can apply for the SAAT MBBS Admission 2017. Below is eligibility criteria of SAAT MBBS Admission 2017
- The candidates must be completing 17 years at the time of admission. The upper age limit is 25 years. For SC/ST candidates, it is 30 years.
- The candidate must have qualified the NEET 2017
- Also, the candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology) and English as mandatory subjects.
- They candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% percentile marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Schedules Tribes and Other Backward Classes must have obtained 40% percentile.
- For PH candidates the qualifying examination marks is 45%.
SAAT MBBS 2017 Application Procedure
The application procedure of SAAT MBBS 2017 will commence in the month of June 2017. Interested candidates will need to fill and submit the application form within the prescribed period. The application form will be available in the online mode. Below are the steps to be followed in order to fill and submit the SAAT MBBS 2017 Application Form
- The link to the SAAT MBBS 2017 Application Form will be uploaded as and when released, candidates need to click on the given link
- The registration form will be displayed on the screen
- The candidates will need to enter the personal, address and qualifying exam details
- In the section of personal details, enter the following details, name, father’s Name, mother’s name, Category, date of birth etc.
- In the section of address details, enter the permanent address, pin code, district, state. Also enter the details of Identity Proof like Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Passport or any other
- Qualifying Exam Details like score in 10 and 10+2, name of the school, name of the board, NEET 2017 Qualifier Details like score and rank
- Also, the candidates will need to upload the following documents in application form: Passport size colour photograph, NEET 2017 Rank Card in PDF format only.
- The candidates are advised to keep copy of the submitted SAAT 2017 Application Form with themselves.
The candidates must note that they can appear in NEET 2017 only 3 times and the previous attempts has been nullified. NEET 2017 will be considered as the first attempt.
SAAT MBBS 2017 Participating Institutes and Seat Matrix
Below is the number of seats in various categories in medical and dental institutes of Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University
|Name of the Institute||Gen||SC||ST||PH||NRI/P||Total number of seats|
|Institute of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital||63||6||13||3||23||150|
|Institute of Dental Sciences||95||19||9||4||15||100|
SAAT MBBS 2017 Merit list
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University will release the merit list of SAAT MBBS 2017. Below are the important points related to the merit list.
- The candidates will be able to access the SAAT MBBS 2017 Merit list from here as and when released.
- SAAT MBBS 2017 Merit list will contain the name, NEET Score, overall rank of the candidate.
- The admission will be offered based on the merit position of the candidate.
SAAT MBBS 2017 Counselling
The University will release the counselling schedule as per which the qualified candidates will need to report at the allocated venue
- The candidates will need to bring all the important certificates as document verification will be done.
- Candidates will select the options of course and college as per the availability of seat.
- Based on the choices exercised and rank of the candidate, the seat will be allotted to the qualified candidates.
- The candidates will need to pay the fee for the MBBS and BDS course.
Below is the list of certificates needed at the time of counselling
- NEET 2017 Admit Card
- NEET 2017 Rank Card
- Certified copy of the mark sheet/grade sheet/transcript of 10+2
- Birth certificate or 10th showing date of birth
- Copy of passport of parents or sponsors, if sponsored by parents/NRI wards
- Proof of NRI status of the student/parent/wards/sponsors (for NRI students only)
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
SAAT MBBS 2017 Fee Structure
Below is the fee structure for MBBS and BDS courses under Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University.
|Type of fee||Amount in Rupees|
|Admission fee for MBBS||Rs. 7,45,000 per semester (9 semester)|
|Admission fee for BDS||Rs. 2,95,000 per semester (8 semester)|
|Institute caution fee (one time refundable)||Rs. 5,000|
|Semester registration fee||Rs. 2,500 per semester|
|Hostel fee (Establishment Cost)||Rs. 39,000 per annum|
|Hostel caution fee (one time and refundable)||Rs. 5,000|
|Student welfare (one time)||Rs. 2,000|
|Mess Charge||Rs. 30,000 approximately per annum|
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University
Near PNB Bank Jagmohan Nagar, Khandagiri,
Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751030
Phone: 0674 235 0635 ext. 2350791
For the latest updates on SAAT MBBS Admission 2017, stay tuned to http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/