Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2017 – The admission into the dental/medical colleges of the Tamil Nadu will be offered on the basis of NEET 2017 score. The registration procedure for the admission is expected to commence in the month of June and thereafter the counselling schedule will be issued. The Selection Committee Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai will conduct the counselling to allocate the seats for the state quota candidates. In the article below, the application procedure, eligibility criteria, reservation of seats, merit list and counselling procedure of the Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2017 is being described.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2017 will be done through NEET, this is why it compulsory for the candidates to appear and qualify the single window entrance examination.
Salient features of Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2017
Entrance Examination – There is no entrance examination as the admission is being provided on the basis of NEET 2017
Counselling Body – Selection Committee Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai
Courses offered – MBBS and BDS
Duration of the course:
MBBS – 4 and a half year + 1 year of the rotational internship
BDS – 4 years + 1 year of the rotational internship
Important dates of Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2017
The candidates must keep track of all the important dates of the admission procedure so that they do not miss any of the important events
|1.||Availability of the Tamil Nadu MBBS 2017 Application form||June, 2017|
|2.||Last date too avail the application form||June, 2017|
|3.||Announcement of the Tamil Nadu MBBS 2017 Merit list||July, 2017|
|4.||Tamil Nadu MBBS 2017 Counselling||July, 2017|
Tamil Nadu MBBS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates will need to fulfill the given set of criteria in order to apply for the Tamil Nadu MBBS 2017
|1.||Nationality||The candidate must be an Indian National citizen|
|2.||Overseas citizen||Overseas citizen of India registered under section 7A of the citizenship Act, 1955 (Central Act 57 of 1955) are also eligible|
|3.||Age||The applicant must have completed the age of 17 years by the time of admission|
|5.||Subjects Covered in 10+2||The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology|
|6.||Minimum marks in HSC||Other communities: The candidate must have secured 60% in Biology and Zoology taken together, 60% in Physics and Chemistry individually, Weightage aggregate of the percentage marks should not be less than the 140 out of 200Backward Class and Backward Class Muslim: The candidate must have secured 60% in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together, 60% marks in Physics and Chemistry individually, The candidate should have at least secured at least 130 out of 200Most backward Classes and denotified Communities: The candidate must have secured 55% individually in Physics and Chemistry Total aggregate should be at least 120 out of 200Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Caste – Arunthathiyar: minimum of 404 in Biology or Botany and zoology taken together, minimum of 40% in Physics and Chemistry individually, total marks should not be less than 80 out of 200.Orthopaedically Physically disabled category: for the category of OC/BC/BCM/MBC/DNC 45% in subjects mentioned above, SC/SCA/ST 40% in the subjects mentioned above|
|7.||NEET 2017||The candidates will have to appear and qualify the NEET 2017, the applicants may also go through the NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria|
|8.||Who is not eligible||
Reservation of the seats
Below is the reservation offered to the different category candidates
|S. No.||Category||Percentage of reservation|
|2.||Backward Class||30 %|
|3.||Most Back ward Class||20 %|
|4.||Scheduled Caste||18 %|
|5.||Scheduled Tribe||1 %|
Tamil Nadu MBBS 2017 Application procedure
The link to the application form of the Tamil Nadu MBBS 2017 will be provided here as and when its announced
- The candidates will need to download the application form, after filling the application form and attach necessary enclosures and 3 self addressed envelopes measuring 24 x 12 cms and sent in a large sized cover measuring 38cm X 28cm super scribed ‘APPLICATION FOR MBBS / BDS COURSE 2016– 2017 SESSION
- The candidates will need to send the application form to the Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai -10
- The demand draft of Rs 500 /-is required to be attached with the application form. The cost of the demand draft should be drawn in favour of the The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10 and payable at Chennai.
- The name of the candidate and course (MBBS/BDS) should be written on the reverse of the demand draft.
- The template with requisite details available for download should be printed and pasted on the cover.
- SC/SCA and ST, who are native of the Tamil Nadu do not have to pay any application fee.
- The candidates will be assigned the AR number by the selection committee, application form can be tracked by entering the the application number or the Plus Two/Equivalent Examination Register number of first appearance with the year.
- The candidates must keep the copy of the application form with them as well
- The applicants will need to fill and submit the NEET 2017 Application form as they have to appear for the NEET 2017
Documents to be enclosed with the application form
photocopies of the listed certificates along with the original application is required to be attached by the candidates.
- H.S.C. Mark sheet (both sides of mark sheet should be photocopied) or any other equivalent examination of the first appearance.
- Transfer certificate obtained after the completion of H.S.C. or equivalent courses.
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
- NEET 2017 Rank card
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- X standard Mark Sheet.
- Certificate for proof of study from VIII standard to XII standard.
- H.S.C Hall Ticket
- First graduate certificate (if applicable). Certificate submitted along with application alone will be considered. If submitted later to the college authorities it will be summarily rejected Special category forms with Demand Drafts and relevant certificates (if applicable).
Tamil Nadu 2017 Merit List
- The merit list of Tamil Nadu will be prepared from NEET 2017 Merit List
- It will reflect the marks secured by the candidates in the chronological order.
- It will be issued category wise
- The All India Quota candidates will be offered seats through NEET PG 2017 Counselling
Tie breaking Procedure
when the marks secured by two or more than two candidates are equal, following measure will be adopted to conclude one rank
- Candidate with higher marks in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together in +2 examination will be considered.
- If the above measure does not break the tie, ranking will be done taking in provision Chemistry marks
- Percentage in Fourth optional subject in +2 examination
- Candidate older in age will e given preference.
- Computerized random number assigned. Higher value of random number will be taken into consideration.
Tamil Nadu MBBS 2017 Counselling
The candidates will be intimated through call letter about the time and venue of the counselling.
- The candidates will be able to download the call letter from the link provided here after its issued.
- The candidates will need to be present at the counselling venue at the specified time.
- In order to download the call letter, the candidates will need to enter AR No and their Date of Birth.
- All the candidates will need to paste their photograph on the call letter. (The photograph must be a copy of the same one pasted on the Application).
- Random number generated by the computer will be assigned to each candidates .
- Counselling for the Special Categories will be done before the General Category.
- Candidates can exercise their option for the course and the college of their own choice at the time of counselling and allotment will be subject to availability of seats.
- Option once exercised during counselling will be final and cannot be changed.
- All the communication will be intimated through the mailing address of the candidate.
- The candidates who did not attend the counselling on due time will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent round of the counselling.
- There will be no reallotments of college allotted for the Special Category.
- 15% All India Quota will be offered seats through NEET 2017 Counselling
Fee for Government Colleges per Annum
|S. No.||Fees For Government Colleges||MBBS||BDS|
|2.||Special fees (incl Medical Exam)||950/-||950/-|
|6.||LIC (Gp Insurance)||300/-||300/-|
The information provided is based on the previous year details, it will be updated as soon as the current year’s brochure will be issued
For more on Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2017, stay tuned to http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/