Telangana MBBS 2017 Merit List – Jawahar Lal Technical University, Hyderabad will release the merit list of Telangana MBBS 2017 in the month of July 2017. There are 7 medical colleges in Telangana offering 950 seats in MBBS Course. Admission to these institutes will be offered based on Telangana MBBS 2017 Merit list. This must be noted that from the year 2016 NEET is the single window medical entrance examination through which admission across all the medical/dental institutes will be offered. To avail the admission in any of the medical colleges of the Telangana, candidates will need to appear and qualify the NEET 2017. The merit list of Telangana MBBS 2017 will be prepared out of NEET 2017 Merit list. Jawahar Lal Technical University, Hyderabad will consider the reservation offered to the different categories at the time of preparing the merit list. For the detailed information on Telangana MBBS 2017 Merit List, read the article below.
Central Board of Secondary Education will announce the NEET 2017 Merit list in the month of June 2017 after which all the state Government/private medical institutes will announce their own merit list.
Highlights of Telangana MBBS 2017 Merit List
The name of the qualified candidates will be listed in the merit List of Telangana MBBS 2017, below are the important points related to the rank list
- The candidates will be able to access the merit list from this page as and when announced.
- In Telangana MBBS merit list, the name of the qualified candidates along with category and percentile secured will be mentioned.
- The rank secured by the candidates will be valid only for one year based on which the candidate will be able to take admission in session 2017- 2018
- For the different categories, the qualifying criteria will vary, all the applicants will need to pass the NEET 2017
- For General category candidates qualifying percentile is 50th
- Candidates belonging to Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe will need to score 40th percentile
- Physically handicapped category candidates will need to secure 45th percentile
- If the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH category are not able to produce the certificate in support of the reservation claimed by them, admission will not be offered to them.
Tie breaking procedure of Telangana MBBS 2017 Merit list
Sometimes marks secured by two or more than two candidates are equal, in such cases tie breaking procedure is adapted. Below are the methods to be adopted to conclude one rank
- Firstly, the total marks secured in NEET 2017 will be considered.
- If the above measure does not break the tie, then the marks secured in Biology will be considered and accordingly rank will be allocated.
- Even if the above criteria does not break the tie, marks secured by the candidates in Physics will be considered and the candidates possessing higher marks will be given preference.
- If after all the above measures, tie remains the Percentage of Aggregate marks secured in the qualifying examination will be considered.
- After applying all the above measures, tie remains, the older candidate will be allocated better rank.
Note: The weightage of marks in the case of candidates belonging to the category of Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders, will be decided by a committee constituted by the competent authority.
For the latest updates on Telangana MBBS 2017, stay tuned to http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/