Top Medical Colleges in Assam 2016

0
282

Top Medical Colleges in Assam 2016Top Medical Colleges in Assam 2016 – The Directorate of Medical Education, Assam is the authority behind the MBBS and BDS admission in the state. MBBS aspirants of Assam and other states can use the information regarding the Top Medical Colleges in Assam 2016 given on this page, to get more information about the colleges in order to pursue their medical education. Currently, the state offers 06 total numbers of medical colleges all across the state. The top medical college in the race is Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati with AAA+ state ranking followed by Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh and Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Silchar with a state ranking AA+ and AA respectively. Read the full article for the complete list of the Top Medical Colleges in Assam 2016.

Top medical Colleges in Assam 2016

All medical candidates in Assam can refer to the top medical colleges in Assam 2016, before applying for the medical process. The total number of seats and fee structure has also been provided with the names of the colleges for the convenience of the candidates.

S.no. Name of the College Public/Private No. of Seats Estimated tuition fee per Annum (In Rs.)
Students from Assam Students out of Assam
1. Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati Public 156 Rs. 5,000/- Rs. 15,000/-
2. Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh Public 170 Rs. 5,000/- Rs. 15,000/-
3. Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Silchar Public 100 Rs. 5,000/- Rs. 15,000/-
4. Jorhat Medical College, Jorhat Public 100 Rs. 5,000/- Rs. 15,000/-
5. Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College and Hospital, Barpeta Public 100 Rs. 5000/- Rs. 15,000/-

 

The above listing is based on the ranking by Careers 360.

Note: The fee doesnot include  the migration fee which is Rs. 4,000/- and the transcript fees Rs. 15,000/- Besides the above listed medical college, aspirants can also apply in one more medical college which is Tezpur Medical College and Hospital, Tezpur, which offers 100 seats to the medical aspirants. All the colleges in Assam are affiliated to Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences.

As per the directives of Supreme Court of India, the allotment of seats will be done on the basis of ranking of candidate in NEET 2017 entrance examination and choices filled by the candidate, as the Assam Medical Entrance Examination has been abolished. It is mandatory for all the medical aspirants to appear and qualify in NEET examination to reserve a seat.

The counselling process will be held by Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences. The state authority will be entitled for counselling of the 85% of the total seats that fall under the purview of state quota while remaining 15% come under the All India Quota under the central jurisdiction through NEET counselling.

There are total of 06 medical colleges in the state of Assam. The state colleges have a monarchy in the state, as all the medical college comes under to Government Ownership.

The NEET entrance examination will be conducted by Central Board Secondary Education (CBSE). The NEET examination is expected to start from the first week of May, 2017. On basis of the NEET rank and preferences and reservation categories the seats will be allotted to the candidates. After the counselling process at the allocated centres and document verification the candidate will be admitted in MBBS course.

SHARE
arunima@entrancecorner.com'
An Undergraduate in Commerce, I went on to pursue Masters in Communication to explore my options in the much more creative field. The writing was always enticing but only after giving a go to Public Relationship, I realized my true calling. Finally, considering it as a serious career option, here I am working as a senior content writer with the Entrancecorner.com, and attempting to be the potential writer which I meant to be.