The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has declared the schedule of NEET PG 2017 online counselling. The counselling session for candidates belonging to 50% All India Quota category, for MD/MS/MDS admission, will begin from March 14, 2017. In it, seats will be allotted to the deserving candidates. The candidates who appeared and qualified in NEET PG 2017 under All India Quota seats are eligible to appear for the counselling session. A candidate must register from March 14, 2017, to March 19, 2017. The NEET PG Counselling process includes – registration and filling of choices, locking of selected choices, rounds of seat allotment, reporting at the allotted institute. Through the NEET PG 2017 Counselling, 50% of the All India Quota admission will be granted to eligible candidates.
The candidates willing to appear for PG medical courses must check the Important schedule of counselling.
|1.||Registration and Filling of choices||March 14, 2017|
|2.||Last date to register||March 19, 2017, till 05:00 pm|
|3.||Exercising and Locking of choices||March 14 to 20, 2017|
|4.||Process of Seat Allotment Round 1||March 21 and 22, 2017|
|5.||Result of Round 1 will be published on||March 23, 2017|
|6.||Reporting to the allotted colleges||March 24 to April 03, 2017, till 05:00 pm|
|7.||Exercising and locking of choices||April 21 to 23, 2017, till 05:00 pm|
|8.||Online Allotment of Seats||April 24 and 25, 2017|
|9.||Round 2 result to be published on||April 26, 2017|
|10.||Reporting at the institute allotted||April 27 to May 9, 2017|
|11.||Transfer of vacant seats to state quota||May 09, 2017, after 05:00 pm|
|12.||Commenecement of MD/MS/MDS session||May 01, 2017|
What is 50% Quota seats?
Out of all the government and medical colleges of India, 50% of the seats are reserved under All India Quota category. This year 31,330 candidates have qualified for NEET PG 2017 Counselling. The candidates from any state can apply under this category. The counselling for such candidates will be done by Medical Council Committee.
Stages of NEET PG 2017 Counselling
The online counselling of NEET PG 2017 comprises of following stages:
- Registration & filling of choices – The candidates must register themselves by logging in through roll number and password. Fill in the required details and select the choices of colleges and courses.
- Locking of selected choices – After filling the choices, the candidates will be required to lock the choices. If the candidates forget to lock the choices before due date, it will be confirmed automatically.
- Process of Seat Allotment – The seats will be allotted to the registered candidates as per their merit rank and availability of seats in a college. The selected candidates will be allowed to download the counselling letter from the website.
- Result of Seat Allotment – After the allotment of seats, result will be published online by the authority in which, the names of candidates who will be allotted seats successfully will be mentioned.
- Reporting of eligible candidates to the colleges – The candidates who will be allotted seats must report to the colleges in which they will be granted admission into. They must carry the requisite documents with them.
The counselling for 50% All India Quota candidates will be done by MCC. However, for remaining 50% state quota candidates, the admission will granted through state counselling. After the two rounds of seat allotment, remaining vacant seats will be transferred to the respective states for admission to PG medical and dental courses.