Best books for CAT Preparation – When it comes to preparation, the most bothering questions from where to begin the preparations and which book must be referred. We guess these and many more such questions must be bothering every CAT 2017 aspirant. The application process of the exam is likely to start in the month of August and the exam will be held in the first week of December 2017. There is no dearth of choices for those who are looking for good books for CAT exam preparation. Now, markets are full of so many books for CAT Preparation that it really gets difficult to zero down to the best of the lot. Well, in this article, we have listed the best books for CAT Preparation along with their price details. Also, list of best fiction/non-fiction books, newspapers, magazines is available below. Read this article further for more information on highly recommended books for the preparation of this highly coveted exam.
Best Books for CAT Preparation
It is natural that books are always the initial choice as preparation material for any examination. There are plenty of books and other preparation resources available for CAT. However, the major problem which the CAT aspirants face is selecting the perfect book for their preparation. But, zeroing down on the right book is really a task. Now, this article can help you finding the best book from hundreds of them available in the market. This article is a survey of the books recommended by the top scorers of IIM-CAT and from other experts having years of experience and knowledge about this exam’s preparation. Pick up any of these best books for CAT Preparation and prepare strategically from it. Practice enough till you get enough of confidence.
|CAT 2017 Schedule||CAT Cutoff||Top B- schools||Previous Year CAT Papers & Solution|
Apart from the books, the students should go for mock tests. They should opt for tests of two different institutes as it would help them practice variety of questions. Also, it must be noted that attempting the mock test is not enough, one need to analyze the same carefully and seriously. This trick can actually help you crack CAT 2017 with a good percentile.
1. NCERT Mathematics books for Class 8, 9 & 10.
2. CBSE books for Class 8, 9, 10.
3. Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques, And Short-cut Methods by Guha Abhijit Rs. 450, 2010 edition
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
2. The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha Publisher: Pearson, Rs. 599, 2012 edition.
2.A Communicative Grammar of English By: Geoffrey Leech Rs. 500, 2003 edition.
3. 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary by Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis Rs. 150, 1991 edit.
To score an ace in CAT is the first step, while the candidates must also prepare hard for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) session, which is the next big step. To prepare for the GD and PI session, the candidate must be aware of the current affairs (national, international and regional) and general knowledge. The candidate must also prepare themselves for the for the PI session. To make sure of this, the candidates must read a good newspaper, a weekly magazine (related to current affairs) and one Business Magazine. The candidates can read different magazines or newspapers, to have different views and to strengthen their knowledge.
|To Check best books for other national MBA exams|
|Best book for IIFT 2017||Recommended books for SNAP 2016||Preparation books for XAT 2017|
Some recommended magazines for GD and PI preparation are as follow –
- Business Line by The Hindu Group
- Business Today by India Today Group
- Business World
- Management Compass Career Launcher
- Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications
- Competition Success Review
- The Hindu
- The Indian Express
- Economics Times
- The Statesman
The candidates can also opt for the reading materials provided by the coaching institutions. Few reading materials of coaching centres that is easily accessible and can be preferred are-
i. IMS or CL
Certain fiction & non-fiction novels can also be counted as best books for CAT Preparation
The candidates can go for the following fiction as well as non-fiction novels, such as,
- The Great Indian Novel
- Guns, Germs, and Steel
- India after Gandhi
- Midnight’s Children
- Argumentative Indian
- The Last Mughal
- Beyond the MBA Hype
- The World is Flat
- Tipping Point
- The Black Swan
- Thinking Fast & Slow
Disclaimer – The above books are written by various experts and coaching Institutes, based on the latest patterns and syllabus. This website is not liable for any discrepancy in the pattern or paper.
- Confused from where to begin your CAT preparation?
- Can an average student crack CAT
- How to prepare for CAT in 3 months
- How to plan your study for CAT
- Download Previous Year Question Papers of CAT
- IIM CAT Preparation Tips & Tricks
- No Coaching No CAT, Not True..!!
- CAT Frequently Asked Questions
- Top B-schools That Accept CAT Score
- CATTopper and their stories of success