CAT Eligibility Criteria 2017 – MBA aspirants must make sure they fulfil all the CAT 2017 eligibility criteria before they start applying for the test. The CAT eligibility criteria will vary with the category of candidates. The CAT application process started from August 09, and candidates with a bachelor’s degree can start applying for the test. The General category candidates must have at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in their graduation while the candidates from the reserved category i.e. SC/ST/PwD are required to have a minimum of 45% marks. Applicants who fail to fulfill any of the CAT eligibility criteria will be disqualified on or before the admission rounds of the participating institutes. The CAT aspirants who are in the final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the test. However, these candidates will be offered provisional admission and they are required to submit the necessary documents within the prescribed time. If candidates don’t have a Bachelor’s degree but completed a professional degree such as CA/CS/ICWA with the required percentage of marks (i.e. Gen: 50% & SC/ST/PwD: 45%) can also apply. IIM Lucknow will be conducting CAT 2017 on November 26. Know more about CAT eligibility criteria 2017 from this article. Also, candidates can apply for CAT 2017 from the article provided above.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2017
IIM Lucknow has released the CAT 2017 eligibility norms along with the exam notification. As mentioned earlier, candidates who are applying for the test must make sure they fulfil all the eligibility criteria of CAT. The candidature will be cancelled if they fail to meet any of the CAT eligibility norms. There is no age limit for CAT 2017.
Eligibility Criteria of CAT 2017 Details
- The applicants must be a graduate or possess an equivalent qualification with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. The candidates who are applying under the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person With Disability (PWD) category must score at least 45% in the qualifying exam.
- The candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply. If the candidates are selected for the counselling rounds, then, a certificate from the Principal or registrar of their respective institutes must be submitted stating that they have completed all the requirements to obtain the Graduation or equivalent qualification.
- If the scores in the qualifying test are in CGPA or grades, then the conversion process will be based on procedure certified by the respective Institute or University from which the candidates belong.
- In case, if any of the Institute/University has no scheme to convert the CGPA to the equivalent marks, then the candidate’s CGPA will be divided by the maximum CGPA and then multiply the result with 100.
- The candidates with professional qualification such as CA/ CS/ ICWA can also apply for the CAT 2017. However, they must have scored the minimum percentages as mentioned above.
- There are chances that the eligibility will be verified by the IIMs at the various stages of the selection round. Therefore, the applicants must declare all the required details and maintain a valid email ID and mobile number throughout the selection process.
Latest CAT Application Form 2017 – Apply here
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Reservation Norms
As per the norms of Government of India, the IIMs follow the reservation norms. However, the candidates applying for CAT 2017 under a reserved category, then such candidates must follow the necessary steps to support their reservation. The table below provides the percentage of reservation of seats in the IIMs –
CAT Reservation Norms 2017
|1.||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|2.||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5|
|3.||Other Backward Class Non-Creamy (OBC NC)||27|
|4.||Person With Disability (PWD)||3|
Note: After successful CAT 2017 registration, candidates won’t be able to make changes in the registration procedure.
Important Points For Reserved Category Candidates
Candidates applying under the ST or SC category must make sure that their caste/tribe is listed in the Government of India schedule. Also, the Caste/Tribe certificate must clearly state the necessary details.
- A copy of the reservation certificate is required to be uploaded while registering for CAT 2017.
- During the time of interview at the IIMs, candidates must make sure that they produce the reservation certificate and submit a copy of the same. Also, at the time of joining an IIM, these candidates must submit the certificate.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2017 – About the equivalent qualification
Some important points about the qualification that is considered equivalent to the Bachelor’s degree are provided in the table below –
Eligibility Criteria of CAT
|1.||The qualification which is recognised by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.|
|2.||B.E. or B.Tech degrees (4 years after 10 + 2, post-B.Sc. or Post Diploma).|
|3.||Examinations equivalent to B.E. or B.Tech degrees i.e. professional societies recognised by the MHRD/UPSC/AICTE.|
|4.||If the qualification degree of the candidates is not among the above mentioned, then candidates must get an equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.|
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Work Experience
As per the eligibility of CAT 2017, it is not mandatory for the candidates to have work experience. Every year, many fresh graduates make it to the IIMs. However, it must be noted that IIMs give some weight-age to work experience while making a final selection. Therefore, the candidates must clearly mention the work experience, if any, in the CAT application form 2017.
The application form of CAT 2017 can be filled online from August 9 to September 20, 2017. First, the candidates must register for the test by entering a valid email ID and mobile number. Only after successful registration, the candidates will be able to access the application form of the test. It is necessary for the candidates to fill in the registration as well as the application form with the correct and necessary details. Any error in the application details may lead to the disqualification of the test. Candidates must make sure that they apply for the test i.e. fill in and successfully submit the application form before the end date.
Stay with https://www.entrancecorner.com/bschool/ or latest updates on CAT Eligibility Criteria
For any doubt or query regarding – Comment below