CAT Mock Test 2017 – With the release of CAT application form on August 9, the race to India’s top management institutes, the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), has started. CAT 2017 is scheduled to be held on November 26. CAT is a highly competitive exam and the candidates who are planning to appear for it must start their preparations early. Practicing CAT mock test 2017 is one of the most effective ways to prepare for the exam. IIM Lucknow, the conducting body of CAT 2017, will release the official CAT mock test 2017 in the month of October. It will be released online. Candidates are advised to take the test in a simulated exam environment. In addition to the official mock test, candidates can also practice other mock tests released by coaching institutes. In this article, candidates can find complete information on CAT mock test 2017 along with the link to access the mock test.
Latest CAT Application Form 2017 – Apply here
How to Attempt CAT Mock Test 2017?
The mock test of CAT 2017 should be attempted under real examination conditions. Ideally, candidates should set an alarm clock and take the exam without any break. Here’s a step by step guide on how to attempt CAT 2017 mock test –
Step 1 – As you click on the CAT Mock Test 2017 Link, you will be redirected to the Log in window. Here, candidates are required to enter their Log in ID and password. The candidates can proceed by clicking on the sign in button.
Step 2 – As you log in, general instructions will be displayed on the screen. These instructions must be adhered to while answering a question, changing your response and navigating through sections. They also provide information on Question Palette. The candidates must read these instructions carefully and click on the ‘Next’ button.
Step 3 – Some more instructions will be displayed on the screen. These instructions are related to the exam pattern and marking scheme. The candidates must note that there will be three sections in CAT exam, and candidates can move to the next section only after the completion of one hour. To proceed further, candidates need to accept the ‘Declaration’ at the bottom of the page. Candidates need to click on ‘I am ready to begin’ button to start the test.
Step 4 – The test will begin. The candidates can start answering the questions. They can select the right answers and click on ‘Save & Next’ button. If the candidates want to revisit a question later, they can click on ‘Mark for Review & Next’ button. Later, they can revisit and answer the question by on the question number in the question palette. Candidates can click on ‘Clear Response’ button to change their answers.
At the end of one hour, candidates need to click on ‘Submit’ button. This button will be activated only after completion of one hour. If candidates don’t click on the Submit button, their answers will be submitted automatically.
What is CAT Mock Test Question Palette?
The question palette shows the status of all the questions through different colours in a particular section. Check the screenshot of question palette given below –
CAT Mock Test 2017 – How to Answer a Question?
You need to follow the steps mentioned below to answer a question –
- For MCQs, click on the bubble placed before the choices
- For Non-MCQs, use on-screen keyboard to type the answer in the space provided on the screen
- Click on ‘Save & Next’ button to move to the next question
- Click on ‘Mark for Review & Next’ to answer the question later
CAT Mock Test 2017 – How to Change your Response?
Follow the steps mentioned below to change your response
- Click on ‘Clear Response’ button to deselect your selected answer
- Click on the bubble of another option and click on ‘Save & Next’ button
CAT Mock Test 2017 – How to Navigate through Sections?
As per CAT mock test 2017 pattern, there will be three sections in the exam. The candidates can move from one section to another only after the completion of one hour (60 minutes). After completion of one hour, the candidates need to click on the ‘Submit’ button displayed below the Question palette.
CAT Mock Test 2017 – Key Instructions
- Total duration of the test is three hours (180 minutes)
- PwD candidates will be allotted 20 minutes extra in each sections
- There will be three sections in the exam – VARC, DILR, QA
- Duration of each section is 60 minutes (80 minutes for PwD candidates)
- Both MCQs and Non-MCQs will be asked in the exam
- On-screen calculator will be provided to candidates (no external calculator allowed)
- Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer, one mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
CAT Mock Test 2017 – Things to Know
- The candidates can use the on-screen calculator for basic calculations and also algebra and trigonometry calculations. The calculator is placed on the right side, just below the on-screen timer.
- The candidates can mark a question for review. Once, the candidates have completed the other questions, they can revisit the marked question and submit their answers.
- While most of the questions will be MCQs, there will also be some non-MCQs in the mock test.
- Each section is of one-hour duration. The candidates can move from one section to another only after completion of one hour. However, within a section, they can answer any question first.
The official CAT mock test 2017 will be released online by IIM, and the candidates must attempt the same for a good understanding of exam pattern. The candidates are advised to visit this page regularly for the latest updates on the mock test of CAT 2017 exam.
Take CAT Mock Test – Click here
CAT Mock Test 2017 – Benefits
Practicing CAT mock test is important for several reasons. Let’s take a look at how mock tests can help the candidates prepare for the exam –
- Time Management Practicing mock tests will make it easier for you to finish CAT 2017 exam on time. It is important to remember that managing time properly is of crucial importance in CAT exam. There are three sections and each section has to be completed in one hour.
- RevisionAttempting CAT 2017 mock test is an excellent way to revise the syllabus and understand the types of questions asked in the exam. It also makes it easier for the candidates to gain a better understanding of the exam pattern.
- Enhance Overall PerformanceWhile attempting the CAT exam, the students must spend the least amount of time on every question. At times, the students need to skip a question if it is taking too much time. The mock tests help the candidates become used to spending less time on every question. This helps in improving
- Identify Weak AreasAttempting CAT mock test 2017 is a great way to identify topics that require attention. All candidates have areas that they need to work on. Practising mock tests make it easier for the candidates to identify and improve their wear areas.