How to Register for XAT 2018 – XLRI (Xavier School of Management), Jamshedpur has opened the XAT 2018 application process on August 16, 2017. Before applying for the test, aspirants have to first register for the exam, which is part of the application process itself. Candidates must know how to register for XAT 2018 to succesfully complete the application process. In this article, we bring you the complete steps to register for XAT 2018. To know how to register for XAT 2018, candidates can go through the instructions provided in this article. To register for XAT, applicants must have a valid email ID and mobile number. The complete XAT application process is divided into five parts – Registration, uploading scanned images of photographs and signature, entering academic, personal and work details, previewing the filled XAT application form and fee payment. The XAT application fee is Rs. 1,650 and for each XLRI programme, candidates are required to pay an additional Rs. 300. The last date to submit the XAT application form is November 30, 2017. Go through this article to know how to register for XAT 2018.
Latest: XAT Registration Form 2018 – Apply here
XAT Registration Dates 2018
The application process for XAT 2018 started from August 16, 2017 and is open until November 30. However, applicants have the option to submit beyond that date with a late fee. Check the list of dates from the table below and complete the XAT registration and application process within the last date.
Important Dates of XAT Registration 2018
|XAT Registration Events||Dates|
|Last date to submit XAT application form||November 30, 2017|
|Candidates can edit the XAT application details until||November 30, 2017|
|Last date to submit XAT application form with late fee||First week of December 2017|
|Candidates can print XAT application form until||December 15, 2017|
|XAT 2018 exam date||January 07, 2018|
Documents required to fill XAT application form 2018
Before knowing how to register for XAT 2018, candidates must first know about the documents that are required for the application. The following are the details and documents that candidates must keep ready before commencing with the steps to register for XAT 2018 –
XAT registration 2018: Documents and details
- Contact details: Candidates must have a valid email ID and mobile number
- Scanned images: Applicants must scan their recent colored photograph and signature
- Qualification: Academic details such as Class 10, 12 and graduation marks
- Work experience: details about the candidate’s professional experience
- Fee payment: Details about Credit/Debit Card for online transaction
How to Register for XAT 2018?
MBA aspirants can register for XAT online. To fill the XAT application form 2018, candidates are required to first register for the test. Only after successful XAT registration, candidates will be able to fill the application form. Check the steps provided below to know how to register for XAT 2018 –
Step 1: Click on the ‘XAT Registration Form 2018′ link provided above
A link has been provided in this article for the convenience of the candidates. On clicking the link, candidates will be directed to the XAT registration form 2018.
Step 2: Enter Name
Here, the candidate is required to enter their first name, middle name and last name. However, only the first name of the candidate is mandatory for the XAT registration process. While entering the name, the candidate must make sure that it must be exactly as the one mentioned in the requisite documents. Else they will be debarred from the XAT selection process.
Step 3: Provide Contact Details
Candidates are required to provide their mobile number and email ID. Candidates can also submit an alternate number either landline or mobile. Applicants must note that the entered mobile number and email address must remain active until the conclusion of the admission rounds of XLRI and other participating Institutes.
Step 4: Enter Security Code
A security code will be provided at the end of the XAT registration page. Candidates are required to enter the exact code and then click on ‘Save & Next’.
After successful registration, a XAT 2018 ID and password will be sent to the mobile number and email address which was provided at the time of registration. On clicking on the ‘Save & Next’ button, candidates will be able to upload their photo and signature to fill the XAT application form.
How to fill XAT Application Form 2018?
After registering for XAT 2018, candidates can follow the steps provided below to fill the application form. After completing each section of the application form of XAT, candidates can click on ‘Save & Next’ button to save their information and move to the next section.
Step 1: XAT Application Form 2018 photograph and signature specification
Candidates are required to upload the scanned images of their recent colored photograph and signature in this section. While scanning the images, candidates must set the resolution of the scanner to minimum 200 dots per inch (dpi) and the color must be set to True Color. The format of scanned images must be JPG or JPEG.
Specification of candidate’s scanned photograph
- The photograph must be colored and the background must be light-coloured (preferably white)
- The preferred dimensions of the photograph must be 200×230 pixels
- The size of the file must be between 20 KB to 50 KB
Specification of candidate’s scanned signature
- Candidates must sign on a white paper with a Black Ink pen
- The preferred dimensions of the signature image must be 140×60 pixels
- The size of the file must be between 10 KB to 20 KB
Step 3: Enter Basic and Qualification/Experience/Language details in the XAT application form 2018
Here, the applicants are required to enter their basic details as well as education and work details. Further, applicants also have to specify the languages which they can read, write and speak fluently.
Candidates are required to enter the following Basic details –
- Select nationality
- Candidates who want to apply for XLRI programmes can select the list of programmes provided
- Select their communal category
- Candidates applying under Persons with Disability (PwD) category are required to fill the details regarding their disability
- Select religion
- Click on the test city as per convenience
- Enter personal details and address for communication
- Select the mode of payment
Applicants are required to enter the following Qualification/Experience/Language details:
- Marks obtained in Class 10, 12 and Bachelor’s
- Other higher qualification details
- Candidates from SC/ST/Religious Minority community can opt for the pre-exam training and select the centre for the same
- Provide the details about their work experience
- Enter the name of languages (up to 3) that applicants can read, write and speak
Step 4: Preview the entered XAT application details
Here, candidates can check the details that they have entered in the XAT 2018 application form. Also, they can make the necessary changes and submit the application form. After submitting the application form, candidates can pay the fee.
Step 5: Payment of XAT application fee 2018
The XAT application fee is Rs. 1,650. Candidates applying for XLRI programmes are required to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300 for each programme. Candidates can also submit the application form after the last date i.e. November 30 with a late fee of Rs. 2000. Also late fee for each XLRI programme is Rs. 500. The XAT application fee can be paid via online as well as offline mode.
To pay the XAT application fee via online mode, candidates can opt for –
- Debit cards (RuPay/Visa/Master Card/Maestro)
- Credit cards
- Internet Banking
- Cash cards/Mobile wallets
On successful transaction, an e-receipt will be generated. In the case of transaction failure, no e-receipts will be generated. Here, applicants are required to log in again to enter their XAT 2018 accounts and repeat the payment process.
Note: Candidates paying the fee online are required to pay additional bank transactional or intimation charges.
To pay the XAT application fee via offline mode, applicants can opt for –
- Cash Mode: First, candidates are required to download and print the Challan form. Then, they can visit the nearest IDBI branch and submit the fee along with the Challan. The bank official will return the candidate’s copy of Challan to the candidate after filling the details. Now candidates are required to log in to their XAT accounts and update the transaction details to complete the XAT application process.
- Demand Draft: To pay the application fee through this process, applicants are required to draw a Demand Draft (DD) in favor of ‘XLRI JAMSHEDPUR’ payable at ‘JAMSHEDPUR’. Within 15 days of the issuance of the Demand Draft, candidates must send the DD and the XAT confirmation page to the following address –
Circuit House Area (East},
Jamshedpur – 831001
How to apply for XLRI programmes?
Candidates who are interested in applying for the various XLRI programmes should follow the steps given below –
- On the ‘Details’ section of the XAT application form, candidates are required to click on ‘Yes’
- Now select the various programmes, which are Human Resource Management-HRM, Business Management-BM, General Management Programme-GMP and Fellow Programme in Management-FPM. Click on the programmes in which they want to apply
- While applying for the FPM programme, applicants are required to select their area of specialisation
- For each XLRI programme, candidates are required to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300 along with the application fee
Highlights about the XAT Registration Form
- The XAT application form is available in online mode only
- The application fee of XAT can be paid via online as well as offline mode
- Applicants must note that the there is no separate registration and application form
- After successfully registering for XAT 2018, candidates can start filling the application form. However, candidates can complete the XAT application form in various sessions and can save their data by clicking on ‘Save & Next’ button
- Except for the basic information entered for registration, candidates can make changes in the entered application details
XAT Eligibility Criteria 2018
Only candidates who have fulfilled all the XAT eligibility criteria can apply for the test. Applicants must be have completed their Bachelor’s from a recognized university to be eligible to apply for the test. Also, candidates who are appearing for the final year of the qualifying exams can also apply for the test. If applicants fail to meet any of the eligibility norms, they will be disqualified on or before the admission rounds.
About XAT 2018
Every year, XLRI conducts the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) for admission to the management programmes of more than 150 business schools. It is considered to be one of the toughest and reputed management entrance test of the nation. This year, XAT will be held on January 07, 2018 in an online mode. The questions in the test is divided into two sections, which are Paper 1 and 2. The XAT Paper 1, the questions is divided into three sections, which are Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning, Decision Making and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation. In Paper 2, there are 2 sections – General Knowledge and Essay Writing. Every question carries equal marks and there is negative marking only for Paper 1. One important point about XAT 2018 is that candidates can leave up to 12 questions unattempted. After the 12th unattempted question, 0.5 marks will be deducted for each question. The XAT 2018 result will be available online. Candidates would be able to check their result by entering their registration number and date of birth.
Keep visiting Entrance Corner for updates & notification regarding the steps to register for XAT 2018
- XAT exam Pattern 2018 – Click here
- XAT Syllabus 2018 – Click here
- XAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 – Click here