HPU MAT 2016 – List of candidates selected for GD/PI for admission against non-subsidized category seats has been released. The candidates can obtain this list and download the call letter from the official website of HPUBS. However, links to access these both are available here below too. The result of HPU MAT 2016 was declared on 7 July 2016. GD/PI will be held from 18 to 30 July and the final result will be declared on 1 August 2016. Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) conducted the exam on 25 June 2016. The score of HPU MAT will be taken into consideration for shortlisting the candidates, who will be further called for GD/Interview round. Keep reading this article for information on HPU MAT 2016 Exam, Result, Selection Procedure, etc.
Latest HPU MAT MBA Result 2017 – Check Here
List of candidates selected for GD/PI (Non-subsidized category) – Check Here
- Exam Name – HP University Management Aptitude Test
- Commonly known as – HPU MAT
- Conducting Body – Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS)
- Level of Exam – State Level
- Exam Category – Post Graduate (MBA entrance exam)
Download call letter for participating in GD/PI from the window below.
Important Dates related to HPU MAT 2016
|Last date to submit the form by hand at HPUBS office||10 June 2016 (Upto 05.00 PM)|
|Application form sent via post must reach HPUBS||13 June 2016|
|Exam to be held on||25 June 2016|
|Result will be declared on||07 July 2016|
|GD/Interview for admission against Subsidized seats will be conducted on||18, 19, 20 and 21 July 2016|
|Final Result of admission against Subsidized seats||22 July 2016|
|GD/Interview for admission against Non-Subsidized seats will be conducted on||25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30 July 2016|
|Final Result of admission against Non-Subsidized seats||01 August 2016|
The candidates before applying for the test must ensure the fulfillment of the below-mentioned eligibility conditions. Failure in not meeting these will lead to disqualification of candidature. The eligibility norms are as follow –
- The candidate must have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the same. The candidates belonging to SC/ST categories should have an aggregate of 45% to be able to be eligible for the examination.
- The final year students are also eligible to participate provided they are successful in securing the minimum prescribed percentage according to their category.
- Except for Non-subsidized, serving or retired defence personnel, the maximum age limit is 26 years for male and 28 years for female candidates (29 years in case of SC/ST candidates both for male and female) as on 1st July 2016.
- The Vice Chancellor has the power to permit the age relaxation for reason to be recorded in writing up to a maximum of three months. This age bar is not applicable in case of Non-subsidized students, defence personnel, State/ Government of India nominees.
HPU MAT 2016 Application Fee
The candidates will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee while applying for the test. This fee can be paid in cash or through DD. The candidates must make the DD in favor of Director, HP University Business School, Summer-Hill, Shimla – 171005. The amount of the fee is as follow –
|Cash Counter||By Post|
|General Category (Subsidized & Non-subsidized)||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1050|
|SC/ST Category (Subsidized & Non-subsidized)||Rs. 500||Rs. 550|
To apply for the test, all the candidates are required to fill an application form. It is available in both, online and offline mode. The candidates can purchase the hard copy of the application form along with the handbook of information from the admission counter of HPUBS. Also, they can download the form from the official website of the University. Such candidates are required to fill the downloaded form and send the same along with the DD of the requisite fee, admit card and two enclosed envelopes bearing stamps of Rs 6/- each or as per the norms of postal services. However, the candidates purchasing the offline form will have to remit the application fee in cash at the admission counter. All the details as required in the form must be filled correctly and completely. The duly filled form must then be sent to HPUBS.
HPU MAT 2016 Exam Centres
The examination for the HPU MAT 2016 will be conducted at various centers in the following cities and hence the outstation candidates will be required to travel to HP to participate in the examination.
The test is held in pen-paper format. A total of 200 multiple choice questions divided into 4 sections will be asked in the exam. Each section will have 50 questions, carrying 1 mark each and there will be no negative marking. The table below clearly states the Exam Pattern of HPU MAT 2016.
|S. No.||Name of Section||No. of Questions|
|4||Arithmetic Comprehension & Data Interpretation||50|
Selection of the Candidates for Admission to HPUBS MBA
HPU MAT is not the sole criteria for admission. There are other factors also which affect the selection of the candidate. These factors are the overall profile of the candidate, score obtained in HPU MAT, group discussion and personal interview. All the four factors which lead to the admission of the candidates have been assigned a weightage which is as follow –
- Application Rating = 30 marks (This means 10% of the percentage secured by the candidates in the matriculation, higher secondary and Graduation)
- HPU MAT = 50 marks
- Group Discussion = 10 marks
- Personal Interview= 10 marks
The final merit list will be converted into a score of 100 and the percentile will be calculated on that basis. There will be separate merit list for both the subsidized category candidates and the other non-subsidized candidates.