IIT Delhi MBA Admission 2018 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi offers full-time and executive MBA programmes. As IIT Delhi is counted among the prestigious educational institutes in India, it attracts a large number of MBA aspirants. IIT Delhi shortlists candidates for admissions in MBA, MBA (Telecom) and executive MBA programme on the basis of CAT result. IIT Delhi MBA admission 2018 will be conducted on the basis of CAT 2017 exam. The candidates who are seeking admission in IIT Delhi’s MBA programme must appear for CAT 2017, which is scheduled to be held on November 26. This year, CAT exam will be conducted by IIM Lucknow. On the basis of CAT result, IIT Delhi will shortlist the candidates for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Here, it is important to note that the IIMs play no role in the selection process of IIT Delhi MBA programme. After the conclusion of GD and PI, a final list of the selected candidates will be released. In this article, the candidates can find complete information on IIT Delhi MBA admission 2018.
Important Dates of IIT Delhi MBA Admission 2018
As mentioned above, the first step for IIT MBA aspirants is to appear for CAT 2017. On the basis of CAT scores, the candidates will be able to apply for MBA programmes of IIT Delhi. The table given below provides a tentative schedule of IIT Delhi MBA admission 2018 –
|IIT Delhi MBA Important Dates 2018|
|1||CAT 2017 exam||November 26, 2017|
|2||CAT 2017 result||Second week of January 2017|
|3||Application form for IIT Delhi MBA admission to be released on||Next day of CAT 2016 result announcement|
|4||Last date to send the printed copy of the application form along with DD||Last week of January 2017|
|5||GD & PI to be held in||First/ Second week of April 2017|
|6||Result of admission to be declared in||First week of May 2017|
|7||Classes for 2017-19 session to begin from||Last week of July 2017|
IIT Delhi MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria 2017
The candidates must note that there are differences in the IIT Delhi MBA eligibility criteria and CAT eligibility criteria. Therefore, it is important for the MBA aspirants to check the eligibility criteria of IIT MBA programme carefully before applying for it. The IIT Delhi MBA eligibility criteria are as follows –
- The candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification of a minimum of three years duration after completing class 12 or equivalent.
- The candidates must have a 6.75 CGPA on a 10 point scale or a minimum of 60% in aggregate of all the years/semesters or equivalent in the qualifying degree exam. However, 55% marks in aggregate and 6.25 CGPA on 10 point scale is required for SC/ST candidates.
- For PH candidates, the relaxation in criteria will be as per the Institute rules.
- The candidates still pursuing the final year of their graduation or are waiting for the result declaration can also apply. If these candidates are selected, they will be granted provisional admission only if they will submit a certificate in this regard within the given date.
Admission Process of IIT Delhi MBA Programme
The selection procedure for IIT Delhi MBA programme starts after the declaration of CAT result in the second week of January 2018. Here is everything you need to know about IIT Delhi MBA selection procedure –
- The MBA aspirants who wish to apply for IIT Delhi MBA programme must appear for CAT 2017. IIT Delhi doesn’t accept scores of any other management entrance test.
- After the announcement of CAT result, the online submission of IIT Delhi MBA application form begins.
- The candidates must fill and submit the online IIT MBA application form before the last date of submission. They can also submit the printed copy of application form along with the demand draft.
- IIT Delhi will release the list of the shortlisted candidates for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
- After the completion of GD and PI round, the final result will be announced by IIT Delhi. The candidates whose names feature in the final list will be offered admission in MBA programmes offered by IIT Delhi.
IIT Delhi MBA Admission 2018 – GD and PI Rounds
In GD, few groups will be formed and each of the group will be given a topic to have a debate on. Each of the candidates will be judged on the basis of certain parameters in this rounds such as level of participation, the way of keeping their viewpoint, the way of interacting with the team, spirit of teamwork etc. Every candidate will be given points and will further be called for PI. Here a panel will have a face-to-face interaction with the candidate. Again in this round, scores will be awarded to the candidate. Based on the total of both the rounds, the final selection of the candidate will be done.
How to Apply for IIT Delhi MBA Admission 2018 – 20?
The first step is to click the link to the application form for IIT Delhi MBA admission, which will be made available here.
- The candidates must fill the required details correctly.
- Before submitting the application form, the candidates must preview the form and make sure that there are no errors.
- Accept the declaration statement and submit the IIT Delhi MBA application form.
- Take a print out of the IIT MBA application form and paste a recent photograph on the same.
- Sign your application form.
- Send the application form to IIT Delhi along with the Demand Draft (DD).
It is important for the candidates to ensure that the print out of IIT Delhi MBA application form reaches the IIT Delhi office before the last date of submission.