IIT Madras MBA Admission - The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras has released the list of shortlisted candidates for admission into its MBA Programme 2016. The list is available online on the official website of Department of Management Studies (DOMS), IIT Madras. To access the list, the candidates are required to enter their Email ID and Password. Candidates can also access the list of shortlisted candidates by clicking on the link provided in the article. Read the article for more details on the shortlist and IIT Madras MBA Admission 2016.
IIT Madras MBA Admission 2016: Important Dates
|CAT 2015 Result
||2nd Week of January
|Application Procedures commences from
||Day after announcement of CAT 2015 Result
|Last Date for Application Procedure
||29 January 2016
|Release of Shortlisted candidates list for GT/PI
||05 February 2016
|Date for GT/PI
||18 February - 10 April 2016
|Date for final result
||02 May 2016
|Classes Commences from
||11 July 2016
Steps to check the list of Shortlisted Candidates
To check the shortlisted candidate's list, follow the steps -
- Click on the link provided in the article.
- Enter your Email ID.
- Enter Password.
- Click on "Login".
Eligibility Criteria: IIT Madras MBA Admission 2016
- The candidate willing to apply for IIT Madras MBA Admission 2016 must have obtained the Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University (or professional qualifications equivalent to that of a university degree as recognized by the UGC) with first class or 60% and above in their qualifying examination.
- Students appearing in the final year of their Graduate Course shall also be eligible to apply. Admission to such students will be offered on the provisional basis on the pre- condition that they will have to meet all requirements for the qualifying degree before the start of the program and produce provisional certificate of completion of the qualifying examination within two months of joining the program.
- All applicants should hold a valid CAT Score Card.
Categories Exempted from CAT Score for IIT Madras MBA Admission 2016
- All such IIT Graduates who secured a CGPA of 8 and above (on the scale of 10) are exempted from the condition of holding a valid CAT score.
- Foreign / NRI applicants are exempted from holding CAT Score but must hold valid GMAT score. All such candidates are required to send the hard copy of their application along with a certificate issued from the Indian Embassy on their residential status.
- Sponsored Applicants: All those candidates who have been sponsored by their organization for joining the MBA Programs can present valid scores in XAT or MAT if case they do not hold CAT scores provided they must have worked in the sponsoring organization for a minimum period of two years. Such candidates will also have to forward the hard copy of their application through their sponsoring organization in addition to online submission of application for IIT Madras MBA Admission 2016.
- Defense personnel are also exempted from the condition of a valid score in (CAT/ XAT/MAT). They must forward the hard copy of the application through an official channel in addition to online submission of the application form.
Application Procedure & Fee applicable for IIT Madras MBA Admission 2016
The applications will be accepted via online mode only. The link for filling up the online application form will be hosted on this page. Applicants must ensure that they enter all the details correctly.
Applicants will also be required make payment of the application fee as per the amount applicable to them. Check details below -
- For Indian Applicants: Fee for General and OBC candidates - Rs. 1600/- and Rs. 800/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates. The Fee has to be paid only through Internet Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card
- For Foreign and NRI Applicants: Amount of fee to be paid is US $100. The amount can be remitted by way of demand draft or bankers cheque drawn in favor of "The Registrar, IIT Madras" and payable at Chennai. Draft from any bank is acceptable
Selection Procedure: IIT Madras MBA Admission 2016
The applicants shall be selected for the IIT Madras MBA Admission on the basis of their performance in the Group Task and Interview. While, of course, CAT / XAT / MAT scores would also be taken into consideration for the final selection of the students for admissions.
Stay tuned to this space for latest updates and information regarding the IIT Madras MBA Admission 2016..!!
IIM Admissions Criteria 2016