MICAT 2018 – MICA Admission Test (MICAT) 2018 is a computer based entrance exam conducted for admissions to Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGDM-C) programme offered by MICA, Ahmedabad. MICAT 2018 is conducted twice a year. While MICAT-I is held in the month of December, MICAT-II is held in the month of February. The candidates who wish to apply for MICAT 2018 will have to take at least one of the three main management entrance exams in India – CAT/ XAT/ GMAT. On the basis of MICAT result, the candidates are shortlisted for the next round of selection that comprises Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI). The application process for MICAT 2018 is likely to start in the last week of September 2017. MICAT is divided into 3 parts and carries objective as well as descriptive questions. Last year, the exam was conducted in 27 cities across India. In this article, the candidates can find complete information on MICAT 2018 including MICAT exam pattern, syllabus, important dates, application form etc.
MICAT 2018 – A Quick Overview
- Exam Name – MICA Admission Test (MICAT)
- Conducted by – MICA, Ahmedabad
- Purpose of Test – Qualifying test for admissions to two-year PGDM-C programme
- Mode of Test – Computer Based
- Application Process Starts – Last week of September 2017
- Exam Date – MICAT I – December 2017; MICAT II – Februrary 2018
The candidates who are planning to appear for MICAT 2018 exam must keep a track of all important dates. As mentioned above, MICAT is conducted twice a year. The table given below provides a tentative schedule of both MICAT I and MICAT II 2018 exams.
|MICAT I||Application Process Starts||Last week of September 2017|
|Application Process Ends||Last week of November 2017|
|MICAT I Exam||Second week of December 2017|
|Announcement of Result||Third week of December 2017|
|MICAT II||Application Process Starts||First week of January 2018|
|Application Process Ends||Last week of January 2018|
|MICAT II Exam||Second week of February 2018|
|Announcement of Result||Third week of February 2018|
|GE & PI Round||Second/ Third week of March 2018|
|Announcement of Final Result||Fourth week of March 2018|
Before filling the application form of MICAT 2018, the candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria, which is as follows –
- The applicant must be a graduate.
- Final year graduation students are eligible to apply, provided they fufill the necessary conditions.
- The applicant must have appeared for any one of the three management entrance exams – CAT, XAT or GMAT.
MICAT MBA exam is conducted twice in a year. The candidates can appear for one or both the exams. The registration for first MICAT 2018 exam is likely to start in the last week of September and will continue till the last week of November 2017. For MICAT II, the application process will start in the first week of January and will end in the last week of January. The candidates who have appeared for CAT/ XAT/ GMAT and wish to appear for MICAT 2018 must fill the application form accurately and submit it online before the last date. Here are some of the things that must be kept in mind while filling the MICAT 2018 application form –
- The applications must be filled online. However, the candidates can pay the application fee (Rs. 1965/- for all categories) for MICAT 2018 online or offline.
- A recent coloured passport sized photo must be uploaded while filling the application form
- The candidates need to enter their score in any one of the three management entrance exams – CAT/ XAT/ GMAT
MICAT exam is conducted in computer mode. It will be held at multiple exam centres across India. It is important for the candidates to understand the exam pattern of MICAT 2018. MICAT MBA exam is divided into three parts –
- Part 1 – Part 1 comprises descriptive questions. The total time allotted in this section is 35 minutes.
- Part 2 – This is psychometric test. It comprises 35-40 questions and the total time allotted is 25 minutes.
- Part 3 – This part is divided into four sections – Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, General Awareness and Divergent-Convergent Reasoning. The total number of questions in this section is 100-105 and the total time allotted is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
It must be noted that the above-mentioned MICAT test pattern is based on last year’s MICAT pattern. The number of questions and exam duration may vary this year.
In MICAT 2018 exam, the questions are asked from a wide range of topics. Verbal Ability questions are based on word combination, sentence correction, idioms, analogies, synonyms, antonyms etc. In Quantitative Ability section, some of the main topics from which the questions are asked include arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics etc. In General Awareness, the questions are based on advertising, marketing, politics, geography, current affairs, sports etc. For the detailed list of topics, the candidates can check the syllabus article by clicking the sub-head above.
MICA will release the admit card of MICAT I 2018 exam online. The candidates must download and print the admit card. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the MICAT 2018 admit card to the examination centre along with a photo identity proof. The admit card will be released in the first week of December 2017. The candidates will be able to download it using their MICAT ID and password. The admit card will be issued only to those candidates who successfully submit the application form of MICAT 2018 online.
MICAT is a national level entrance exam held in several cities across the country. Last year, it was conducted in 27 cities. Check the table given below for the complete list of MICAT 2018 exam centres –
It must be noted that the above-mentioned table is based on the last year exam centres. This year, depending on the number of applicants, more cities may be added to the list.
The selection procedure of MICAT 2018 can be divided into three parts –
- First, the candidates must appear for CAT/ XAT/ GMAT exam. Only the candidates who have appeared for one of these exams are eligible for MICAT.
- The second stage comprises MICAT 2018 exam. To appear for this exam, the candidates must fill and submit the application form within the specified dates.
- In the third stage, Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) will be conducted. For GE and PI, the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of MICAT 2018 scores.
After the completion of the above-mentioned steps, the final result will be declared and the successful candidates will be allotted seats in the Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGDM-C) offered by MICA.
The result of MICAT I and MICAT II will be released online. MICAT 2018 result for Paper I and Paper II is likely to be released in the third week of December 2017 and third week of February 2018 respectively. In case of candidates who appear both for MICAT I and MICAT II, the better of the two scores will be considered. On the basis of MICAT 2018 result, the candidates will be shortlisted for the next rounds of selection that comprise Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI). The result will be announced online in the form of scorecards. The candidates can download the scorecard by entering their credentials. The final result will be announced after the completion of GE/ PI.
After the announcement of result, the cutoff will be released by MICA. The cutoff is the minimum marks that the candidates must obtain to be eligible for the next rounds of admission. There are several factors that are taken into consideration while preparing MICAT 2018 cutoff. The candidates who meet the cutoff criteria will be eligible to be shortlisted for GE and PI.