SNAP Preparation Tips 2017 – Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) 2017 will be conducted on December 17 in online mode. Candidates who are seeking admission to MBA programmes offered by SIU-affiliated institutes must take the SNAP 2017 exam. Learning the SNAP preparation tips 2017 is one of the first steps when it comes to preparing for this prestigious management entrance exam. The preparation tips of SNAP 2017 can help the candidates formulate the right preparation strategy that will help them crack the SNAP 2017 test. SNAP 2017 is divided into four sections and the exam duration is 2 hours. While preparing for SNAP exam, candidates must focus on each of the four sections. The candidates must also gain familiarity with the exam pattern and syllabus. In this article, the candidates can find useful SNAP preparation tips 2017 that will help them improve their chances of cracking the SNAP 2017 exam.
SNAP Preparation Tips 2017 – General English Section
This section of SNAP exam is considered comparatively easier than other sections. The questions are based on synonyms, antonyms, jumbled paragraphs, one word substitution, sentence correction etc. Also, there is strong focus on vocabulary-based questions. So, enhancing the vocabulary should be an important part of SNAP 2017 preparations. Here are some useful preparation tips for SNAP 2017 (English Section) –
- Improve your vocabulary by learning new words every day.
- Read the editorial section of the newspapers and magazines. Also read novels and other books.
- Memorize idioms and idiomatic expressions.
- Develop a strong foundation in English grammar.
- Enhance your reading comprehension skills.
SNAP Preparation Tips 2017 – Quantitative Section
In this section, the questions are based on basic mathematical concepts. While the questions on topics like average, percentages, interest and profit & loss are easier, the questions on some of the other topics can be tricky. These include probability, algebra, permutations & combinations, mensuration etc. In SNAP test, this section is not tough. However, there is a wide range of topics that must be covered by the students. Here are some useful SNAP 2017 preparation tips (Quantitative Section) –
- Cover the basic concepts of all the topics
- Practice is the key here. Practice as many mock tests and sample papers as you can.
- Learn the shortcuts. However, start learning the shortcuts only when you are clear with all the basic concepts. Otherwise, they can prove to be a distraction.
SNAP Preparation Tips 2017 – Current Affairs
As compared to several other management entrance exams, there is greater focus on the current affairs section in SNAP 2017 test. Unfortunately, this is also one of the sections that many candidates overlook. It is important for the candidates to prepare for current affairs section properly as it can make or break their chances of securing a seat in the MBA programme offered by one of the SIU institutes. Here are some SNAP 2017 preparation tips for current affairs section –
- This may sound like a cliche, but reading newspapers daily can prove to be very helpful.
- Visit online news websites or use news apps to get latest news updates.
- Take quizzes. This will help you improve your knowledge.
- Write short notes of the important domestic and international events. This will make it easier for you to revise and memorize things.
- Read general knowledge books and magazines such as Manorama and Pratiyogita Darpan.
SNAP Preparation Tips 2017 – Analytical & Logical Reasoning
In this section, the candidates are required to interpret shapes, numbers and patterns. For many students, this is one of the toughest sections. However, with the right preparation strategy and practice, the candidates can easily ace this section. Here are some useful preparation tips for SNAP 2017 exam (Logical section) –
- Gain an understanding of the types of questions asked in this section. Most of the questions are based on line charts, column graphs, matrix arrangements, visual reasoning and syllogisms.
- Become familiar with diagramming. Practicing diagrammatic IQ tests can prove to be of great help.
- Focus on one aspect of the problem at a time. In a question, too much data can be confusing. It’s better to look at one rule at a time.
SNAP Preparation Tips 2017 – Other Important Tips
Apart from the above-mentioned section wise tips, here are some other useful preparation tips for SNAP 2017 –
Manage your Time well
It goes without saying that it’s important for the candidates to manage their time well. In the test, the time allotted is two hours and the number of questions is 150. Thus, the candidates get less than a minute to answer a question. It is important not to get stuck on one question.
Clarity on Basic concepts
Right from the fundamental mathematical concepts to the basic grammar rules, the candidates need to clear the basics first. A good conceptual knowledge is required before moving to the advanced questions.
Understand the Exam Pattern
Understanding the exam pattern is of great importance. This will go a long way when it comes to helping the candidates distribute time for each section. Read SNAP Exam Pattern 2017
Take Mock Tests
Practicing mock tests is an important part of SNAP preparations. After completing the mock test, the candidates should not just check their scores but also analyse their performance. This will make it easier for them to overcome their weaknesses and build their strengths.
It is important to maintain good physical and mental health during the preparation phase. As the exam approaches, many students end up neglecting their diet and sleep. This must be avoided. Exercising regularly, taking good diet and proper rest are some of the ways to maintain good health.
Remembering the above-mentioned SNAP 2017 preparation tips will prove to be helpful for the candidates who are planning to appear for SNAP test this year.