UPSEE MBA 2017 – The counselling schedule for Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) MBA is available now. According to the schedule, UPSEE MBA 2017 counselling rounds will commence from June 19. The UPSEE 2017 result was released on May 29, and it announced the names and ranks of candidates shortlisted for the counselling rounds. These candidates can start registering for the UPSEE 2017 MBA counselling rounds from June 19. To register for the counselling, a link will be provided on this page for the convenience of candidates. The details about the registration fee amount are yet to be announced, however, it is expected to be around Rs. 20,000 only (SC/ST: Rs. 12,000/-). After registration, students can start filling their choices and start locking according to their preference from June 20 to 25, 2017. A total of 5 counselling rounds will be conducted. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow conducted the UPSEE MBA entrance exam 2017 on April 23, 2017. For more details on UPSEE MBA 2017, counselling dates, procedures, etc. from this page.
Latest: UPSEE MBA 2017 Counselling Dates – Check Here
Important Notice for UPSEE 2017 Candidates – Check Here
UPSEE MBA 2017 Result announced
UPSEE MBA 2017 Cutoff
Check CAT 2017 Exam (Notification date, registration, eligibility, exam pattern etc.)
As mentioned above, the schedule for UPSEE MBA counselling has been announced. Check the counselling schedule of UPSEE 2017 to avoid missing deadlines.
|S.No.||UPSEE MBA Counselling Events (Round 1)||Dates|
|1.||Registration, Payment & Uploading Documents||June 19 – 24, 2017|
|2.||Verification of documents||June 20 – 25, 2017|
|3.||Filling of Choices||June 20 – 26, 2017|
|4.||Locking of seats||June 20 – 26, 2017|
|5.||Seats will be allotted||June 29, 2017|
|6.||Exercising of Freezing/Float/Withdrawing options||June 29 – July 02, 2017|
|S.No||UPSEE MBA Events||Dates|
|1||Online Registration commenced on||18 January 2017|
|2||Last date to submit the online application form||20 March 2017 (Date Extended)|
|3||Partial Corrections can be made in the submitted application form from|
27 to 29 March 2017
|4||Downloading of Admit Card||11 April 2017 till the date of the examination|
|5||Date of UPSEE MBA 2017||23 April 2017|
|6||Result announced on||May 29, 2017|
|7||Counselling to commence in||Last week of June 2017|
UPSEE MBA 2017 – What’s New?
- It is mandatory to fill the Aadhaar Number in the application form.
- 2 new cities added this year, making the total number of cities where the exam will be held to be 17.
The amount of application fee has been increased for all the categories. Last year, the fee for General/OBC/Transgender candidates was Rs. 1000 and now it is Rs. 1200. The fee for SC/ST candidates was Rs. 500 but this year, it is Rs. 600.
Other National MBA Entrance Exams
AKTU has announced the result of UPSEE MBA 2017 on May 29. It has been made available online for the candidates to check.
- Based on the performance of the candidates in UPSEE MBA 2017, separate merit lists will be prepared for each course.
- As per the norms of the UP State Govt, the UPSEE MBA 2017 cutoff percentage of marks is 25% (20% for SC/ST). According to this, the candidates are required to obtain a minimum of 150-160 marks in the test in order to qualify in the same.
On the basis of rank secured in UPSEE MBA 2017, the candidates will be called to attend the counselling process. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University is expected to conduct the UPSEE MBA 2017 counselling in the last week of June 2017.
- The counselling process involves various stages like registration, document verification, choice filling and seat allotment etc. Last year, total 5 rounds were held.
- The registration fee for participating in the counselling will be required to be paid online through Credit card/ Debit card/ Net banking. The amount of the counselling registration fee is as follow –
|General/ OBC||Rs. 20,000|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 12,000|
The answer key is made available as a pdf file and it lists the answers to the questions which are asked in the exam. By referring to these answer keys, the candidates are able to match their attempted answers and also estimate their score. This makes it easier for the candidates to find out their chances of securing a seat in a management college of their choice.
The admit card to appear for UPSEE MBA 2017 was released on April 11. Only the duly registered candidates were able to view and download the admit card.
- The UPSEE MBA admit card was made available in online mode only for downloading. The candidates were able to view and download the admit card till the date of the examination.
- The admit card was not sent to any of the candidates via post or email.
- No candidate was allowed to take the exam, if they failed to produce a valid admit card on the date of the exam.
- The details such as Name of the candidate, complete address of the candidate, details of exam centre allotted, category, roll number, signature & photograph etc. were mentioned on the admit card.
The candidates should keep the admit card safe until the admission process concludes.
UPSEE for MBA (Paper 9) is a computer-based test. A total of 100 objective type questions were asked from 4 sections. The paper was marked out of 400 marks.
- Duration of the exam was 2 hours (9.00 to 11.00 AM).
- No negative marking was applicable.
- Each question carried 4 marks. Marking more than one answers for any question was deemed as incorrect answer and no marks were awarded for such question.
The candidates can refer to the table below for having more clarity about the test pattern of UPSEE MBA 2017.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|English language||25 (1 marks each)||100|
|Numerical Aptitude||25 (1 marks each)||100|
|Thinking and Decision Making||25 (1 marks each)||100|
|General Awareness||25 (1 marks each)||100|
The paper had 4 sections and this test basically aimed to assess the basic aptitude of the candidates. The syllabus for the 4 sections was as follow –
- For English Language section, the questions were asked from Grammar, vocabulary, uncommon words, sentence completion, synonyms etc.
- For Numerical Aptitude section, the questions were asked from Numerical calculation, arithmetic, simple algebra, geometry and trigonometry etc.
- Questions from Creative thinking, unfamiliar relationships, verbal reasoning etc for Thinking and Decision Making section.
- For the General Awareness section, questions were based on current affairs and other issues related to trade, industry, economy, sports, culture and science.
For admission to first year of MBA in any institution affiliated to UPTU, every candidate is required to meet the below-listed eligibility criteria.
- There is no age limit to appear for UPSEE MBA 2017.
- He/she must have passed Bachelor’s degree, having duration of three years with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate. The degree should be from from any recognised Indian University; or its equivalent, recognized by A.I.U securing.
- Along with the Bachelor degree, the eligibility conditions individually laid down by various institutes should also be fulfilled.
The candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in the current year can also apply. However, they must ensure that they satisfy the remaining eligibility criteria and their qualifying exam result should be announced till the date of document verification round.
The candidates interested in applying for UPSEE MBA 2017 are required to fill and submit an online application form. The last date to register for the exam was extended till March 20 from 15, 2017.
- The application form cannot be obtained in offline mode.
- The application correction window will allow the candidates to make corrections in limited fields only. Therefore, it is important that all details being filled in the form should be valid and must be filled carefully.
- In the application form, the candidates are required to fill their personal, course & exam city options, educational, courses applied for, communication details.
- The candidates will have to fill 3 choices of the exam city in the form in the order of preference. Also, they will have to choose a password and enter security pin.
- The candidates will have to upload the scanned images of their signature, photograph and left hand thumb impression. These images should be uploaded in the prescribed format and size only.
- To complete the application process, an application fee will be required to be paid.
- On submission of the application form, print the confirmation page. No need of sending this copy via post to AKTU but keep it safe for future use.
UPSEE MBA 2017 Application Fee
The candidates had to pay a non-refundable application fee in order to complete the application process. This fee can be paid in online mode only using Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking. The amount of the fee is as follow –
|Category||Amount of Fee|
|Male/Transgender, General & OBC candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|Female/SC/ST/Physically Handicapped candidates of all categories||Rs. 600/-|
Click on the caption-head here to know the UPSEE MBA 2017 Application Process in detail.
UPSEE MBA 2017 Contact Address
Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh
IET Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow – 226 021 (U.P)
Phone: 0522 – 2732193, Fax: 0522 – 2732185
Official Website: http://aktu.nic.in/
Toll-Free Number: 1800-180-0161