Gujarat PGCET Exam Calendar

Nov. 17, 2017
Gujarat Post Graduate Common Entrance Test

Gujarat PGCET 2017Gujarat PGCET 2017 Admission Committee for Professional Courses, Gujarat, (ACPC) will conduct Gujarat PGCET 2017 in the month of July 2017. The examination will be held for those candidates, who did not appear for GATE but seek admission in M.Tech/M.E courses. Candidates with who did appear but were not able to qualify GATE may also apply. However, in the counselling of Gujarat PGCET 2017, both GATE and Non-GATE candidates will be allocated seats. Under GPGCET, the seats will be first allocated to the GATE qualifiers. The PGCET qualifiers will be considered for allocation of the remaining seats. Candidates may check Gujarat PGCET 2017 dates, application process, eligibility criteria, selection process and more details from the article below.


Gujarat PGCET 2017 Specialisations

The entrance examination of Gujarat PGCET 2017 will be held for the following specialisations:

S.No. Group Specialisations
1. I Networking, Communication and Web Technology (NW)
2. Biomedical Engineering (BM)
3. Metallurgy (MT)
4. II Electronics and Communication (EC)
5. Environmental Engineering (EN)
6. III Computer Engineering and Information Technology (CO)
7. IV Civil Engineering (CE)
8. Mechatronics Engineering (MC)
9. Textile Engineering (ME)
10. V Mechanical Engineering (ME)
11. Instrumentation and Controls (IC)
12. Chemical Engineering (CH)
13. VI Electrical Engineering (EE)
14. Pharmacy (PY)

Gujarat PGCET 2017 Important Dates

The candidates can check the tentative dates for the events of Gujarat PGCET 2017 from the table below:

S.No. Events Important Dates of Gujarat PGCET 2017
1. PIN will be distributed from 1st week of July 2017
2. Online registration will begin from 1st week of July 2017
3. Last date to submit the application form 2nd week of July 2017
4. Gujarat PGCET 2017 will be held on 3rd week of July 2017
5. Provisional merit list will be released on 4th week of July 2017
6. Announcement of final merit list will be on 4th week of July 2017
7. Counselling will start from 4th week of August 2017


Gujarat PGCET 2017 Selection Procedure

The candidates will be granted admission on the basis of GATE Score or GPGCET score. For the admission, the merit list will be prepared. On the basis of merit secured by the candidates, the seat will be allocated. 95% seats will be filled with the candidates from Gujarat, whereas, to fill the remaining 5% seats, the candidates from other states will be considered.

Gujarat PGCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria

The GATE and PGCET qualifiers will have to fulfil the eligibility criteria of Gujarat PGCET 2017. The ineligible candidates will not be granted admission, irrespective of their performance in the examination. The candidates can check the eligibility requirement from the article below:

  • The candidates must have qualified B.Tech/B.E, with minimum 50% marks, from a recognized institute. However, the same criterion for the candidates belonging to candidates belonging to SC/ST/SEBC category is 45%.
  • Apart from this, the candidate should have also passed class 12th from an institute in Gujarat state.
  • Candidates, apply through GATE, should possess a valid GATE Scorecard.

Gujarat PGCET 2017 Application Form

To access the Application Form of Gujarat PGCET 2017, the candidates will first have to pay the application fee. The fee amount is Rs. 1000. Candidates will have to remit it at any branch of PNB. In return for fee payment, Gujarat PGCET 2017 PIN will be allocated.

With the help of the provided PIN, candidates will be able to login and access the application form. In the form, candidates have to enter personal, educational and contact details. Candidates applying through GATE will also be required to enter the details of GATE. Once the form is submitted, candidates will have to download the filled in application form and take to the Help Centre. Along with the form, the candidates will also have to carry the required document.

Gujarat PGCET 2017 Admit Card

The admit card of Gujarat PGCET 2017 will be issued for those candidates who will submit the application form in the prescribed format. It will be provided by the Help Centre, along with the Registration Acknowledgement page. The candidates will have to carry the Gujarat PGCET 2017 Hall Ticket at the exam centre and with it, will also have to carry one Photo identity proof.

Gujarat PGCET 2017 Exam Pattern

The Non-GATE candidates, who will take the Gujarat PGET 2017 may check the Exam Pattern of Gujarat PGCET 2017 from below:

  • Candidates will have 90 minutes to attempt all the questions in the examination.
  • The question paper will only be provided in the English language.
  • There will be a total of 100 questions in the examination.
  • All the questions will be of Multiple Choice Type (MCQs).
  • Total marks of the exam will be 100.
  • For each correct answer, 1 mark will be allocated and no negative marking will be done for choosing the incorrect answer option.

Gujarat PGCET 2017 Syllabus

The syllabus for each specialisation will vary. Yet, almost 80% of the questions in the examination will cover the syllabus of respective discipline and the remaining 20% will be basic engineering Mathematics.

Gujarat PGCET 2017 Result

The result of Gujarat PGCET 2017 will be announced as merit list. It will be released separately for the GATE and Non-GATE candidates. It will also be published individually for each discipline and category. The candidates will be able to check the allocated merit online, through the login.

Gujarat PGCET 2017 Counselling

The counselling of Gujarat PGCET 2017 will also be held separately for the GATE and the Non-GATE candidates. In all, two rounds of seat allotment will be held. First, the allotment of the GATE qualifiers will be done. The remaining seats will be allocated to the PGCET qualifiers. However, before the actual counselling, the mock counselling will also be held.

Allocation of the seat will be done on the basis of merit of the candidate and the choices stated by them. To accept the seat, a candidate will have to download the e-challan and remit Rs. 10000 as admission fee at any branch of PNB Bank.

Gujarat PGCET 2017 Contact Details
Address: Admission Building, Nr. Library,
L. D. College of Engg. Campus,
Ahmedabad 380015, India

Important Dates 20 December, 2016 . asharma

Gujarat PGCET 2017 Important Dates – The candidates planning to appear for Gujarat PGCET 2017 may check important dates for all the events from here. Any prepone or shifting back of the dates will also be available here. Candidates can easily track the events of Gujarat PGCET 2017 from here and need not waste their time and efforts in searching it. Though an entrance examination will be held for Gujarat M.Tech... Read more