Central Board of Secondary Education has released the Joint Entrance Examination 2015 Application Form for all those candidates who want to pursue engineering undergraduate courses (Bachelor of Technology and Bachelor of Engineering) for the session 2015-16 from the best institutes of the country. Abbreviated as JEE Main 2015 Application Form, it would enable candidates to register themselves for the entrance examination. The form must be filled with correct and complete details else it would be rejected in the screening process. Before proceeding to fill the application, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and meet all its terms. The process of filing the application is easy however to resolve the issues of some candidates, we have presented this article before you which will act as a definite guide to fill the application form and register for JEE Main 2015, country’s largest engineering entrance examination.
JEE Main Knockout Crash Course
A personalised course designed to clear JEE Main in 20 days.
Few important points regarding Application Form
- First of all, read the official brochure to understand all the steps involved in the online registration.
- Process of application form has to be completed online as there would be no offline or physical forms available.
- Before filling the application, you must read eligibility criteria and make sure you meet all the terms.
- You must be ready with all the details before proceeding to fill the form.
- Make sure you are ready with credit/debit cards for payment, if you choose electronic payment.
- It is necessary to keep the images for uploading ready. They must be in desired format and size.
JEE Main 2015 Application Form – Documents Needed
Be ready with the following documents which are to be uploaded/filled in the application form. They must be in prescribed format and size as mentioned in the brochure.
1. Marksheet of class X to fill the details of birthdate.
2. Credit/debit card to make the payment.
- Get a passport sized color photograph clicked.
- Name and date of photo must be mentioned on the photograph.
- You must avoid wearing sunglasses, caps or hats in the photo.
- Alternatively, black and white photo is allowed too, but it must maintain correct contrast.
- Scan the photo using a scanner.
- Dimensions of the photo must be – 3.5cmx4.5cm.
- Crop the image to standard dimensions using MS Paint or GIMP.
- Save the image in JPEG format.
- Size of the file must be more than 4 KB and less than 40 KB.
- Take a blank sheet of paper and make a rectangular box of size 3.5cmx1.5cm.
- Make your signature inside the box using black or blue ball pen.
- Scan the sheet using a scanner.
- Crop the box using any image editing tool.
- Save the file in JPEG format.
- Size of the file must be more than 1 KB and less than 30 KB.
5. Thumb impression
- Make a rectangular box on a sheet of white paper of size 3.5cmx1.5cm.
- Place your left hand thumb impression (boy) or right hand thumb impression (girl).
- Scan the paper using a scanner.
- Save the file in JPEG format.
- Size of the file should be between 1 KB and 30 KB.
Step 1 - Procedure of filling the Application Form of JEE Main 2015
- Go to the official website of CBSE or JEE 2015.
- Click the link titled as “Apply online for JEE Main 2015”.
- Three broad steps to apply would be mentioned on the next page, these are – application form, upload images and fee payment.
- Click on the link which mentions “Apply for JEE (Main) 2015”.
- Read all the necessary instructions and details mentioned on the page.
- Mark tick against the declaration mentioned at the last of the instructions.
- Click on “Proceed to apply online”.
- You can start filling the application form now.
JEE Main 2015 Online Form – Details to be filled
- Applying for – JEE Main Paper 1 or 2 or both.
- Mode of examination – offline or online.
- Choices of exam centers – choose any 4 exam centers of your choice and arrange them in order of preference.
- Question paper medium – English or Hindi
- Candidate’s Name – similar name as mentioned in class XII marksheet
- Father’s Name – similar name as mentioned in class XII marksheet. Don’t use any prefix or title before the name.
- Mother’s Name – similar name as mentioned in class XII marksheet. Don’t use any prefix or title before the name.
- State of eligibility – state from which you have passed class XII examination.
- Person with Disability (PwD) status
- Date of Birth – similar to that mentioned in class X marksheet
- If girl, single child of the parents?
- Nationality – Foreign, OCI, PIO candidates are not eligible for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFIs through JEE Main 2015
- Place of Residence
- Aadhaar Number (UIDAI)
- Year of passing class X
- School board of passing class XII
- Name of the school of passing class XII
- Place of schooling of class XII
- Name of the qualifying examination passed or appearing
- Year of the qualifying examination passed or appearing
- Type of Institution of class XII or qualifying examination
- Percentile of marks in class XII – will be left blank intentionally if passing year is selected as 2015
- Roll number of class XII - will be left blank intentionally if passing year is selected as 2015
- Appeared or appearing in class XII improvement exam in 4/5 subjects - will be left blank intentionally if passing year is selected as 2015
- Roll number of class XII improvement exam- will be left blank intentionally if passing year is selected as 2015
- Mode of preparation
Mailing Address Details
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Landline number with STD code or any other contact number
Fill details of qualification, occupation and annual income of parents/guardian.
You must ensure that you check all the fields as you fill them up. Check that details filled in the form matches the documents. Review the form after filling all the details and make necessary amendments. You would be redirected to the review page after completing the details. If you are satisfied, click on final submit. Else, make edits, wherever required. After final submit, you shall be provided these three details, which you must keep safe and secure.
- JEE Main 2015 Application Form number
- Security question and answer
Step 2 - Procedure of uploading images
- Click the link that says “upload scanned images”.
- You will get three buttons to upload the images, one each for thumb impression, signature and photograph.
- Upload the images from your computer system.
- Click preview to have an outlook on the final images.
- If satisfied, check the box in tick-mark and proceed.
- Click the button titled as “final upload”.
Step 3 - Payment Procedure
- Pay the application fees as per your paper selection, gender, exam center.
- This calculation will be shown to you on the screen in the result of final fee.
- Click the link which mentions “pay the examination fee”.
- You can edit the application form and make necessary changes before making the payment.
- After making the corrections, click the blue button titled as “go for payment”.
- Select the mode of payment as debit/credit card OR e-challan.
Payment by card (credit or debit)
- Enter details of card, password and make payment.
- Extra charges if you pay through credit card – 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Extra charges if you pay through debit card – 0.75% + taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% + taxes for examination fee more than Rs.2000.
Payment by e-challan
- Choose between Syndicate Bank e-Challan and Canara Bank e-Challan and ICICI Bank e-Challan.
- Download the e-challan and print it via printer.
- Submit the challan to the nearest bank branch of the respective bank.
- Make the payment and collect the receipt.
Hence, you have completed the application submission process of JEE Main 2015. After making payment, you can download your acknowledgment page. Take its printout and keep it safe for further use.
JEE Main Application Form - Form Correction
- You can correct your application form till the final payment is not made.
- Once the payment is done, you will not be allowed to make any changes or particulars.
- CBSE will allow candidates to make necessary corrections (after payment of fees) for a fixed period whose schedule will be issued in sometime.
- You are however advised to fill every particular with utmost care to avoid hassles of corrections later on.
- Application form status can be seen later on with the help of entering application number.