National Institute of Technology (NIT), Srinagar has invited applications for enrollment to its M.Phil/ Ph.D Research Programmes in the field of Engineering, Science & Humanities and Social Science in various disciplines for spring session 2015. For details read the complete article and send the filled application form till 12 December 2014.
BITSAT Knockout Crash Course
A personalised course designed to clear BITSAT in 30 days.
NIT Srinagar Admission 2014 Important Dates
- Last Date for Receipt of Application: 12 December 2014 (Friday)
- Display of Eligible candidate’s List: 24 December 2014
- Date of Written Test: 03 March 2014
- Interview Date: 05 March 2014 at NIT, Srinagar
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy & Materials Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
NIT Srinagar Admission 2014 Eligibility Criteria
1. For Ph. D in Engineering Discipline
For General Category Candidates
Candidates who possesses a Master’s Degree in relevant field of Engineering with at least 6.5 CGPA (6.0 CGPA for SC/ST/ OBC Category candidates) or not less than 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/OBC Category Candidates) or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the Institute.
Candidates attaining a Master’s degree in Applied Geology/Earth Sciences or an allied area with a minimum of 65 percent marks/6.5 CPI after a Ist division bachelor’s degree, and possessing a valid Gate score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area are also eligible for reserving seats.
2. For Ph.D in Non-Engineering Discipline
Candidates who possesses a Master’s Degree in relevant field of Science with at least 6.5 CGPA (6.0 CGPA for SC/ST/ OBC Category candidates) or not less than 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/OBC Category Candidates) or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the Institute.
NIT Srinagar Admission 2014 Application Process
- Application fee of Rs. 400/- (SC/ST candidates Rs: 200/-) should paid in form of Demand Draft drawn in favor of Director, NIT Srinagar.
- Download the Application forms from official website or through below provided link.
- Completely filled application in provided format along with the application fee must reach to the respective Head, Department of the concerned National Institute of Technology, Srinagar on or before 12 December 2014.
- Applications will be shortlisted by respective Departments and list of eligible candidates will be published on the official website latest by 24 December 2014.
- Further communication will be made through the website hence keep visiting it.
Documents Required for Admission
- No Objection Certificate & Sponsorship Certificate from the employer.
- Proof of 02 years regular services
- Deputation order from employer for 06 months from start of enrolment for completing course work for part time candidates.