College life really makes the biggest difference in shaping the future of a person. A good college would always score better in terms of academics, extra-curricular’s, facilities, peer student quality, placements, policies and other aspects. The peer learni ng in good colleges is one of the greatest assets.
However, students who are not lucky enough to get admission into such premier colleges, should not loose heart.
Many times due to sheer luck, one gets selected and other is not. Such students instead of feeling demotivated, should remain focused and serious towards their goals. They can fill in the gaps of a not so good college by proactively doi
ng necessary things.
Some of the guidelines for such Students are as follows:
1. Use external guidance or facility, if it’s not available in your college. For example, a student can take help of online resources, coachings from external institutes, good professorss from other colleges, and leverage a friend who is studying in a better college.
2. Talking to alumni and seniors time to time always helps. Alumni and seniors can always guide what are the best ways to get the maximum output from the college.
3. Aim for higher studies - Students can try to cover up their graduation in an ordinary college by doing a post graduation in a reputed college.
4. Do projects with industry - Students can do good projects with industry to fill the gap in their college curriculum.
5. Take part in competitions, seminars and online classes etc at good colleges
There have been numerous examples where deserving students have not got admission in a good college but have succeeded in their careers by sheer hard work and dogged determination. So guys, cheer up, even if you land in a college that is not of your choice. Life really does not end here. It’s not a destination, but only a part of the journey.
Manipal Institute of Technology LOCATION Manipal is a small student city located in the Udupi district of Karnataka. With a population of over 17000 students as compared to 3000 localities, Manipal is truly a International student town, as it proudly claims to be. Manipal is... Read more
Soheib Class of 2009 Indian Institute of Management | Kozhikode | Kerala | India - 673570 “Placements?! It’s just a two day affair in my college bhaiya, a total of nearly 500 undergraduates from all the discipline get recruited in 5 to 6 IT companies”, my brother who is... Read more
It’s a question which pops up often - given a choice between a ‘good’ college and a ‘bad’ course, and vice versa, what should you take? Unfortunately there is no clear-cut solution to this issue. This decision is important because it’s not just about the next 4-5 years of your life, but what... Read more
Register with us to get these all information in you mail box. The universe is already cluttered with a number of rankings and opinions about how the colleges fare against each other. However there are a few things which these rankings often miss which can be vital for a... Read more
The role of Petroleum Engineers in exploration & production (E&P;) sectors is concerned with functional disciplines such as drilling, production, pipeline transportation, corporate & strategic planning, R&D;, reservoir management, and enhanced & improved oil recovery activities.Career... Read more