College life really makes the biggest difference in shaping the future of a person. A good college would always score better in terms of academics, extra-curricular’s, facilities, peer student quality, placements, policies and other aspects. The peer learni ng in good colleges is one of the greatest assets.
However, students who are not lucky enough to get admission into such premier colleges, should not loose heart.
Many times due to sheer luck, one gets selected and other is not. Such students instead of feeling demotivated, should remain focused and serious towards their goals. They can fill in the gaps of a not so good college by proactively doi
ng necessary things.
Some of the guidelines for such Students are as follows:
1. Use external guidance or facility, if it’s not available in your college. For example, a student can take help of online resources, coachings from external institutes, good professorss from other colleges, and leverage a friend who is studying in a better college.
2. Talking to alumni and seniors time to time always helps. Alumni and seniors can always guide what are the best ways to get the maximum output from the college.
3. Aim for higher studies - Students can try to cover up their graduation in an ordinary college by doing a post graduation in a reputed college.
4. Do projects with industry - Students can do good projects with industry to fill the gap in their college curriculum.
5. Take part in competitions, seminars and online classes etc at good colleges
There have been numerous examples where deserving students have not got admission in a good college but have succeeded in their careers by sheer hard work and dogged determination. So guys, cheer up, even if you land in a college that is not of your choice. Life really does not end here. It’s not a destination, but only a part of the journey.