CSIR UGC NET 2017: The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has conducted the Joint CSIR UGC NET exam on June 18, 2017 in offline mode. The exam was held in two sessions – Morning and Afternoon across 27 exam cities spread throughout the country. The morning session of the exam was held from 9.00 AM to 12.00 PM on Life Science and Physical Science. While, the exam on Chemical Science, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Science and Mathematical Science exam was conducted in afternoon session from 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM. Candidates who have appeared in the exam can check the CSIR UGC NET answer key and exam analysis released by coaching institutes on this page. The result of CSIR UGC NET will be declared in September/October 2017. Candidates based on their marks and cutoff score will be selected for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor. Candidates can check below for CSIR UGC NET 2017 Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Selection Procedure, Admit Card, Result and Cutoff.
|CSIR UGC NET June 2017 exam|
|Name of the Exam||Joint CSIR UGC NET|
|Conducted by||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)|
|Applicability||For Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship|
|Type of Paper||Single Paper MCQ based Test|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
Timings of the CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam
|Morning Session||9.00 AM – 12.00 Noon||3 hrs|
|Afternoon Session||2.00 PM – 5.00 PM|
A small description of CSIR UGC NET 2017 exam
- CSIR UGC NET Exam is conducted twice in a year, June and December.
- CSIR UGC NET exam is conducted for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science and Technology.
- A candidate may apply either for JRF or for Lectureship (LS) only.
- The Test is held for 5 subjects, Chemical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physical Sciences.
- The CSIR UGC NET exam is a single paper MCQ based test.
- CSIR will publish two separate lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF-NET) and the second of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET) will be made on the basis of their performance in the test.
- The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
- It is the discretion of CSIR to consider candidates for ‘JRF’ or“Lectureship only” depending on the number of fellowships available & performance of the candidates in the NET subject to their fulfilling eligibility conditions.
Subjects under CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences.
Nationality: Candidates applying for CSIR UGC NET June 2017 must be an Indian Nationale.
Age Limit: The upper age limit prescribed for JRF should be 28 years. However, relaxation will be provided to the candidates belonging to different categories. Whereas, there is no upper age limit for Lectureship.
- Candidates who have completed the four-year BS program or hold a BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/Integrated BS-MS/MBBS/BSc (Hons)/M.Sc. or Equivalent degree/B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree or students enrolled in the Integrated MS-PhD program with a minimum of at least 55% marks for General & OBC-NCL candidates (50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually handicapped candidates) are eligible to apply for CSIR UGC NET.
- Candidates who have enrolled for M.Sc. or have just completed 10+2+3 years of any of the above qualifying examinations will also be considered eligible to appear for the exam under the Result Awaited (RA) category. In order to avail the fellowship, however, such candidates will have to complete the qualifying degree with the requisite percentage of marks within the given validity period of two years.
- Candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree, whether in Engineering, Science or any other discipline will be eligible to avail the CSIR fellowship only after he/she has got himself/herself enrolled for Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. program within the given validity of two years.
|1||Release of notification||February 4, 2017|
|2||Starting Date for online submission of applications and fee deposit through challan||February 8, 2017|
|3||Date of closure of Fee Deposit (All Stations)||March 7, 2017|
|3.||Closing Date for submission of on-line applications (At all stations)||March 15, 2017|
|4.||Last Date of Receipt of Duly Completed Hard Copy of Online Application Forms to the exam unit||March 21, 2017|
|5||Last date for receipt of Duly Completed Hard Copy of Online Application Forms to the exam unit (remote areas)||March 28, 2017|
|6||Last date for receipt of written request for change of exam centre only on merit basis||April 20, 2017|
|7||Tentative date of publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR||May 16, 2017|
|8||Last date for accepting of representation about non-registration for this test||May 23, 2017|
|5.||Date for issue of Admit Card||June 11, 2017|
|6.||Date scheduled for CSIR UGC NET Exam||June 18, 2017|
The CSIR UGC NET Application Form 2017 had been made available from February 8, 2017. Candidates who want to pursue their career as researcher or Lecturer are required to apply online for the exam. The last date for submission of CSIR UGC NET Application Form was extended till March 24, 2017. Payment of application fees could be done from February 8 to March 23, 2017. Candidates, after successfully submitting application online are required to take printout of the Application Form, paste his/her recent black and white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach caste certificate, if applicable and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope super scribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to The Deputy Secretary (Exam), Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012. The last date of receipt of a duly completed hard copy of the online application to the exam unit is March 31, 2017. However, candidates from remote areas can send the hard copy of the application form until April 7, 2017. Candidates are required to submit only one application form.
Candidates applying for CSIR UGC NET 2017 will have to deposit the examination fee at any branch of the Indian Bank all over the country. The applicable amount of fee charged is as follows:
- For General category candidates – Rs.1000/-
- For OBC-NCL category candidates – Rs. 500/-
- For SC/ST/ Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH ) candidates – Rs.250/-
CSIR UGC NET Exam Cities 2017
CSIR UGC NET 2017 will be held at 27 centers spread all over India. CSIR has published the list of exam cities along with the notification. The exam will be conducted in Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jorhat, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, and Varanasi. Candidates will have to opt from the above-mentioned exam centers while filling up the application form. The Last date for receipt of written request for change of examination centre only on the merit basis is April 20, 2017.
Candidates who will successfully register for the CSIR UGC NET 2017 exam has been issued e-admit card on June 11, 2017. Candidates to download the CSIR UGC NET Admit Card 2017 should log in using their application form no and date of birth. No hard copy of the admit card will be sent to candidates by post. No candidate will be admitted to the test unless he/she holds the e-admission Certificate to the Test. Candidates e-admission certificate particulars/photo and signature should tally with the actual candidate who is to appear in the exam, otherwise, he/she shall not be allowed to appear in the exam.The candidates declared successful will be required to submit a copy of their e-Admit Card, matriculation certificate as a proof of age, required degree certificate/mark sheet, proof of enrollment in integrated MS-Ph D. program to Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex.
The National Eligibility Test conducted by CSIR will be held in total five subjects – Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Physical Sciences and Chemical Sciences. The test will consist of a single MCQ paper of 200 marks. The exam will be held in two shifts – Morning (9.00AM-12.00 Noon) and Evening session ( 9.00AM-12.00 Noon ). There will be negative marks for wrong answers as per the subject wise scheme of the exam. In case, any question found to be wrong at a later stage then the benefit of marks will be given to only those candidates who attempt the question. The Syllabus of CSIR UGC NET includes topics what the candidates have studied in their M.Sc program.
The sample papers are the best resources for practice and revision. The CSIR UGC NET Sample Papers 2017 will help the candidates know the pattern of questions, level of difficulty, trend of the question papers etc. The candidates should solve the Sample Papers regularly after completion of their Syllabus to score well in the exam.
The CSIR UGC NET Answer Key 2017 for all subjects – Chemical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physical Sciences will be made available in July 2017. Using the answer key of CSIR UGC NET will help the candidates to calculate their probable score of the exam based on the correct and incorrect responses. Candidates having any discrepancies or doubt with regard to the answers in the Answer Key of CSIR UGC NET released officially can submit their representations. The CSIR’s decision on the representations/observations shall be final and the result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys.
The result of CSIR UGC NET 2017 will be declared in September or October, 2017. Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF – NET) and the second, of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET), will be made on the basis of their performance in the single paper MCQ test. Ranks are allotted first to all successful candidates qualifying for Junior Research Fellowship as per the merit list of JRF and then the candidates are distributed between CSIR and UGC in the ratio of number of fellowships shared between these two for each subject except Bachelor’s degree holder’s who are allocated to CSIR. Certificates are issued to the eligible candidates only after verifying their eligibility criteria in respect of their qualification and age according to the notification, caste certificate etc.
CSIR UGC NET Cutoff 2017 is the minimum cut-off percentage for the award of fellowship/lectureship in different disciplines in the Joint CSIR UGC NET 2017 exam. The Council will fix category-wise cutoff score for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship separately. There will be no separate cut-off for Part A, B & C of the scheme of examination. The cumulative marks of all parts will be taken for drawing the merit list.
The Selection Procedure of CSIR UGC NET exam includes a single paper MCQ test. Candidates are awarded Junior Research Fellowship or Lectureship on the basis of their performance in the above mentioned test. Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), will also be eligible for Lectureship (NET) subjected to fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down by UGC. The candidates qualifying for Lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as Lecturers as well as for JRF-ship in a Scheme/Project, if otherwise suitable. However, they will not be eligible for Regular JRF-NET Fellowship. Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF (NET) will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC as per their assignment. The candidates declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under UGC scheme and Lectureship will be governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
Contact Details: Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, PUSA, New Delhi-110012.
Stay in touch with this space for more latest updates and information with respect to CSIR UGC NET December 2017.
Latest posts by Anangsha Patra (see all)
- SSC SI Admit Card 2017 released, exam to begin from July 1 - June 22, 2017
- IES Admit Card 2018 - June 22, 2017
- SSC SI 2017 - June 22, 2017