SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2016: Delhi Police has revised the schedule of Physical Endurance and Measurement Test (PEMT) of constable recruitment in the force. As per the notification released on March 15, the PEMT of SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment will be conducted on April 3, 5, 6 nd 7, 2017. The PEMT dates have been revised following some administrative reasons. Delhi Police has earlier issued admit cards for the candidates of Delhi and Haryana Region, candidates from other regions will have to wait for notification from SSC. SSC and Delhi Police have together announced 4669 vacancies for the post of constable under SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2016.
The PEMT will be conducted region wise for all the candidates and those who qualify will have to appear for a computer based written exam, to be conducted by SSC. Following the re-schedulement of PEMT, the written exam is expected to be conducted tentatively in August 2017 and SSC will issue a notification soon in this regard. The written exam will test candidate’s knowledge on topics like reasoning, general knowledge, current affairs and numeric ability. Read on to get all the important details of SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2016.
- Post: Delhi Police Constable –Temporary (Male/Female)
- Job Type: Temporary
- Exam Conducted by: Staff Selection Commission for the Delhi Police
- Number of Vacancies: 4669
- Pay Scale: Rs.5200-20200/- + Grade Pay Rs.2000/
Latest: SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment Admit Card – Download Here
SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2016 – Salient Features
- Candidates will have to appear a Physical Endurance and Measurement Test (PE&MT) before they can appear for the computer examination.
- The PE&MT will be scheduled and conducted by Delhi Police at various regional centres all over the country.
- The Call letters for the Physical Endurance and Measurement will be issued by Delhi Police
- The Staff Selection Commission will issue the call letters for the Computer Based Exam.
- Only candidates who qualify the PE&MT will be allowed to sit for the computer based written examination.
- The call letters for the physical test and the computer exam will be issued separately
- The result for the final recruitment will be declared after the descriptive medical test.
Vacancy Details of the SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2016
|S.No||Name of the Post||No. of Vacancies|
|1.||Constable (exe) Male||1557||847||473||238||3115|
|2.||Constable (exe) female||815||443||250||46||1554|
Important Dates for the SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2016
|Release of Official Notification||September 10, 2016|
|Commencement of Application Process||September 10, 2016|
|Last Date of Application Process||October 21, 2016|
|Physical Endurance and Measurement Test||April 3, 5, 6 and 7, 2017|
|Written Examination||August, 2017 (Tentatively)|
SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment Admit Card
Delhi Police has issued the admit card for PEMT for all the candidates who are participating in the recruitment process. The candidates will have to download the admit card online and carry it along with them to the exam centre on the day of PEMT. Candidates who do not posses their admit card will not be allowed to appear for the examination. The link to download the admit card has been provided on this page. Candidates can use the given link to download their call letter and take a print out of the same.
What to carry for the PE & MT ?
- Male Candidates must possess and carry a valid Driving License for LMV (Motor Cycle/Car) as on the date of PE&MT. Learning Driving License is not acceptable.
- All relevant documents/certificates in original pertaining to age, education, caste, hill Areas, NOC/Discharge Certificate (in case of Ex- Servicemen), Ward’s Certificate issued to wards (son/daughter) of Delhi Police personnel and valid Driving License (Motor Cycle/Car)
Eligibility Criteria for the SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2016
Candidates can check the criteria required before applying and ensure they are eligible for the recruitment
|1||Educational Qualification||Candidates must have passed 10+2 from any recognised Board/University).|
|2||Age Limit as on July 1, 2016||
Age Relaxation Guidelines for the Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2016: Candidates who belong to different categories can check the relevant age relaxation offered as per their category code. Read the table below for all the details of age relaxation for candidates of various categories.
|Code No.||Category||Age Relaxation Permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|4.||Ex Serviceman (Unreserved/ General)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|5.||Ex-Serviceman (OBC)||06 years (3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date|
|6.||Ex-Service man (SC)||08 years (3 years + 5 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|7.||Ex-Serviceman(ST)||Upto 30 years of age.|
|8.||Departmental Male/ Female Candidates for open vacancies in Delhi Police only Departmental Candidates (Unreserved) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date||Upto 33 years of age.|
|9.||Departmental Candidates (OBC) who have rendered not less than 3years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Upto 35 years of age|
|10.||Departmental Candidates (SC) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date||Upto 35 years of age|
|11.||Departmental Candidates (ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Upto 35 years of age|
|12.||Sportsmen and women (un-reserved)||Upto 5 years|
|13.||Sportsmen and women (OBC),||Upto 5 years|
|14.||Sportsmen and women ( SC)||Up to 10 (5+5) years|
|15.||Sportsmen and women ( ST)||Up to 10 (5+5) years|
|16.||Sons/daughters of serving, deceased, retired police personnel/Multi-Tasking Staff (Formerly group ‘D’ employees) of Delhi Police||Up to 25 years of age|
|17.||Widow/divorced women/ judicially separated women||Up to 30 years of age|
Criteria for Physical Standards:
|Category of Candidates||Height(In Cm)||Chest(in Cm)|
|Male Candidates (General/OBC)||170||81||85|
|All Candidates Scheduled Castes||170||81||85|
|All Candidates Scheduled Tribes||165||76||80|
|Residents of hill areas i.e. garhwalis, kumaonis, gorkhas, dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to Sikkim, Nagaland, and Arunachal||165||76||80|
How to Apply for the SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2016?
Step 1: Registration:
- Candidates will have to register themselves before filling the application form.
- They should note the registration number and password secure after registration
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
- Candidates will have to enter Registration Number, password, and verification code to access the application form.
- Fill in Personal details, academic and contact details
- Upload the Scanned copy of your signature
- Check all the details once before finally submitting the application form.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fees
- Application fees is Rs.100/-.
- Note: Women candidates, SC/ST candidates and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation need not pay the application fees. They are exempted.
- Payment Mode: SBI challan/net Banking or through credit Card/debit Card
Step 4: Submission of Application Form
- Submit the application form after checking the details.
- Take a print out and keep it safe for any future reference
- There is no need to send the application form printout to the authorities.
SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the Computer Based Test is given below
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|General Knowledge /Current Affairs||50||50|
Selection Procedure of SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment
There will be four stages of Selection. The candidates who qualify for the the first stage will move to the second stage of the recruitment process and so on. The candidates who qualify for all the four stages will be selected for final recruitment. The Four Stages of Selection procedure for Delhi Police Constable Recruitment is as given below.
- Physical Endurance and Measurement Test (PE&MT)
- Computer Based Exam
- Descriptive medical examination (DME)
- Review of Medical Examination and Police Verification
After Selection: All candidates who are declared qualified by the commission will be required to produce all relevant certificates such as mark sheets for requisite qualification as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification at the time of filling of application form, failing which the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled by the Delhi Police.
Note: Official Notification of Delhi Police Constable Recruitment: Check Here
Important Notice of Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2016