IES Preparation Tips 2017: IES is a well sought after career. Every year lakhs of engineering graduates compete in the IES exam for few hundreds seats. So to get selected for these limited seats, the biggest question is that How to Prepare for IES exam 2017? So Solve this query here on this page we have provided some IES preparation tips 2017 which will help the candidates to crack the exam easily. With just few days left for IES 2017 exam, aspirants by now must be through with the syllabus, concepts clear and no topics are left to cover. Candidates should keep in mind that IES is a tough exam, therefore, preparation for the exam should be 100 percent. Try to identify the weak areas and make a study plan accordingly. The problem of forgetting the formulas should be sorted out as earliest as possible. Candidates should chalk out a revision plan for each and every subject. At the last minute, do not touch any new topic rather revision the topics learnt so far. For Preliminary Examination i.e the objective paper, candidates will require proper time management and practice of objective type questions. Candidates should solve previous year sample papers regularly to secure good marks. Aspirants should put all their efforts to perform well in the exam. Scroll down to read IES preparation tips 2017 in details.
Latest: IES 2017 Mains Admit card Released: Download Here
Tips to use for the UPSC IES Preparation Tips 2017
- General Knowledge Paper
This paper will be versed with the candidate’s know how about the current affair in the country and the world. Along with it, the paper also will have questions from the science and technology, general English along with usage of Grammar and Comprehension as well as the comprehension and passage completion. The ways through which the candidates can prepare for this paper are as follows:
- The candidates must acquaint themselves with the knowledge of the surrounding by reading newspaper as well as the year books.
- To prepare for the General English section, the candidates need to practice from the good books or try to inculcate the habit of solving a Test paper daily.
- Try to make mock General Knowledge test series. There are also some General Knowledge books for IES.
- Tech Paper (C.E., M.E., EEE, ECE)
This is the paper in which the candidates have done their Bachelor in Technology. The candidates must well be aware of the previous year question paper in their B.Tech Paper. Some of the tips to clear this examination are as follows:
- The candidates must aware themselves of the IES syllabus for the B.Tech paper to make their chances more crystal clear.
- They should cover all the topics in their respective B.Tech Paper.
- Try to make mock tests.
General Tips for IES Preparation
- Try to make mind to take the test and start the IES preparation pretty early. This will help them start their preparation with much time in hand by knowing well the syllabus. To be able to prepare well, there must be a clear cut routine which the candidates must follow.
- The questions asked in the examination are of practical and logic based and hence the candidates must answer them logically.
- There is a provision of negative marking in the examination and hence the candidates need to waste marks in attempting questions they don’t know properly.
- The candidates should refer to the previous year question paper and practice it regularly.
Books to refer as per the UPSC IES Preparation Tips 2017
Following books should be referred to while preparing for the UPSC IES Exam 2017:
- Strength of Materials/Mechanics of structure – Gare & Timoshenko, E.Popove, L.Singer and B.C.punia
- Signal and System by Oppenheim and Willsky
- Optical Fiber Communication – J.M.Senior
- Engineering Thermodynamics – P.K.Nag. Cengel and Boles.
- IES Selection Procedure 2017
- IES Admit Card 2017
- IES Sample Papers 2017
- IES Exam Pattern 2017
- IES Syllabus 2017
- IES Cutoff 2017