LIC ADO Preparation Tips 2017: Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) will conduct recruitment to the post of Apprentice Development Officer (ADO). Candidates interested in applying for LIC ADO 2017 exam need to focus on preparation for the online exam. Clearing the online exam is important as it will ensure candidates’ selection for the further rounds of recruitment process. The online exam of LIC ADO is scheduled to be conducted in June/July 2017. Aspirants need to prepare well to crack the exam since only few months left for the exam. Here we have provided some LIC ADO Preparation Tips 2017 which will help the candidates to startegize their preparation.
LIC ADO Preparation Tips 2017 – Section-wise preparation tips
The section-wise preparation tips of LIC ADO 2017 has been explained below:
Tips for Reasoning Test
Aspirants need to formulate a proper strategy to score well in the Reasoning section. The section might be tricky but if prepared well can help the candidates to score good in this section.
- The candidates to do well in this section need to understand the concept, this will help them to attempt any question even if it is tricky.
- Candidates should prepare topics that are scoring such as Blood Relation, Coding-Decoding, Inequalities, Alphabets, Ranking and Direction.
- Candidates must give mock tests to enhance their proficiency on the subject.
Tips for Numerical Ability
- Numerical Ability is all about practice and the more candidates clear their concepts, the easier it will be for them to score good.
- Candidates should practice questions from previous year sample papers.
- In this section, number series, simplification and approximation and quadratic equation/inequality are generally of easy to moderate level. It is advisable to solve these first and then target questions of Interpretation. With good practice, you can easily score in Data Interpretation too.
- Candidates should solve the word problems such as average, ratio and proportion, partnership, time & work and work & wages, pipes and cisterns, allegation or mixtures, simple interest, compound interest, permutation and combination, probability, mensuration and data sufficiency accurately since these topics are scoring.
Tips for English Language Section
- Questions in this section will be asked basically from reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, error detection, para-jumble, synonyms and antonyms etc.
- Candidates should solve at least solve 2 to 3 passages/reading comprehension regularly.
- The trick for reading comprehension is to quickly read the questions and then accordingly go through the passage, this can save your time.
- Do not forget to pin down important keywords while going through the passage.
Tips for General Awareness
- General Awareness will have questions from current affairs, banking and financial awareness and static awareness questions.
- Candidates should read newspapers, magazines daily to keep themselves updated with the events.
Tips for Computer Knowledge
- Candidates should aim to score maximum in this section, so don’t take it lightly and be well prepared for it.
- Candidates should focus on History and General questions on computers along with basics of computer hardware and software with input-output devices.
LIC ADO Preparation 2017 – Some general tips
Practice online mocks: The first and crucial step is to have an idea of the exam pattern and experience the computer-based pattern of test beforehand. Mock test helps in increasing the speed and accuracy of the candidates.
Devise Strategy: Solving mock tests will help you get a hang of the pattern and the kind of questions which are asked often in the exam. Based on the questions asked and your weak and strong areas devise a strategy and stick to your strategy during the exam.
Avoid guesswork: Do not guess answers. Guesswork results in more negative marks. Stick to questions for which you are sure of the answer and avoid guess work.
Choose questions wisely
Practice as much as you can and learn the art of picking which questions to solve wisely. You won’t want to invest time in solving a question which would take more time and end up leaving questions which are easy to solve comparatively.
Solve Sample Papers
The sample papers gives the candidates an idea about the exam pattern, difficulty level, weightage of each section etc. Sample Papers are the best resource to prepare for the exam, therefore, candidates should solve the sample papers regularly.
Related Link :