MPPSC State Service Exam Selection Procedure 2017: Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission has revealed the selection procedure for all candidates who are participating in i the State Service Exam conducted by MPPSC. The MPPSC State Service Exam Selection Procedure will have two stages for all the candidates to be shortlisted for final recruitment. The first stage of the selection criteria will be a preliminary examination followed by a mains examination. Candidates who qualify the preliminary examination will be allowed to sit for the mains examination. All candidates should be very through with the MPPSC State Service Exam Selection Procedure as it will guide them with the knowledge pf what they have to face for the final selection for the post they are interested. We have explained the complete details of the selection procedure for the ease of candidates. Read the below given article for complete information about MPPSC State Service Exam Selection Procedure 2017.
Stages of MPPSC State Service Exam Selection Procedure 2017
All the candidates who have filled the MPPSC State Service Exam Application Form 2017 and are eligible as per the standards put forth by MPPSC will have to under go the fixed selection criteria put forth by the conducting authority. The candidates will first undergo a preliminary examination which will be a screening test for candidates to be filtered through for the mains. The candidates who qualify the prelims only will be allowed to sit for the mains examination. Check details of both the stages as explained below in the article.
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
Details of MPPSC State Service Exam Selection Procedure 2017
Stage 1: Preliminary Examination
The first stage of selection for candidates who have applied to MPPSC State Service Exam is the preliminary examination.
The preliminary examination will be treated as a screening test for all the candidates. The marks scored in the preliminary examination will not be taken into consideration while preparation of final merit list.
The preliminary examination will have two papers, paper 1 will be on General Studies and the topic for paper 2 of the preliminary examination will General Study Aptitude.
Candidates will be required to answer 100 questions of 2 marks individually for paper 1 and 2.
The collaborative total marks for paper 1 and paper 2 will be 400 and each paper will be of 200 marks.
The time allotted to candidates to solve each of the papers for the preliminary examination will be 2 hours. Candidates will not be allowed extra time under any situations and circumstances.
Candidates should be aware of the MPPSC State Service Exam Pattern of Prelims and Mains. The exam pattern of the preliminary examination has been explained in a gist in the below given table. The appropriate link to details of the exam pattern has been provided and candidates can use the same to check the exam pattern.
|Paper||Topic||Time Duration||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies||2 hours||200 marks|
|Paper 2||General Study Aptitude.||2 hours||200 marks|
Stage 2: Mains Examination
- The second stage of the MPPSC State Service Exam is the Mains Examination. Only those candidates who qualify the preliminary examination will be allowed to sit for the mains examination.
- The mains exam will have a total of 6 papers.
- The topics for Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3 out of 6 will be general studies. There will be a total of 2 sections in each of the 3 papers for 150 marks each.
- The sections will consist of 15 very short answer questions, 10 short answer questions and 3 long answer questions in each of the two sections.
- Paper 4 of the mains examination will have one section and it have 30 sections. 15 questions will be short answer type questions and remaining 15 will be short brief answer questions.
- Paper 5 and Paper 6 will be on General Hindi and English Respectively. All the 6 papers will be bilingual. Candidates can choose either language to answer the papers.
- The total marks collaboratively for all 6 papers in the mains examination will 1575.
- Check the important information of the exam pattern for mains of MPPSC state Service Exam 2017 in the table below.
|Paper Code||Topic||Time Duration||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies -I||3 hours||300|
|Paper 2||General Studies-II||3 hours||300|
|Paper 3||General Studies – III||3 hours||300|
|Paper 4||General Studies – IV||3 hours||200|
|Paper 5||General Hindi||3 hours||200|
|Paper 6||Essay Writing||2 hours||100|