NDA Preparation Tips & Tricks 2017 : Union Public Service Commission will conduct the National Defence Academy and National Defence Academy exam on September 10, 2017. The entrance exam will be held for admissions to Army, Navy and Air Force. The NDA & NA (II) 2017 will be conducted in 2-Tier system which will be the written test and Services Selection Board (SSB) test. The first goal which lies before the candidates is to clear the written examination to be selected for the Intelligence/Personality Test. To be successful, aspirants will have to chalk out proper strategy and plans. We have discussed here some useful NDA Preparation Tips & Tricks 2017. This will help the candidates to prepare well for the exam.
Crack RRB Group D + 8 Exams @299
Practice Unlimited Tests and get detailed Analysis
There will be two papers in the written examination, therefore, the candidates must prepare schedule for their preparation and divide time for both papers accordingly. Check the NDA Preparation Tips & Tricks 2017 given below to learn how to plan for NDA & NA (II) exam.
NDA Exam pattern 2017
NDA 2017 exam will be following a two stage process. First a written test of 900 marks is conducted which is followed by the interview round. Applicants should formulate and frame their NDA Preparation Tips accordingly. Given below is table for pattern of the written exam
|General Ability Test
After a candidate clears his written examination, he will be called for the nest round i.e. interview round. Here we provide some details on subjects of NDA 2017 written examination:
- Questions on Algebra
- Analytical geometry
- Integral calculus
- Statistics and Probability
- Matrices and determinants
General Ability Test – This section is divide in two parts
- English – 200 marks
- General Awareness – 400 marks
How to Prepare for NDA 2017 as per sections?
The most basic step in NDA preparation is that the student should have detailed knowledge of the syllabus, important topics and collect requisite study material for NDA Preparation Tips.
As the Exam Pattern, there will be two papers in the written examination of NDA 2017 exam –
- General Ability Test (GAT)
- The section will consist of 10+1 and 10+2 syllabus. Revise the Class 12 and Class 11 Maths Syllabus thoroughly.
- Start doing one chapter at a time. If you know the chapter well, then just read through the formulas and do the practice.
- If you are not familiar, then write each formula at least 10 times. This will help you to memorize formulas.
- Try to give yourself a time limit and solve the problems within the stipulated time. This will increase your speed.
- Do all the maths questions in the book and you are bound to get a very high score in math in the Written Exam.
General Ability Test (GAT)
- Physics, Chemistry, English do not require much memorising. You just need to understand the concepts and solve problems.
- For biology, history, civics and economics you need to do a bit of memorisation.
- You should make notes as you read through and revise those notes regularly to help you memorize the things.
- Give regular Tests after you complete the syllabus. This way you will not lose track of thing and you can prepare in a systematic way.
How to Prepare for NDA 2017 written exam in the limited time available?
Aspirants need not lose hope worrying about the limited time available for NDA Preparation Tips. If you are serious about your target you will definitely achieve it. Students can reach their target by following the given “NDA Preparation Tips 2017”
Basic NDA 2017 Preparation Tips.
- Know the Syllabus: Candidates appearing for NDA Exam should be very thorough with the Syllabus of NDA 2017. Unless knowing the Syllabus, the candidates cannot start preparing for the exam.
- Know the Pattern of Exam: The written examination of NDA 2 2017 exam will comprise of two papers – Mathematics (Paper-I) and General Ability Test (GAT) (Paper-II). Getting familiar with the Exam Pattern of NDA 2017 will help the candidates to know the number of sections, number of questions, total marks allotted etc.
- Pull up your socks – Start NDA Preparation 2017 as early as possible. Don’t pass the buck for any subject on tomorrow, start from today.
- Know what you are in for – Collect all NDA preparation study material at one place. Check the whole syllabus to get a hold of the important topics.
- Strengthen your basics– Clear all concepts of subjects and mathematics formulas for class 6th, 7th, and 8th.
- Read, Read and Read– Develop a habit for reading. Reading will help to give a boost to your NDA 2017 preparation. Reading materials like newspaper, magazines, books on general knowledge will increase your general awareness and as improve English.
- Improve English– Reading, writing and listening and in English helps a lot in improving English. Activities such as watching English news and movies improve grammar skill to a huge extent.
- Get a Time Table: Make A time schedule for every topic will help to manage time and even help cover all the topics properly.
- Practice a lot- Improve your skills for NDA 2017 preparation with practice. Solve the Sample Question Papers of NDA 2017 and give the mock test available online.
- Learn what you don’t know: Start your Preparation for NDA 2017 with weak topics and strengthen them.
- Never guess answers: NDA exam is multi choice objective paper. There is negative marking for every answer so never make any guesses. Mark your answers only when you are 100% sure about them.
- Refer to Previous year question papers and preparation Books: Download question papers of previous 2-3 years and buy trustworthy NDA preparation books for different subjects and sections to have better practice of each.
- Be Calm: Last but not the least, be calm in the examination hall.
- Make short notes : Candidates should try to make short of all that they have learnt. This will help them to revise the topics quickly before the exam.
Important Books For NDA Preparation
- Mathew M’s Manorama Yearbook 2017
- Mathematics for National Defense Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) – RS Aggarwal
- Objective general knowledge and current affairs, Level 1 and Level 2 by Disha experts
- Pathfinder for National Defense Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA)
- Quantitative Aptitude for competitive examinations – RS Agarwal
- NDA & NA practice National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Entrance examination- set of 10 by expert compilations.
- NDA INA practice papers: conducted by UPSC – Sachchida nand Jha
- Chapter wise and Section Wise Solved papers for NDA & NA with Explanatory solutions for Mathematics/ English/ General Ability with Explanatory Solutions Latest by Arihant Experts.
Some last minute preparation tips & tricks for NDA (II)
With NDA 2 written exam round the corner, we have provided below some last minute preparation tips and tricks.
- Candidates should revise all the topics thoroughly that they have learned so far for the exam. They should not study any new topics.
- Download and print the admit card of NDA as early as possible to avoid any delay.
- Keep all stationeries such as pen, pencil, eraser, paper ready for the exam day.
- Brush up all the formulas and shortcuts
- Candidates during the exam should solve easy questions first.
- Avoid lengthy and time-consuming questions
- Take proper rest before the exam
NDA exam is conducted every year by Union Public Service Commission. Many candidates apply for it every year. We sincerely hope that this article will help you to prepare for NDA 2017 Exam and also help you to understand the concept of the exam. Following this guide, you will be able to Clear NDA 2017 exam easily.