SBI PO Prelims Preparation Tips 2017: State Bank of India (SBI) is all set to conduct the preliminary exam of SBI PO on April 29, 30 and May 6, 7, 2017. The candidates appearing for the examination are under the tremendous pressure of books and study material. Along with preparation, candidates will be also be hooked on google looking for the best strategy and tips for preparation. We have presented SBI PO prelims preparation tips in this article to help the candidates tackle the preliminary exam at large. The post of probationary officers in one of the most popular amongst banking aspirants. Candidates wait for the exam and prepare for the same all year round. State Bank of India (SBI) has received large number of applications for 2313 vacancies at the post of PO.
A candidate who is shortlisted at the post of PO holds the position of an Assistant Manager (AM) on probation and is part of the junior management, (sometimes referred to as the Scale 1 Officer). Candidates can read the complete article for essential SBI PO prelims preparation tips and qualify the exam with flying colors.
SBI PO Prelims Preparation Tips – Section wise strategy
State Bank of India (SBI) will be conducting the preliminary exam of SBI PO 2017 for all the candidates who have filled the application form and fulfill the eligibility criteria. To qualify in the exam, the preparation of candidates should be effective and exam oriented. The preliminary exam of SBI PO will be followed by mains exam on June 4, 2017. Here are some points that you should remember while preparing for the paper.
SBI PO 2017 preliminary exam will be conducted online in objective mode. The exam will consist of 3 sections i.e. English language, quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability. The preparation strategy and attempt approach to each section will be different. Candidates should prepare a definite preparation strategy for each.
- The section on English language will have questions based on a cloze test, reading-comprehension, sentence rearrangement, sentence improvement and sentence error spotting. The focus of your preparation should be on improving your reading speed, level of comprehension, vocabulary and usage skills.
- Candidates should put more focus towards commonly made grammatical errors is a must in order to crack the sentence improvement and error spotting questions.
- Candidates should have a detailed understanding on contextual vocabulary which in turn will help them to tackle questions on synonyms, fill in the blanks, antonyms and cloze test.
- Quantitative Aptitude Section of SBI PO 2017 prelims will consist of questions from simplification, arithmetic and data interpretation.
- According to SBI PO prelims preparation tips 2017, shortcuts and time saving question solving tricks will help the candidates complete the section.
- Candidates are advised to concentrate more on cubes, cubes roots, fractional values of percentages when handling data interpretation, squares, square roots and data analysis questions.
- Memorizing the formulas and frequently used results will help the candidates a great deal in solving questions based on simplification.
- Some of the most important topics of this section which should be not be neglected under any circumstances are profit and loss, simple interest and compound interest, time and work, time and distance, mixture and allegation and mensuration.
- The Reasoning ability section of SBI PO 2017 is generally considered to be very difficult and time consuming. Appropriate question selection becomes critical here. It is best to avoid lengthy and complex questions.
- The most common topics for this section are puzzle test, sitting arrangement, syllogisms, blood relations, ranking test, mathematical in equations, sequence and series, coding-decoding and input-output. You can expect some logical reasoning questions as well.
- All questions of SBI PO 2017 reasoning section are generally based on statement-course of action, statement-assumption, statement-conclusion and statement-argument.
SBI PO Prelims Preparation Tips – Do’s and Dont’s
- Candidates should focus more on mock test and sample papers of SBI PO as they will help to fine tune the preparation strategy and work on every topic in details.
- Candidates should also work on their time management skills, remember that attempting 100 questions in 60 minutes is a challenging task, especially when negative marking provisions are also there.
- Candidates are advised to strictly stay away from guesswork as for each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from your overall score.
- This is high time that you work on your speed more aggressively and try to improve the number of questions that you are attempting.
- Attempting at least 2-3 full length tests everyday is a must.
Candidates should regularly analyze their performance after every test. This exercise will help them with question selection in the preliminary exam.
Cracking SBI PO may not be a walk in the park. But with SBI PO prelims preparation tips, committed efforts and a well planned approach it is definitely possible. Plan ahead and give it your best shot.