SBI PO 2017: The State Bank of India (SBI) has announced the SBI PO Mains Results 2017 on July 03, 2017. The mains exam of SBI PO 2017 was conducted on June 4, 2017. Around 50,000 candidates appeared in the mains examination of SBI PO, out of which approximately 6376 candidates have qualified for Group Exercise and Interview round. The mains examination comprised of objective test and descriptive test. The result of SBI PO mains exam has been declared on the basis of their marks in both objective and descriptive test out of 250. The aggregate marks secured by candidates in objective and descriptive test is arranged in descending order under each category to call them for Group Exercises and Interview. The SBI PO 2017 cutoff of mains exam will be released soon. The SBI PO 2017 call letter for Group Exercises and Interview will be issued in July, 2017. The exam will be conducted from July 10 onwards. The final result of SBI PO will be declared on August 5, 2017. Candidates will be given appointment against 2403 vacancies of Probationary Officers (PO)/Management Trainee (MT) based on their preformance in the mains exam and Group Exercises and Interview. Candidates can check below for more details on SBI PO 2017.
SBI PO 2017 Important Dates
Candidates can check in the table below for important dates of SBI PO.
|Online registration of application starts||February 7, 2017|
|Online registration of application ends||March 6, 2017|
|Last date for edit of application||March 6, 2017|
|Last Date for print of application||April, 2017|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||March 6, 2017|
|Admit card of SBI PO 2017 for pre-exam training||April, 2017|
|Admit Card for Preliminary Exam||April 8, 2017|
|Online Preliminary Exam Date||April 29 & 30 and May 6 & 7, 2017|
|Result of Online Preliminary Exam||May 16, 2017|
|Admit Card for Main Exam||May 17, 2017|
|Online Main Exam Date||June 4, 2017|
|Result of Online Main Exam||July 03, 2017|
|Download Call Letter for Interview||July 2017|
|Conduct of Group Discussion & Interview||July 10, 2017|
|Declaration of Final Result||August 5, 2017|
The SBI PO call letter for Group Exercises and Interview will be issued by SBI in July 2017. The exam of which is scheduled to be held from July 10. The admit cards will be issued to only those candidates qualifying for Group Exercises and Interview. The SBI PO admit card will be available online. Candidates can download their call letters through roll number/registration number and date of birth/password.
The result of SBI PO 2017 mains exam has been declared on July 03, 2017. The SBI PO 2017 result has been released in a PDF file. The scores of SBI PO mains exam has been normalised to adjust the difficulty level of question sets. Candidates based on their marks out of total 250 have been shortlisted for Group Exercises and Interview. The final result of SBI PO will be declared on August 5, 2017. SBI shall prepare a merit list after normalising the marks obtained by the candidates in the mains exam to a base form of 75 out of 250 marks and Group Exercise and Interview to a base form of 25 out of 50 marks. The aggregate marks will be calculated out of 100 to declare the result. Candidates who will stand sufficiently high in the merit list will be provided an appointment to the post of PO.
SBI will soon release the cutoff of SBI PO mains examination. Candidates can check here expected SBI PO cutoff 2017 of mains. Candidates who have cleared the overall and sectional SBI PO cutoff 2017 of mains are shortlisted for Group Exercises and Interview. SBI PO Cutoff 2017 is the minimum qualifying marks which the candidates will have to secure to qualify each stage of recruitment process – Prelims, Mains and Group Exercises and Interview.
SBI PO 2017 expected cutoff of mains exam
|Overall SBI PO Mains 2017 expected Cut off Score||General||OBC/ SC/ ST|
SBI PO 2017 Preliminary Cut off out of 100 marks
|Candidate’s Category||SBI PO 2017 Cut off for Preliminary out of 100|
SBI PO 2017 Final Allotment
- Final Allotment will be made depending on the number of vacancies, merit, fulfillment of eligibility conditions, medical fitness.
- Appointment letters will be issued to the finally selected candidates for the post of SBI PO for various branches of SBI.
- The selected candidates will be issued recruitment station where they will have to report on the date mentioned in the Appointment letter
- The Probationary Officers will be on probation of two years during which they will be given intensive training.
A banker’s job in the government sector is one of the most popular work profiles in the country. Apart from job security, comfortable work environment and relaxed work timings, a job in a public bank offers financial stability and perks as well. Every year large number of candidates apply for SBI PO exam but only few make up to the final selection. The competition for the exam is very high. Candidates need to put in consistent efforts to excel in SBI PO 2017 exam. They need to prepare day wise study plan for the exam. If candidates prepare well, they can clear the SBI PO exam in the first attempt.
SBI PO 2017 exam – New highlights
SBI has revised the selection procedure for recruitment of Probationary Officers 2017. As per the new notification, the conducting authority will now hold group exercises instead of group discussion for candidates who will qualify the mains examination i.e objective and descriptive test. Along with group exercise, an interview will be also conducted. Candidates qualifying for Group Exercises and Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy layer’ clause. Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained
Salient features of SBI PO 2017 exam
|Name of the Exam||Recruitment of Probationary Officers in State Bank of India|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Posts Offered||Probationary Officers|
|Total Number of Vacancies||2403|
|Mode of Selection||Online Examination (Prelims & Mains) and Group Discussion & Interview|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Application Fees||SC/ST/PWD – Rs 100 , General – Rs 600|
|Job posting||Candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India|
SBI PO 2017 Notification – Check Here
The application form of SBI PO was available from February 7 to March 6, 2017. Only online applications were accepted for the recruitment process. The SBI PO application fees was Rs 600 for General & OBC Category candidates and Rs 100 for SC/ST/PWD. The SBI PO 2017 application form comprised of five steps – registration, uploading of scanned images of signature & photograph, filling up of basic details and submission of application form.
Candidates applying for SBI PO 2017 exam should fulfill the necessary eligibility criteria as per Nationality, Age and Educational Qualification.
- Nationality: Only Indian Citizens can only apply
- Age Limit: Candidates should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2017 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1987 and not later than 01.04.1996 (both days inclusive)
- Educational Qualification: Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the final year/semester of their graduation can also apply.
SBI PO 2017 Number of Attempts
Candidates who have already appeared for the maximum number of permissible chances are not eligible to apply. The number of chances will be counted from the examination held on April 2010.
|Category||Number of Chances|
|SC/SC(PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
Emoluments & Salary Structure
Presently, the starting basic pay is Rs. 27,620/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of Rs.23700-980/7- 30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The total compensation per annum on CTC basis would be a minimum of Rs. 7.93 lacs and maximum of Rs 12.95 lacs depending on
The total compensation per annum on CTC basis would be a minimum of Rs. 7.93 lacs and maximum of Rs 12.95 lacs depending on the place of posting and other factors.
The Pattern and Structure of SBI PO have been divided into Preliminary, Mains and Group Discussion & Interview.
- The Preliminary Examination consists of Objective Tests for 100 marks which will be conducted online. The test will be of 1-hour duration consisting of 3 sections – English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
- The Mains Examination comprises of Objective Test and Descriptive Test. The Objective Test will carry 200 marks and Descriptive Test will carry 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Test will be conducted online.
- The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and the Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category to be called for the Interview.
- The qualifying marks in Group Exercises & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
- The group exercises will carry 20 marks and interview will carry 30 marks.
- The topics included in the Syllabus of SBI PO are basically of graduation level.
- The entire syllabus of Prelims and Mains of SBI PO 2017 is provided here on this page.
- The Syllabus has been prepared by experts and has covered all the topics important for the exam.
- Candidates should be thorough with the syllabus before they start their preparation.
Structure of SBI PO Prelims Exam
|S:No||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||Composite Time of 1 hour|
Structure of SBI PO Mains Exam
|Test||Name of test||No. of||Max.||Duration|
|I||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|II||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|III||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|IV||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
- Solving the Sample Papers will help the candidates to gain more knowledge.
- Sample Papers is available both online and offline for solving.
- Candidates should solve the SBI PO Sample Papers 2017 regularly to gather an idea of the Question Pattern, level of difficulty, number of questions section-wise etc. It will also boost up the speed level of the candidates.
- Online Mock Tests are like original tests, therefore, it helps the candidates to understand the Pattern and Structure of Exam. Candidates can access their performance through the scores obtained in the mock tests.
Vacancies of SBI PO 2017 (including backlog vacancies)
Vacancies (Regular and Backlog)
The SBI PO 2017 exam will be conducted across 44 state/UTs. The list of examination centres for the prelims and mains exam has been made available by SBI along with the notification. No request for change of centre shall be entertained. SBI, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the exam centres as its discretion depending upon the feasibility. Candidate will have to appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risk and expenses and SBI will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature. The centers for the Main Examination will be limited.
The answer key of SBI PO 2017 will be made available after the exam gets over. Various coaching institutes will release the SBI PO answer key 2017. There are less possibility of SBI releasing the answer key since the exam will be held in online mode. Candidates through the answer key can get an idea of their score of prelims exam based on the number of correct and incorrect answers.
The exam analysis of SBI PO mains exam provides details of overall difficulty and structure of exam along with the number of good attempts. The SBI PO exam analysis of mains exam is provided on this page. The overall paper of SBI PO mains exam was moderate to difficult in terms of difficulty.
SBI PO 2017 – Know the Career Path!
The Probationary Officers will be on probation of two years during which they will be given intensive training. Towards the end of their probation/training period, they will be subjected to a screening process. While those Officers who achieve the predetermined standards may be confirmed and given placement in the next higher grade i.e., Officer Middle Management Grade Scale-II, others who qualify in the test but fail to achieve the standards set for placement in Middle Management Grade Scale-II, will be confirmed as Officer Junior Management Grade Scale-I. The services of those Officers who fail to qualify in this process will be terminated. Bank provides immense opportunities for growth in the Bank including opportunities for postings abroad. The attractive promotion policy of the Bank provides an opportunity to the meritorious and exceptionally brilliant officers to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.
SBI Recruitment Cell
Phone No: 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days)
Email ID: email@example.com
|Latest : Access the links below to apply for other government exams|
|IBPS Clerk 2017||IES 2017||SSC JE 2017||SBI Clerk 2017||PSU Recruitment 2017|
Stay tuned to Entrance Corner for more updates on SBI PO 2017 Recruitment. For any queries post your comments below.