SSC CGL Application Form 2017: The application procedure of SSC CGL 2017 concluded on June 19 at 5.00 PM. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has received 30,26,598 online applications. The SSC CGL application form was made available from May 16 to June 19. Only online applications were accepted. The SSC CGL application fee for General/OBC category was Rs 100 while women and SC/ST/PH/Ex.servicemen candidates do not have to pay fee. The online application form of SSC CGL 2017 comprised of two parts – Part I and Part II Registration. The SSC CGL 2017 application form Part I involved filling up basic information like personal and academic details. In Part II of SSC CGL candidates had to pay application fees, upload photograph and signature and submit the application form. The print out of SSC CGL application form 2017 confirmation page and copy fee payment receipt must be retained by candidates till completion of recruitment process. For more information on SSC CGL application form, candidates can check below.
SSC CGL 2017 Application Form dates
The application form of SSC CGL 2017 has concluded on June 19. The exam is scheduled to be held in online mode on August 1 to 20, 2017. For more details of SSC CGL application dates check the table given below.
SSC CGL 2017 Application Dates
|Serial No||SSC CGL Application Events||Important Dates|
|1||SSC CGL 2017 application begins||May 16, 2017|
|2||SSC CGL application ends on||June 19, 2017|
|3||Payment of application fee||May 16 to June 19, 2017|
Documents required for SSC CGL 2017 application form
Candidates must have following documents ready before beginning the application process of SSC CGL 2017.
- Valid email ID
- Scanned photograph and signature as per prescribed dimension
- Educational certificates of class 10, 10+2/HSC, graduation or of any other higher education.
- Debit Card/Credit card to pay application fee online
The step wise procedure to fill online application form of SSC CGL is given below.
How to fill SSC CGL Application Form 2017?
The application form of SSC CGL comprises of two stages – Part 1 and 2. Candidates are required to fill both parts of application form successfully otherwise application form will be treated incomplete and candidates will not allowed to take the exam. Candidates are advised to thoroughly read the How to fill SSC CGL Application Form 2017 so that they can it without making any mistake.
Step 1: SSC CGL Registration: At first candidates have to register themselves with SSC to begin the application process. The SSC CGL Registration is one time process which will be will be saved in Commission’s server and can be used by candidates while completing SSC CGL application form. At the time SSC CGL Registration 2017 candidates have to enter their name, father’s name, date of birth and gender. The details by candidates entered must be same as given class 10 certificate. After entering all the required details candidates have to click ‘submit’ button. On submission of the required details provisional Registration Id and Password will be generated. After entering all details, candidates should click ‘Submit’ button.
Step 2: SSC CGL 2017 Application Form filling procedure
Registered candidate may log into the system using their registration ID and date of birth and can proceed for filling application form. The application part has 21 fields followed by uploading of photographs and signature of candidate. Once the application form is completely filled in, candidates should click ‘Final submit’ button and ‘payment’ window will appear.
SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee
The structure of SSC CGL 2017 application fee is given below.
|Women/SC/ST/PH/Ex Ser.||Exempted from fee|
Specification for uploading Photograph and Signature: Candidates can check below the format for uploading scanned signature and photograph.
|Photograph||8 bit JPG format||Less than 12 KB and greater than 4 KB||100 pixel widths by 120 pixels height|
|Signature||JPG format||less than 12 kb and greater than 1 kb||40 pixel width by 60 pixels height|
Highlights of SSC CGL 2017 application form
Some of the important highlights of SSC CGL application form is given below.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Applicants must submit only one application. In case of multiple applications, the last complete application will be accepted.
- No changes in the particulars of SSC CGL application form 2017 will be entertained after final submission.
- Candidates must read the instructions to apply online before filling up the application form.
- Applicants who want to pay their application fee offline must download e-challan after completion of part I and others can directly proceed towards Part II registration.
- In case of any discrepancy, candidates must report to the regional offices of SSC with copy of email received after Part II registration.
- Candidates should take print out of application form.
- The SSC CGL application form without photograph or blurred photograph or incomplete information will be rejected.
The minimum age limit of candidates must be 18 years and maximum age limit is 32 years. The basic educational qualification of the candidates must be graduation from recognised university or equivalent. The educational qualification will vary as per posts.
SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card
Eligible candidates will be issued admit card for exam. Regional offices of commission will place details of application numbers, Roll numbers and ticket number of candidates at least one week before the date of examination. Aspirants who will not receive the SSC CGL admit card within a month of the examination and are unable to download the admit card must contact the regional office immediately.
Latest posts by Anangsha Patra (see all)
- SSC SI Admit Card 2017 released, exam to begin from July 1 - June 22, 2017
- IES Admit Card 2018 - June 22, 2017
- SSC SI 2017 - June 22, 2017