SSC CGL Result 2016: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has declared the result of SSC CGL Tier 3 exam on April 6, 2017. The SSC CGL result 2016 has been made available online region-wise. Candidates can access the link given below to check the result of SSC CGL. Aspirants can who have qualified the Tier 3 exam as per the SSC CGL 2016 result will appear for the Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)/Data Entry Skill Test (DEST). The final result of SSC CGL result 2016 will be declared in June 2017. Candidates will be selected for appointment under SSC CGL recruitment process on the basis of their performance in Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3. Read through the article to know more on the SSC CGL 2016 result.
Earlier, the SSC CGL Tier 2 result 2016 was declared by SSC on February 28, 2017. As per the SSC CGL Result 2016 of Tier 2 exam, a total of 4,796 candidates has qualified for the post of Assistant Audit Officer. A total number of candidates qualified for Tier-III/CPT for the post of Assistant Section Officer in CSS and Assistant in MEA is 15,030. Candidates qualified for Tier III for Junior Statistical Officer (Grade-II) is 1254. A total of 35,089 candidates has qualified for Tier-III/DEST for all posts (except AAO, ASO/Assistant (in MEA and CSS) and Junior Statistical Officer (Grade-II). Around 1,49,319 candidates had appeared in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL conducted from November 30 to December 3, 2016. SSC due to some technical glitches had conducted re-examination on January 12 and 13, 2017.
SSC CGL Result 2016 Important Events to Track
|Tier 1 exam date of SSC CGL||August 27 to September 11, 2016 (Concluded)|
|Re-examination of Batch II conducted on August 27 in the afternoon shift||October 27, 2016.|
|Declaration of the Tier 1 Result of SSC CGL||November 8, 2016 (Declared)|
|Tier 2 Exam of SSC CGL||November 30 to December 2, 2016|
|Declaration of the Tier 2 Result||February 28, 2017 (Declared)|
|Descriptive Paper of SSC CGL (Tier 3)||March 19, 2017|
|Tier 3 Result of SSC CGL||April 6, 2017|
|Conduct of Tier 4 Exam i.e. DEST/CPT||May 2017|
|SSC CGL Final Result||June 2017|
How to check the SSC CGL 2016 Result?
The steps to check the SSC CGL 2016 Result has been explained below clearly.
Step 1: In the first step, the candidates will have to click the link provided here on this page below
|S.No.||State||Sub-Region||SSC CGL Result|
|1||Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand||North Region||Download Here|
|2||Gujrat, Goa and Maharashtra||Western Region||Download Here|
|3||Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh||MP Sub-Region||Download Here|
|4||Andaman & Nicobar Island, Jharkhand, Orrisa, Sikkim and West Bengal,||Eastern Region||Download Here|
|5||Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Mizoram and Tripura||North Eastern Region||Download Here|
|6||Andhra Pradesh, Punduchery and Tamilnadu||Southern Region||Download Here|
|7||Kerala and Karnataka||KKR region||Download Here|
|8||Jammu & Kashmir, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab||North Western Sub-Region||Download Here|
|9||Bihar and Uttar Pradesh||Central Region||Download Here|
SSC CGL Tier – 1 Result 2016 – Marks of candidates
|Region||Marks of Candidates|
|Central Region||Download Here|
|Eastern Region||Download Here|
|KKR Region||Download Here|
|MPR Region||Download Here|
|NER Region||Download Here|
|NR Region||Download Here|
|NWR Region||Download Here|
|SR Region||Download Here|
|WR Region||Download Here|
Step 2: In the new window, the result in the PDF file will open. The result file will contain the names or roll numbers of the candidates who have qualified the exam.
Step 3: Aspirants should check whether their names or roll numbers are there in the SSC CGL Result 2016 PDF file.
Step 4: Download the SSC CGL Result 2016 and Keep it save for future reference.
Availability of SSC CGL 2016 result
SSC has released a PDF file for the SSC CGL Tier II Result. The PDF Result File contain the names, post applied, rank etc. However, SSC will release the marks of the candidates few days after the declaration of the result. The Result has been announced by SSC on its official website. For the conveyance of the candidates, we have been provided the direct link on this page. Candidates finally selected will be offered posts of Assistant, Inspector of Income Tax, Sub-Inspector, Statistical Investigator etc in various government departments.
Stages of SSC CGL Result 2016 – Quick Overview
SSC CGL Tier 2 Result 2016
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Result 2016 has been declared on February 28, 2017.
- The candidates who have scored overall as well sectional cut off score as per their category qualified the exam.
- The Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2016 comprised of four papers. Out of these four papers, two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II is compulsory for all. While Paper III (Statistics) will be for those candidates who have applied for the post of Statistical Investigator and Paper-IV (Finance and Accounts and Economics and Governance) for those who have applied for the post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) in C &AG.
Marking Scheme of CGL Tier 2 Exam 2016
- The SSC CGL result 2016 was declared based on the marks obtained by the candidates in Tier 1 and 2.
- In Tier 2 exam, for each correct answer candidates will get 2 marks and for each wrong answer 0.50 marks wias deduced from the total score of 200.
- The examination authority while compiling the score of the Tier 2 exam, the score obtained by the candidates in Tier 1 exam will be given due preference.
- Based on the scores obtained by the candidates in Tier 1 and 2, candidates will be called for Tier 3 and 4 of the recruitment process.
- The each question in the Tier 2 exam will carry 2 marks. The total mark in each section is 100.
- The SSC CGL Tier 2 exam = Marks obtained by candidates in Tier 2 and Tier 1 exam.
SSC CGL result 2016 – Number of qualified candidates of Tier 2
List I: Candidates qualified for the Tier III (Assistant Audit Officer)
List II: Candidates qualified for Tier-III/CPT for Assistant Section Officer in CSS and Assistant in MEA
List -III: Candidates qualified for Tier – III for Junior Statistical Officer (Grade -II)
List – IV: Candidates qualified for Tier – III/DEST for all posts (except AAO, ASO/Assistant (in MEA and CSS) and Junior Statistical Officer (Grade – II)
SSC CGL 2016 Tier 3 Exam
The Tier 3 exam which is a Descriptive Test has been introduced newly in the scheme of SSC CGL exam. The Descriptive Test is to assess the writing skills and computer proficiency required in government jobs. The Tier 3 exam of SSC CGL was conducted on March 19, 2017. The Descriptive Test is qualifying in nature. Those who have cleared the Descriptive Test has been called to appear for the skill test. The minimum qualifying percentage of SSC CGL Tier 3 exam is 33 %.
SSC CGL 2016 Tier 4 exam
The candidates in the Tier 4 stage of SSC CGL will be tested on their knowledge on Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test (CPT). The Tier 4 exam of SSC CGL 2016 will be qualifying in nature.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Result 2016
- The Tier 1 result of SSC CGL has been declared on November 8, 2016.
- Aspirants whose name is featured in the result list of SSC CGL 2016 will be allowed to appear for the Tier 2 exam.
- The Tier 1 marks of all the candidates will be published within a week after the declaration of the result.
- Only those candidates who secure the desired SSC CGL Cutoff marks will appear for the next tier.
- Candidates can check the result through the direct link provided here on this page. The link to check the result has been provided here on this page.
- SSC will issue SSC CGL Admit Card 2016 for the Tier 2 exam only to the qualified candidates of the Tier 1.
Marking scheme of Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL
- Each section of SSC CGL Tier 1 exam contained 25 questions and each questions carried 2 marks.
- The total mark of the exam was 200.
- As a penalty for wrong answer, 0.50 marks will be deducted from the total score.
- The SSC CGL 2016 Tier 1 exam score out of 200 = Total number of correct answer x 2 – total number of incorrect response x 0.50.
Statistics of Tier 1 Result of SSC CGL 2016
A total of 149319 candidates have qualified for Tier-II. Out of which, 28234 can appear in Paper-III (Statistics) of Tier-II and 45293 can appear for Paper-IV (General Studies Finance & Economics) of Tier-II. The break of the candidates who have qualified the exam has been given below:
Candidates qualified in SSC CGL 2016 Tier 1 Exam
|Category||Candidates Available||Cut off Marks|
Candidates who have qualified for Paper III (Statistics) of SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam
Candidates who have qualified for Paper IV (General Studies Finance and Economics) of SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam
Candidates Appeared and qualified in SSC CGL Tier 1 in previous years
|SSC CGL Exam||Candidates appeared in the Tier 1 exam||Candidates qualified for Tier 2 exam|
Declaration of Final Result of SSC CGL 2016
- The Final Result of SSC CGL exam will be declared in April 2017. The SSC CGL Result 2016 will be calculated on the basis of the total scores secured by candidates in Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 exam.
- Candidates on the basis of their merit will be allocated to the different categories of posts in various ministries/Departments/organizations.
- The SSC CGL Final Result 2016 will be calculated on the basis of the marks in Tier I, II and III. The formula is SSC CGL 2016 Final Result = Marks Obtained in Tier 1 +Tier 2+Tier 3.
SSC CGL Result 2016 – Important Points
- The candidates who have qualified the Tier-I exam have appeared for the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL. The Tier II exam of SSC CGL was conducted from November 30 to December 2, 2017. However, the re-exam was held on January 12 and 13, 2017.
- The marks obtained in the Tier-I and II will determine the eligibility of the candidates to appear for Tier-III and IV. The Tier-III and IV will be conducted in March, 2017
- SSC will declare the Final SSC CGL Result 2016 in April 2017.
- As many candidates as are found by the Commission to have qualified in the Examination shall be recommended for appointment for each category of post-up to the number of vacancies available, taking into consideration option for the posts.
- The Commission will recommend the candidates in the Merit List on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the online examination and preference exercised by the candidates in the Application Form for different Posts.
- The Final Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the performance by the candidates in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III of the SSC CGL exam 2016.
Resolution of Ties in SSC CGL exam
The Commission will adopt the following method for resolving ties in the SSC CGL exam.
- Total marks in the written exam
- Total marks in Tier-2 Exam
- Total marks in Tier-1 Exam
- Candidates having older age to be preferred and place in higher rank
- Alphabetical order in which the first names of the candidates appear
Importance of Answer Key in Preparation of Result
The Commission will consider the Answer Key of SSC CGL for preparing the Result of SSC CGL. The Answer Key of SSC CGL of all stages will be released by the Commission.
Tentative vacancy for the Combined Graduate Level Examination 2016
Cutoff of SSC CGL 2016
The SSC CGL Cutoff 2016 will be decided by the Commission. On the basis of the Cutoff, candidates will be selected for the every stage of recruitment. The Candidates will have to obtain the desired cutoff to be considered for selection.
Expected Cutoff of SSC CGL 2016
|Category||Cut off Marks (Out of 200)|
|General||105 to 115|
|SC||80 to 85|
|OBC||90 to 95|
|ST||72 to 77|
Glimpse of SSC CGL 2015 Result
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has declared the result of SSC CGL 2015. A total of 8,511 candidates have qualified in CGL, 2015 final result. The candidates can check the SSC CGL Final Result 2016 through the link provided on this page. The result of Tier-II of Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2015 was declared on 09.02.2016. In all 18,054 candidates qualified in Tier-II for Interview/Non-Interview posts including those candidates who qualified in more than one List. Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) are of qualifying nature. The candidates qualifying in Module I of DEST were eligible for evaluation of Module II + III of CPT.
Important Facts & Figures:
A total of 1786047 candidates appeared in SSC CGL Tier -I Exam 2015 whereas 1,44,871 candidates were short-listed for Paper-1 & 2 of Tier-2 Exam and 22,202 (Only for posts of Stat. Inv./Compiler) candidates was selected for Paper-3 of Tier-2 Exam.
The candidates can view the previous year cutoff to understand the marks that are required to be scored to clear the examination. The cutoff score is made by taking and calculating the marks for both the Tier 1 and Tier 2.
|SSC CGL Cut off marks (Tier 1 + Tier 2) for interview posts|
|Cut off marks (SSC CGL Tier 1 + Tier 2) for all non-interview posts only|
SSC CGL Selection Procedure 2016
The SSC CGL 2016 Selection Procedure includes the following stages:
- Stage 1: Tier I Computer Based Test
- Stage 2: Tier II Computer Based Test
- Stage 3: Tier III Descriptive Test
- Stage 4: Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test
Candidates in the first stage appeared for the Tier I exam conducted from August to November. A total of 14,99,000 candidates had appeared for the Tier-I exam. Out of which, 1, 49, 319 candidates have qualified for the Tier-II exam. Selection for Tier III and IV will depend on the candidate’s performance in Tier I and II. Allocation of candidates for various posts will be made on the basis of Tier-I, II and III.