SSC GD Constable 2017: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will soon publish the recruitment notice to appoint eligible candidates at the post of constables in BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSB, NIA and SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles. All the candidates who are interested will have to fill the online application form of SSC GD Constable 2017. The dates of application process are not known but will be updated on this page as soon as it will be announced by SSC. All the eligible candidates will have to undergo a three stage selection process i.e. physical standards test/physical efficiency test followed by written examination and medical examination.
As per the dates mentioned in the calendar released by staff selection commission, the SSC GD Constable computer based test will be conducted on July 15 to 22, 2017. The admit card for the exam will be made available at least two weeks prior to the examination. Candidates will be shortlisted for final appointment on the basis of their performance in all the three stages and merit position. Candidates can read complete details like important dates, application procedure, exam pattern, selection criteria of SSC GD Constable 2017 from this article.
SSC GD Constable Important Dates 2017
|SSC constable GD recruitment 2017 notification Date||To be notified later|
|Starting Date of SSC constable GD recruitment 2017 application form||To be notified later|
|The last date for SSC GD application forms 2017||To be notified later|
|SSC GD 2017 Exam Date CBT||July 15 to 22, 2017.|
|Download Date of Exam Admit card||To be notified later|
|Declaration of Result||To be notified later|
SSC GD Constable 2017 – Salient Features
- The recruitment is being conducted for appointment of eligible and deserving candidates at the post of constable in BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSB, NIA and SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles through an open-competitive examination.
- The recruitment process for candidates will consist of a 3 stage selection procedure. Candidates will first undergo a Physical Standards Test/Physical Efficiency Test. The candidates who qualify the PST/PET will be eligible to appear for written examination and medical examination.
- The written examination will be conducted in both online and offline mode. The online exam will be conducted in English and Hindi and the offline exam will be conducted in 8 regional languages along with in English and Hindi.
- All the candidates who wish to apply for the recruitment should have passed heir matriculation or Class 10 from a recognized board/university.
- On the basis of candidate’s performance in the computer based test, they will be further shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as per the discretion of the commission.
- After the medical examination of SSC GD Constable 2017 has been conducted successfully, e Commission will process and declare the final list of selected candidates state-wise without making Force allocation. Based on such merit list declared by SSC, the MHA/ CRPF will make force allocation, etc. and declare the result.
Staff Selection Commission will fix the eligibility criteria to delimit candidates for participation in the recruitment process. The candidates have to ensure that they fulfil each of the conditions set by the commission before they fill the application form. Applications of those candidates who do not fulfil the eligibility criteria of SSC GD Constable 2017 will not be accepted by the commission under any circumstances. Candidates can get a quick review of the eligibility conditions as given below and click on the above link to read all details of eligibility conditions.
- Nationality/Citizenship : All the candidates who are interested should hold an Indian citizenship.
- Age Limit : All the candidates who wish to apply should be within the age bracket of 18 to 23 years as on August 1, 2017. The candidates should not have been born before August 8, 1993 and no after August 1, 1998. Age relaxation for candidates of SC/ST/OBC, Ex-serviceman and other categories will be offered as per the government rules.
- Educational Qualification : All the applicants should have cleared matriculation or 10th from a recognized board/university.
The application form for SSC GD Constable 2017 will be soon made available by Staff Selection Commission. Interested applicants will be able to fill the application form through online mode. SSC has fixed the application fee amount to Rs.50/- which has to be paid at the time of application form submission. The mode of payment for application fees is also both online and offline. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying the application fee. Candidates can click on the given link to read all details, apply or download the offline application form for SSC GD Constable 2017.
SSC Constable GD Exam Centres 2017
Candidates will be offered the freedom to choose their examination centres when they fill the application form. Candidates will be able to choose their preferable exam centres from the list of centres that will be made available by SSC. Candidates will not be allowed any change of exam centres under any circumstances. Candidates are advised to put great deal of thought while they select their examination centres.
All the candidates who will be eligible will be issued admit card for PST/PET one week before the exam. The candidates who fill the online application form will have to download their admit cards online and those candidates who had applied offline will be sent their admit card by post. The candidates who do not have their admit card will be not be allowed to appear for the PST/PET. SSC will issue the admit card for written examination to all those candidates who qualify the physical efficiency test. The admit card for SSC GD Constable 2017 written exam will be made available at least 2 weeks prior to the exam. Candidates can click on the above link to download and read complete details for the call letter.
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017
The candidates who will be appearing for the exam should have thorough knowledge of the exam pattern for the written exam. The exam pattern of SSC GD Constable 2017 will enable the candidates to more details of the exam like number of questions, topics of the exam, time duration of the exam, total marks etc. A tabular representation of the exam pattern has been provided below for the convenience of candidates. They can click on the above link to know all details of the exam pattern.
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017
|S.No||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|1||General Knowledge and Awareness||25||25||
|4||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
Practice is the best way to aim and achieve perfection. Candidates who will be appearing for the SSC GD Constable Exam 2017 will need an ample amount of practice to qualify the exam. Regular practice of sample papers will help the candidate to understand the level of difficulty, pattern of questions, marks allotted for each questions, total number of questions etc., in a better way. Candidates are advised to solve the sample papers on a regular basis. The above given link will help the candidates to check details and download the required sample papers of SSC GD Constable 2017.
Staff Selection Commission has fixed the selection criteria for all candidates who are interested to participate in the recruitment of SSC GD Constable 2017. The selection procedure will consist of three stages i.e. physical standards test/physical efficiency test (PST/PET) followed by written examination and medical examination. Candidates who qualify the PST/PET will be shortlisted to appear in the written examination and medical exam. Candidates who qualify all the stages will be shortlisted for final recruitment at the aforementioned posts.
Staff Selection Commission will fix and announce the cutoff for candidates participating in SSC GD Constable 2017. The candidates who will score above the cutoff marks as prescribed by the commission in the written exam eligible to appear for the medical review exam. The commission will prepare a final merit list of all qualified candidates category wise and state wise without making any force allocation. Force allocation will be done by Nodal CRPF/MHA and the final result will also be declared by them. The minimum Cutoff percentage of marks for selection will be 35 % for General and Ex-Servicemen and 33 % for SC/ST/OBC.