SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017: Staff Selection Commission will announce the exam pattern for the recruitment of GD Constable. The examination scheme of SSC GD Constable 2017 comprises of three stages i.e. Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Written Exam (objective type and at last Medical Examination. All the candidates who will apply for the recruitment process should know the SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017 as it will allow them to have preparation startegy in mind for all the stages of exam. As per the exam pattern of SSC GD Constable, candidates will first appear for PST/PET, qualifying which they will be eligible to sit for the computer based written exam lastly followed by medical exam.
On the basis of the performance in all the stages, candidates will be provided appointment. Getting familiar with the SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017 will help the candidates to know the details like number of questions, marking scheme, number of sections, number of questions in every section etc. Read on for complete information of SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017.
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017 – Stages of Selection
The SSC GD Constable Selection Procedure consists of three stages. All the candidates participating in the recruitment process will have clear all the stages to be shortlisted for final appointment. Check the stages of selection in the sequential order as given below.
- Stage 1 - Physical Standards Test / Physical Efficiency Test
- Stage 2- Written Examination (Objective Type)
- Stage 3- Medical Test
Details of SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
The first stage for all the candidates as per the exam pattern of SSC GD Constable 2017 is a physical Efficiency Test (PET). The test is qualifying in nature and it will not carry any marks. All the candidates have to necessarily qualify the PET to appear for the written exam.
||Name of Test
||Male - 5 Km in 24 minutes Female - 1.6 Km in 8 minutes
|For candidates of Ladakh Region
||Male - 1.6 Km or 1 Mile in 6 minutes Female -800 meter in 4 minutes
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017- Written Exam
- The written examination will be conducted on both online (computer based) and offline (pen and paper) mode.
- Candidates will have to provide their choice for the mode of exam while filling the application form.
- As per the SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern for the previous recruitment, the written exam will be an objective type test, which means that there shall be multiple choice questions with various answer options to a one question.
- Candidates will have to choose the correct option out of all the options given for a particular questions.
- The exam pattern of SSC GD Constable 2017 specified that the written exam will have 100 questions for a total of 100 marks.
- The total time duration for the exam will be of 2 hours or 120 minutes.
- The questions in the written exam will be from topics such as General Knowledge and Awareness, English/ Hindi, Elementary Mathematics and General Intelligence & Reasoning.
- All the questions to be asked in the above tests/sections will be of Matriculation level
- The On-Line Examination will be in English & Hindi only. Off-line Examination will be in English, Hindi and other Regional Languages.
Snapshot of the SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017
||No. of Questions
||General Knowledge and Awareness
||General Intelligence & Reasoning
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017 – Medical Examination
|Visual Acuity Unaided
||Uncorrected Visual Acuity
||6 / 6
||6 / 9
||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses
Candidates Must Not Have:
- Knock knee
- Flat Foot
- Varicose Vein
- Squint in Eyes
Note: X-Ray & Blood Test, etc shall be conducted only for such candidates who found fit after passing all the level of medical test.
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2017 – Detailed Syllabus
Go through the syllabus for all the tests included in the SSC GD Constable mentioned below:
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this section will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- English/Hindi: Candidates? ability to understand basic English/ Hindi, his basic comprehension would be tested
- Elementary Mathematics: This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.