SSC JE 2016: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the recruitment of Junior Engineer to select candidates in Group-B Non-Gazetted posts in various central government departments. The commission from March 1 to 4, 2017 has conducted the paper I exam of SSC JE 2016 in computer based test (CBT). The answer key of SSC Junior Engineer recruitment has been released on April 27, 2017. The window to challenge the answer key has been activated after it is made available. SSC will declare the SSC JE 2016 result in the month of May, 2017. The cutoff of SSC JE will be published along with the declaration of result. Candidates based on the total marks and the cutoff score will be shortlisted for the paper II exam. As per the revised exam schedule of SSC, the paper II is scheduled to be conducted on June 11, 2017. The paper II exam of SSC JE 2016 will be a conventional type pen and paper based test . The paper II will be comprise of subjects General Engineering (Civil & Structural/Electrical, Mechanical). Candidates for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Quantity Surveying and Contract, Quality and Quantity Assurance). Read below to know more on the SSC JE 2016 recruitment answer key, result, cutoff etc.
Latest: SSC JE Tier (I) Exam Official Answer key Released: Check Here
The answer key of SSC JE will contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the objective test of paper I exam. SSC has been released the answer key for all sets of online test booklets provided to the candidates during the exam. Candidates can download here the SSC Junior Engineer answer key for all shifts. Aspirants can access the answer key by logging with their user ID and password (DOB). Representations with regard to the answer key should be submitted online from 27.04.2017 to 01.05.2017 (5.00 PM) through payment of Rs. 100/- per answer. Candidates through the answer key can asses their performance of the exam. SSC experts will examine the representations to declare the result of SSC JE paper I.
The result of SSC JE will be available in online mode only. No individual intimation regarding result will be sent to the candidates. Candidates can check their SSC JE result on this page. The link will be activated once the result is announced. The roll numbers of candidates selected for the paper II will be made available in a PDF file. Based on the scores of paper I, candidates will be shortlisted for paper II exam.
Candidates to qualify each stage will have to secure the cutoff score of SSC JE. The SSC JE Cutoff 2016 will be decided by the Commission. SSC JE cutoff 2016 will be declared in the form of marks. The cutoff score of SSC JE will be based on the number of applicants, number of seats, performance of the candidates in the exam etc. Candidates can check below for the expected cutoff of SSC JE 2016.
SSC JE Cut off 2016 (Expected)
|Civil Engineering||75-85||65-75||80-90||70-78||40- 50||95 – 105|
|Electrical/Mech. Engineering||110-120||95-105||110- 120||95- 105||70-80||120-12|
SSC JE 2016 – 17 Dates
|Publication of Notification||Sept 30 2016|
|Release of Online Application Form||Oct 1 2016|
|The last for submission of SSC JE Application Form||November 3, 2016|
|Release of Admit Card for Paper 1||Feb 2017|
|Exam Date for Paper 1||March 1 to 4, 2017|
|SSC JE Tier I Answer key||April 27, 2017|
|Result of Paper 1 Exam||May 2017|
|Release of Admit Card for Paper 2||May 2017|
|Exam Date for Paper 2||June 11, 2017|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be notified later|
Statistics showing the number of SSC JE Aspirants appeared in previous years
Large numbers of candidates appear for SSC JE exam every year. We have managed to accrue the data showing the number of candidates who have appeared for SSC JE exam during the last four years.
|Year||No of candidates appeared|
|2012||Registered – 186938
Appeared – 102145
Summary of SSC JE 2016 Exam
- Exam Name: SSC Junior Engineer 2016 – 17
- Conducted by – Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Exam Level – Open Competitive Exam (All India)
- Mode of Exam – Offline
- Junior Engineer (Civil)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying and Contract)
Participating organizations: Central Water Commission, Department of Post, CPWD and MES
Total Number of Vacancies: 1100 (Approximately)
Description of SSC JE 2016 exam
- SSC JE 2016 exams will comprise of two papers – Paper-I and II.
- SSC has dispensed off with the Interview in selection of candidates under SSC JE 2016 recruitment.
- Candidates who qualify in Paper I by securing the desired cutoff fixed by the Commission will appear for Paper-II.
- Final Selection will be made on the basis of merit in written examination (Paper-I and II) only.
A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
Note: Age Relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved categories will be provided as per Government rules
Post -wise vacancy details as per SSC JE 2016
|Posts||No of Vacancies|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||To be notified later|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||To be notified later|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||To be notified later|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||To be notified later|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)||To be notified later|
|Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying and Contract)||To be notified later|
The Application of SSC JE 2016 has concluded. Interested candidates were required to apply online. The SSC JE Application Form 2016 – 17 was available in two parts.
- Online Part 1 Registration
- Online Part 2 Registration
Online Part 2 Registration – In Part I registration, candidate were required to fill basic information.
Online Part 2 Registration – Part II registration involved filling of payment details, uploading of photograph and scanned signature.
Payment of Application Fees
The application fee for SSC JE 2016 exam was Rs 100. However, Payment of Application Fees was exempted for women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen (eligible for reservation). Application Fees can be paid through:
Online– SBI net banking/debit card/credit cards
Offline– Candidate should take print-out of challan generated online after completion of part I registration. Deposit the requisite fee in pay branch of State Bank of India and then continue with the Part II registration.
SSC JE Exam Cities 2016
The List of SSC JE Exam Cities 2016 has been released by SSC. A candidate must clearly indicate in the Application Form their preferences of exam centres. However, candidates will also have to submit their Application Form to the concerned Regional/Sub-Regional Office of the Commission under whose jurisdiction the centres indicated by him/her falls. A total of 38 exam centres have been selected by SSC for conducting SSC JE exam.
SSC has released the Admit Card for Paper 1 exam. The direct link to download the Admit Card region-wise has been hosted here on this page. The candidates qualifying for the Paper 2 exam will be issued a separate Admit Card. The candidates can download their Admit Card in the following manner.
- Candidates will have to click the link provided here.
- In the new window, they will have to enter their credentials.
- Submitting the details, the Admit Card will appear on the screen of your computer.
- Download the Admit Card and keep it safe.
The Syllabus of SSC JE provided here has been released by SSC. The Syllabus has been divided as per different subjects. The SSC JE Syllabus 2016 will help the candidates to prepare well for the exam. Candidates before starting their preparation should read the Syllabus thoroughly.
- The Written Examination of SSC JE will comprise of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 will be objective type test comprising of 200 marks.
- The Paper 1 will consist of subjects such as General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, General Engineering (Civil and Structural)/General Engineering (Electrical)/General Engineering (Mechanical).
- The Paper 2 of SSC JE 2016 will be conventional type
- The Paper 2 will carry 300 marks.
- There will be three parts –Part A, Part B, Part C. Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) OR Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical). Candidates can choose from any of them as per the posts they have applied for.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
The Sample Papers of SSC JE are available here for downloading. The candidates appearing for the exam can use the SSC JE Sample Paper 2016 and prepare well for the exam. Candidates can also give here online mock test and boost up their speed level.
- The SSC JE Selection Procedure 2016 will include Written Examination.
- SSC has decided to discontinue with the process of interview.
- The Written Examination will comprise of two papers – Paper 1 and 2.
- Candidates who will qualify the Paper 1 will sit for Paper 2.
- On the basis of the marks obtained in Paper 1 and Paper 2 candidates will be selected.
Resolution of Ties under SSC JE 2016
In case more than one candidate secures the equal aggregates marks, tie will be resolved by applying the following methods one after another:
1) Total marks in written examination.
2) Marks in Paper-2
3) Marks in Paper-1
4) Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
5) Alphabetical order in the first names of the candidates.
Salary Structure of SSC JE 2016
|Departments||Post||Grade Pay||Gross Salary|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Electrical and Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Civil||–||–|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station.||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance) –(Mechanical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance)- (Electrical)||–||–|
Stay tuned to EntranceCorner for more updates on SSC JE 2016. For any queries, post your comments below.