SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the paper I exam of SSC MTS on April 30, May 14 & 28 and June 4 & 11, 2017. Candidates can check here the detailed exam pattern of SSC MTS. The written examination of SSC MTS will comprise of two papers – Paper I and Paper II. As per the SSC MTS exam pattern 2016 of Paper I, the exam will carry objective type multiple choice questions from sections – General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness. The maximum marks allotted to the Paper I exam of SSC MTS is 150. The Paper I exam will be held for total 2 hours. The Paper II as per the SSC MTS exam pattern will be a descriptive test of 50 marks. The Paper II will be only qualifying. This paper has been introduced in the SSC MTS 2016 exam pattern to test the elementary language skills of the candidates. Candidates are advised to answer questions carefully since there is negative marks for wrong answers. SSC will set qualifying marks for Paper I to select candidates for next level of recruitment process. Candidates can read below more details related to SSC MTS exam pattern 2016. The marking scheme of SSC MTS has also been mentioned in this article.
Highlights of SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016 of Paper I
- The Paper I exam of SSC MTS will be a objective type test carrying Multiple choice questions only.
- The total marks allotted for the Paper I exam of SSC MTS is total 150 marks.
- The question paper of SSC MTS Paper I will be set both in english and hindi.
- There is also provision for negative marking in the exam pattern of SSC MTS for wrong answers. 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty for wrong answers. Therefore, candidates are advised to keep in mind while answering the questions.
- The Paper I exam of SSC MTS will be conducted in offline mode.
- The total time duration of Paper I exam of SSC MTS is 2 hours
Structure of SSC MTS Paper I exam
|Part||Subject||Maximum Marks||Total Number of Questions||Total Duration for General candidates||Total Duration for Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 hrs||2 hrs 40 mins|
SSC MTS Exam Pattern of Paper II
- The Paper II exam of SSC MTS will be descriptive intending to test the writting skills of the candidates.
- The test will be conducted in Pen and Paper mode.
- The SSC MTS Exam Pattern of Paper II consist of short essay/letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
- The Paper II is qualifying in nature.
- Paper-II will be held only for such candidates who meet the cut-off prescribed by the Commission in Paper-I for different categories.
Structure of SSC MTS Paper II
|Subject||Total marks||Time Duration for general candidates||Time Duration for Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any Language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution||50||30 minutes||45 minutes|
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016 – Marking Scheme
|Subject||Total Marks||Total Number of Questions||Marking Scheme|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||Correct answer = +1 Incorrect answer = 0.25|
|Numerical Aptitude||25||25||Correct answer = +1 Incorrect answer = 0.25|
|General English||50||50||Correct answer = +1 Incorrect answer = 0.25|
|General Awareness||50||50||Correct answer = +1 Incorrect answer = 0.25|
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016 – Preparation of merit list
- Candidates will have to secure minimum qualifying marks in the Paper I exam to be shortlisted for the Paper II exam.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ performance in Paper I however, they will have to meet the qualifying standards fixed in Paper II.
- The cut-offs in Paper-I and qualifying marks in Paper-II may be different for vacancies in each State/UT will be fixed at the discretion of the Commission.
- Candidates will be provided an appointment on the basis of their ranks and merit.
SSC MTS 2016 Answer Key
SSC will release the official answer key of computer based exam of SSC MTS in May 2017. Candidates can download the answer key for all sets of online test booklets through user ID and password (DOB). The answer key will contain the correct answers of all the questions asked in the exam. Using the answer key of SSC MTS, candidates can calculate their probable score of the exam.
SSC MTS 2016 syllabus
The syllabus of SSC MTS 2016 gives details of all the topics important for the exam. Questions on General Intelligence and Reasoning will be non-verbal considering the functions attached to the post. The questions on Numerical Aptitude and General English will be simple, of a level that an average matriculate. Questions on General Awareness will be also of similar standard.