SSC MTS Syllabus 2017: The syllabus of SSC MTS provides details of the topics and chapters to be covered for the exam. The SSC MTS 2017 Paper 1 comprises of General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness. The SSC MTS syllabus 2017 includes topics that candidates need to study from each section while preparing for the exam. The SSC MTS 2017 syllabus has been defined by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Candidates appearing for the SSC MTS exam in September/October should be thorough with the syllabus. The General Intelligence and Reasoning section will imnclude questions of non-verbal type. The section on English Language will carry questions that tests the candidates understanding of basic English. The SSC MTS syllabus of Numerical Ability includes topics from Number Systems, Decimals and Fractions, Ratio and Proportion etc. Questions in General Awareness is designed to test knowledge of current events. Questions in the exam will be based on the topics given in SSC MTS syllabus. Scroll down to check SSC MTS syllabus 2017.
Highlights of SSC MTS Syllabus 2017
Candidates can check below for some important highlights of SSC MTS syllabus 2017.
- The syllabus of SSC MTS General Intelligence includes includes topics of non-verbal reasoning. Questions in the test are designed to test the candidates abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
- Topics in SSC MTS English Language syllabus includes topics related to basic grammar and vocabularly.
- Numerical Aptitude section includes topics of Class 10 level.
- Questions in General Awareness section will be simple and tests the basic understanding of current events and its application to society.
Section-wise topics in SSC MTS syllabus 2017
Candidates can check below the section-wise topics prescribed by examination authority for SSC MTS 2017 exam.
SSC MTS Syllabus of Paper 1
- sentence structure
- antonyms and its correct usage
- Similarities and differences
- space visualization
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Visual memory
- Discriminating observation
- Relationship Concepts
- Figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Non-verbal series etc.
- Number Systems
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Interest, Profit and Loss
- Use of Tables and Graphs
- Time and Distance
- Ratio and Time
- Time and Work
- India and its neighbouring countries
- Economic scene
- General Polity including Indian Constitution
- Scientific Research
SSC MTS Syllabus of Paper 2
- This paper is to test basic language skills commensurate with the educational qualification prescribed for the post.
- Candidates will have to write short essay/letter in English and Hindi each.
- Candidates can opt to write the essay/letter in any Indian Language.
SSC MTS 2017 recommended books
Candidates can refer to the list of SSC MTS recommended books given in the table below.
|SSC: Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)||RPH Editorial Board|
|SC Multi Tasking Exam-Non Technical Exam||Chandresh Agrawal|
|SSC Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Exam Guide (English)||RPH Editorial Board|
|SSC Group-C Multi-Tasking : Non-Technical Recruitment||GKP|
|SSC Staff Selection Commission Group ‘C’ Multi-Tasking||Expert Compilations|
|SSC Multi Tasking Exam (Paper 1-2)||Chandresh Agrawal|
|SSC Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Exam Guide||RPH Editorial Board|
|SSC Matric Level Group C Multi-Tasking Non-Technical Staff||Kiran Prakashan|
|SSC Staff Selection Commission Group-C Multi-Tasking||GK Publications|
|SSC Matric Star Multi Tasking||Kiran Prakashan|
|SSC Matric Level Multi Tasking||Kiran Prakashan|
|SSC Multi Tasking||Vee Kumar Pub|
|Upkars Multi Tasking||Lal & Jain|
The SSC MTS comprises of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. As per the exam pattern of SSC MTS, Paper 1 exam will be conducted in Computer based mode carrying objective type questions. SSC MTS Paper 2 will be descriptive type that tests the language skills of candidates. The total marks allotted for SSC MTS Paper 1 is 150 while Paper 2 carries 50 marks. There is also negative marks for wrong answer in Paper 1. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.