WBCS Admit Card 2017: The admit card of West Bengal Civil Services (WBCS) Mains Exam has been issued by West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) on July 5. Only those candidates who have qualified the preliminary exam will be able to download WBCS admit card 2017. The link to download the admit card of WBCS 2017 has been hosted below on this page. Candidates will have to enter their name and date of birth to access their WBCS 2017 admit card. Candidates should note that the admit card of WBCS 2017 mains exam has been issued online and the commission will not send the hall ticket to any one by post or email. The mains exam of WBCS 2017 s scheduled to be conducted from 15 to 19 July, 2017. Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the examination without WBCS Admit Card 2017.
Candidates should ensure that they check each and every detail mentioned on the WBCS 2017 admit card before taking a print out. If there is a discrepancy in any detail as mentioned on the admit card, they should immediately contact the authorities of the commission. Check all details related to WBCS Admit Card 2017 in the article given below.
WBCS Admit Card 2017 – Important Dates
|Release of Preliminary Exam Admit Card||Jan 16, 2017|
|Preliminary Exam||January 29, 2017|
|WBCS Mains Exam Admit Card 2017 Release Date||
July 5, 2017
|WBCS 2017 Mains Exam Dates||15,16, 17, 18, and 19 July|
When and Where will the WBCS Admit Card be available ?
WBPSC controller and administrator of WBCS 2017 has issued the admit card for the mains examination on July 5. All the candidates who qualified the preliminary exam are eligible to appear for the mains exam. The link to download WBCS admit card has been provided below on this page for the ease of candidates. Candidates will be able to download their admit card by providing their name (as entered in one time registration) and DOB in the login panel of WBPSC.
How to Download the WBCS Admit Card 2017 ?
- Candidates can use the direct link given on this page to download the WBCS Admit Card 2017.
- Candidates will have to look for the link named as “WBCS 2017 Mains Exam Admit Card – Download Here”
- Candidates will be redirected to a new page upon clicking on the outbound link to the validation page to access the WBCS Admit Card.
- Candidates will have to enter validation details like Name and Date of Birth.
- After providing the required details candidates will have to click on the Submit Button.
- The WBCS Admit Card for the mains exam will be displayed on the screen
- All candidates should save a hard copy of the Admit Card.
- Take a print out of the WBCS Admit Card and take it to exam centre on the day of exam.
- Keep the Admit Card safe till the end of recruitment process.
Latest: WBCS 2017 Mains Exam Admit Card – Download Here
Details Enclosed in WBCS Admit Card 2017
All the candidates downloading the admit card are advised to check the following details in the Admit Card. In case of any discrepancy candidates should inform the concerned authorities.
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number/registration number of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Photo and Signature as uploaded
- Date, time and venue of the exam
- Exam Centre Code
- Reporting time for the exam
- General Instructions for the Exam
WBCS Admit Card 2017 – Exam Venue and Programme
15 Jul 2017 (Saturday)
16 Jul 2017 (Sunday)
17 Jul 2017 (Monday)
19 Jul 2017 (Wednesday)
Optional subject (Paper I)
Optional subject (Paper II)
WBCS Admit Card 2017 – FAQ’s
Candidates appearing for the WBCS Exam have a lot of doubts related to WBCS Admit Card. We have tried to answer the most common questions raised by the candidates related to WBCS Admit Card 2017. Check the FAQ’s provided below and also check the important instructions related to the admit card mentioned below on this page.
Q: What should I do if there is a lot of delay in accessing the page of Admit Card ?
A: WBCS Admit Card will be available for Internet download. Factors like internet speed, many users on the website. If the candidates are not able to access the page to download the WBCS Admit Card 2017 they should try after a gap of 5 minutes or during the off peak hours at night.
Q: What to do if you are not able to download the admit card of WBCS 2017?
A: A large number of candidate have applied for WBCS 2017 therefore it is highly possible that due to high rush of candidates, the website may crash. Candidates should not panic in such a situation and stay as the website will be repaired soon.
Q: What to do after downloading the WBCS Admit Card 2017?
A: The candidates after downloading the WBCS Admit Card 2017 will have to take a print-out of the same. The hard copy of the Admit Card of WBCS 2017 should be carried along with other documents to the examination center on the day of the exam.
WBCS Admit Card 2017 – Important Instructions
- All candidates should carry the print out of admit card to the exam centre on the date of exam.
- Candidates are advised to download their admit card well before the exam.
- Candidates should check all the details as given in the Admit Card.
- Candidates should carry a valid photo ID proof at the time of exam.
- Candidates are advised to keep their admit card safely till the final joining. Candidates will need the Admit Card at the time of Joining.
- If candidates have any issue related to discrepancy in the admit card, they can contact the requisite official authorities.
- Candidates should check the General Instructions given on admit card to be strictly followed on the day of exam.
WBCS Exam Pattern 2017
The candidates who are appearing for the preliminary examination of West Bengal Civil Services will have to face three stages of selection criteria i.e. Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Personality Test/ Interview. The exam pattern of each stage has been explained below.
1. Preliminary Examination
As per the WBCS Exam Pattern, the Preliminary Examination for WBCS 2017 will have one single exam on General Studies topic The Paper will be Objective Type and have a total of 200 multiple choice questions. The total duration of the exam is two and a half hours. The Paper on General Studies will test the level of knowledge as expected from a graduate of any faculty of a recognized university. The paper will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge.
|Current events of National & International Importance||25|
|History of India||25|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|Indian National Movement||25|
|General Mental Ability||25|
2. Main Examination
Candidates qualifying the preliminary examination will be eligible to appear in the Mains Examination. There will be a total of 6 compulsory papers and one optional paper as chosen by the candidates. There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each. Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration.
Four Papers out of Six Compulsory Papers i.e (i) General Studies- I, (ii) General Studies- II, (iii) The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India and (iv) Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning will be of MCQ Type to be answered in OMR answer sheets. Remaining two compulsory papers i.e. Paper – I and Paper – II will be of conventional type written examination.
Compulsory Papers :
- Paper I : Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali
- Paper II : English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English.
- Paper III : General Studies-I : (i) Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
- Paper IV : General Studies-II : Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Paper V : The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India.
- Paper VI : Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.
- Political Science
WBCS Syllabus 2017
The candidates who are appearing for the examination should know the detailed syllabus for the examination. The syllabus will help the candidates to know all the topics and subtopics of the exam. Candidates will be able to prepare a strategy for their preparation if they know the syllabus for the exam. The syllabus will allow the candidates to prepare an effective time table for the examination keeping the time and topics at hand in consideration. Read More about WBCS Syllabus 2017 here.