CLAT Important Dates 2018 - National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi will conduct Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) exam on May 13, 2018. The complete list of CLAT important dates 2018 will be released officially along with the exam notification on December 20, 2017. The CLAT 2018 application process will start from January 1, 2018 for admission to the 2372 LLB seats of the 19 participating National Law Universities (NLUs). Also, various other law schools will be accepting the CLAT score 2018. To avoid missing deadlines, aspirants must make sure that they are familiar with the CLAT important dates 2018. Applicants who have successfully submitted the application form will be issued the CLAT admit card on April 20, 2018. The test will be held in a computer-based mode and will include 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). This article provides the list of tentative CLAT exam dates 2018. The confirmed list of CLAT important dates 2018 will be available after December 20, 2017. Know more about CLAT important dates 2018 from this article.
CLAT Important Dates 2018
NUALS, Kochi will be conducting CLAT 2018 around 64 cities in a computer-based mode. The CLAT important dates 2018 list will be available on December 20, 2017 along with the exam notification. The table below provides the list of tentative CLAT 2018 important dates prepared on last year’s timetable.
CLAT Dates 2018 (Tentative)
||CLAT Important Dates
||Notification to be released
||December 20, 2017
||CLAT application process starts
||January 1, 2018
||Last date to apply
||March 31, 2018
||Availability of admit card
||CLAT exam will be held on
||May 13, 2018
||Official answer key will be released on
||May 15, 2018
||Candidates can challenge the answer keys
||May 16 - May 18, 2018
||Revised answer key will be uploaded
||May 26, 2018
||Announcement of result
||May 31, 2018
||June 7, 2018
||July 6, 2018
Note: Dates provided in the table are tentative and candidates must confirm the same after the declaration of exam notification on December 20, 2017.
CLAT important dates 2018 – Know the events
- CLAT Application Form 2018 – The online interface through which candidates will be able to apply for the exam is known as CLAT Online Application Processing System (CAPS). The application form will be available from January 1, 2018 in online mode only. It is necessary to complete the application process within the provided time-period to appear for the entrance test. Before applying for the exam, candidates must make sure they fulfill all the eligibility norms. Also, all the details entered in the application form must be error free. If candidates fail to meet any of the eligibility norms or discrepancy in the application details may lead to disqualification of candidates.
- CLAT Admit Card 2018 – The law aspirants who have successfully submitted the application form of CLAT before the end date will be issued the admit card on April 20, 2018. Candidates must note that the CLAT admit card is an important document that will provide details about the candidate, timing & rules of the test and address of exam centre. On the day of the test, candidates must make sure they carry the hall ticket to the examination centre along with a valid ID proof. If any candidate fails to carry the CLAT hall ticket to the examination centre, then they won’t be allowed to enter the exam hall and write the test. The candidates are advised to keep the admit card along with them safe even after the conduct of the exam.
- CLAT Exam 2018 – As mentioned above, the test will be held in a computer-based mode for admission to the LLB seats of the participating NLUs and other law schools. On the day of the test i.e. May 13, 2018, candidates must make sure they reach the exam centre on time at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the test along with their admit card and a photo ID. Candidates must make sure that they avoid carrying any piece of paper or electronic device such as mobile phone, laptops, pagers, etc. to the examination hall
- CLAT Result 2018 – The result will provide the rank and score obtained by the candidate in the exam. CLAT result 2018 will be declared on May 31, 2018. The candidate’s qualifying status will be also mentioned on the result. The CLAT result will be available online and candidates are required to download the same by entering their registered email ID and password. On the basis of CLAT score and rank obtained by the candidate, a merit list will be prepared. The candidates who names are on the merit list will be able to participate in the counselling rounds.
- CLAT Counselling Rounds 2018 - In the counselling rounds, shortlisted candidates are required to pay the counselling fee and opt for Lock or Upward Shifting within the allotted time-period. After successfully paying the fee and exercising their options, candidates are required to be physically present at the NLUs according to the provided date and time for document verification and other admission formalities. Counselling rounds will start from June 7 and should end by July 6, 2018. Only the candidates who have successfully participate in the counselling rounds will be allotted seats.
About CLAT 2018
Every year, the participating NLUs conduct CLAT examination on a rotational basis for admission to their LLB programmes. Last year, Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Aurangabad became the newest member of the NLUs to accept CLAT score. The test will include 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) divided into five sections - General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning, English with Comprehension and Elementary Mathematics. For every correct attempt, 1 mark will be awarded and 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. The result will provide the score, qualifying status and rank of the test takers. Based on the ranks of the candidates’ they will be shortlisted for the counselling rounds of the participating NLUs.