CLAT PG Eligibility Criteria 2017 – It is important for the candidates to be familiar with the CLAT eligibility norms. The registration process for CLAT PG 2017 has commenced and the last date to apply is March 31, 2017. The application form is available online and the candidates can apply from this article. Before the candidates start with the application process, they are advised to check the CLAT 2017 eligibility criteria. The eligibility norms for CLAT are the minimum eligibility requirements that the candidates must fulfill. If the candidates fail to fulfill the eligibility norms, then their candidature will be cancelled. The online test is scheduled to be held on May 14, 2017. Know more about the CLAT PG Eligibility Criteria 2017 from this article.
About the CLAT PG Eligibility Criteria 2017
The Common Law Admission Test 2017 will be held for admission into the UG and PG programmes of the 17 NLUs and other law schools. However, the CLAT PG Eligibility Norms 2017 will vary Institute-wise. Check the eligibility criteria for CLAT PG 2017 from the points below –
- The candidates must have an LLB or another equivalent degree from a Law School recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- The candidates must have a minimum of 55% (SC/ST: 50%) in their LLB or equivalent degree examination.
- The candidates who are appearing in their qualifying examination in March/April 2017 are also eligible to apply. These candidates are required to produce the evidence of passing the qualifying exam in their respective NLUs and other Law schools. If they fail to produce the proof, then they will lose their admission rights.
- There is no upper age limit for CLAT PG 2017.
- If the scores of the qualifying exams are in grades, then the candidates must convert them into percentage.
The candidates fulfilling the eligibility norms can apply for the test. The registration is expected to start from the 1st week of January 2017. The application forms will be available online and the candidates can access them from this article. Only the candidates fulfilling the eligibility norms must apply for the test. The application fee for CLAT PG is non-refundable. The test will be held in a computer-based mode around the 2nd week of May 2017. Last year, the test was conducted by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala.
For any queries regarding the CLAT PG Eligibility 2017, do comment below. Also, keep visiting this article for updates and notification of CLAT PG 2017.