On January 01, 2017, the Chanakya National Law University, Patna, issued the application form for CLAT 2017 UG and PG programmes. The test is scheduled to be held on May 14, 2017. The last date to apply for the test is March 31, 2017, and the candidates can apply from this article. The application form for CLAT 2017 is available online and it is important for the candidates to fill the same before the last date in order to appear for the test. The candidates are required to pay an application fee of Rs. 4000/- (SC/ST: Rs. 3500/-). However, the candidates must check the eligibility norms of the test before they start filling in the application form.
Who can apply for the test?
It is important for the candidates to check the eligibility norms of the test before they start with the application form. If the candidates fail to meet any of the CLAT eligibility criteria, then their candidature will be cancelled. Check the eligibility norms of the test from the table below –
- For the UG programmes, the candidates must have a minimum of 45% (SC/ST: 40%) as the aggregate marks in Class 12.
- For the PG programmes, the candidates must have an LLB degree or any other equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% (SC/ST: 50%).
- The candidates in their final year of the qualifying exams can also apply.
- There is no age limit for both CLAT UG and PG.
Steps to apply for CLAT UG 2017 and PG programmes
Once the candidates are sure that they fulfilled all the eligibility norms for CLAT 2017, then they can start with the application process. To fill in the application form for CLAT 2017, the candidates can follow the steps given below –
- Click on the appropriate link provided above.
- Now register by entering the required details. On successful registration, the candidates will receive their CAPS User ID and Password.
- Log in with the given ID and password to access the application form.
- Pay the application fee via the available payment gateway options.
- On completion of the application form, take a printout of the form and keep a copy of it.