The CLAT application process for both the UG and the PG courses commenced from January 01, 2017. The candidates are required to register online for CLAT 2017 and can apply from this article. The last date to fill in the application form is March 31, 2017, and the entrance test will be held on May 14, 2017. This year, the Chanakya National Law University, Patna will be conducting CLAT 2017. The candidates must register and fill in the application form before the deadline to be eligible to write the test. Also, the candidates are advised to check the eligibility norms of the test before applying. The application fee for CLAT 2017 is Rs. 4000/- (SC/ST: Rs. 3500/-), and the fee is non-refundable. This year, many law aspirants who have applied for CLAT 2017, they were not receiving the confirmation message after the payment of the fee. According to the telephonic conversation Entrance Corner had with CLAT 2017 officials, these candidates will either receive the payment confirmation message or the money will be refunded. Read this article to know how to apply for CLAT 2017.
Check the CLAT eligibility Criteria before applying
As mentioned above, it is important for the candidates to check the eligibility norms of CLAT 2017 before they start with the application process. The eligibility norms are the minimum criteria that the candidates must fulfill. If the candidates fail to meet any of the eligibility norms, then their candidature will be cancelled. The CLAT eligibility norms 2017 are –
- For the candidates applying for CLAT UG 2017, they must have a minimum of 45% (SC/ST: 40%) marks in their Class 12th.
- For the candidates applying for CLAT PG 2017, they must have a minimum aggregate score of 55% (SC/ST: 50%) in their Bachelor’s or any other equivalent degree.
- The candidates applying for the UG programmes must be below 20 years of age (SC/ST/OBC/SAP: 22 years) as on July 01, 2017.
Pre-required things before CLAT 2017 registration
Once the candidates have checked the eligibility norms of the test, then they must make sure that they have the following things before they start with the registration –
- A Valid email ID.
- A mobile number.
- Details of the address for communication.
- Academic details of the candidate.
- Names of the test cities.
- A scanned passport size photograph and signature.
- Scanned images of the documents (if required).
The specifications and requirements of the scanned photographs
The scanned images and documents of the candidates must meet the following requirements –
- The passport size photograph of the candidate must be clear and coloured.
- The images must be in JPEG format.
- The standard size of the images must be 30mm x 45mm (width and height).
- The upper limit for the pixel resolution is JPEG: 480 x 640 and the minimum must be JPEG: 240 x 320.
The specifications and requirements of the scanned image of the signature
The scanned image of the candidate’s signature must meet the following requirements –
- The signature must be on a white paper of A4 size within a rectangular box of size 7 cm x 2 cm (width and height).
- The pixel size must be of 420 and 120, respectively.
- The size of the image must be of 80 KB (maximum) and the format must be in JPEG.
- The resolution of the image must be within 560 x 160 and 280 x 80.
CLAT Application Fee 2017
The application fee for CLAT 2017 is Rs. 4000/- (SC/ST: Rs. 3500/-) and it is non-refundable. The fee can be paid via online mode as well as through Challan. The candidates must note that additional charges may be applicable for the transactions. To pay the fee, the candidates can check the table given below –
|Steps||Steps to pay online||Steps to pay offline|
|1||The candidates can pay the fee via Debit/Credit card or Net Banking.||To pay the application fee via offline mode, the candidates are required to download the challan.|
|2||Follow the payment procedures to pay the fee.||Take a print out of the Challan and visit the nearest ICICI bank to pay the fee.|
|3||Before the payment, the application fee and the additional charges will be shown to the candidates.||Fill in the details in the challan before submitting the challan and the application fee.|
|4||On successful payment, the candidates will be directed to the CLAT Online Application Interface.||On accepting the fee, the bank will keep the Bank’s copy of the challan and will return the candidate and the Institute’s copy.|
How to apply for CLAT 2017?
In order to apply for CLAT 2017, the candidates are required to follow the 4 simple steps given below –
1) Register to access the application form – Click on the link to register for CLAT 2017. Here, the candidates are required to enter the required details such as the candidate’s name, father’s name, email ID, phone number, etc. On successful registration, the candidates will receive the CAPS ID and Password via email.
2) Fill in the application form – Now, after successfully registering for CLAT 2017, the candidates are required to login with the provided credentials. After logging in, the candidates will be able to access the application form. In the CLAT application form 2017, the candidates are required to enter the required details such as the personal details, address of communication, CLAT test cities, scanned images, etc.
3) Make the Application Fee payment – As mentioned above, the application fee for CLAT 2017 can be paid via online as well as offline mode. The application fee must be paid to before submitting the application form.
4) Submit the application form – Once the candidates pay the application fee, they will be able to download the CLAT application form along with the payment details. The candidates are advised to keep a copy of the application form for future use. Now, the candidates are required to submit the application form to conclude the application process.
Note: The candidates must keep the CAPS ID and password safe so that they can log in later to check the application status, to download the admit card and to check their result.