IPU CET Law Counselling 2017 – The Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University will shortlist the candidates for its counselling rounds according to the merit list. The counselling for IPU CET Law will be held online from the 1st week of June 2017. The shortlisted candidates will be eligible to participate in the document verification and seat allotment rounds. There will be a total of 3 counselling rounds for admission into the 5-year B.A. LL.B and B.B.A. LL.B programmes of the Institute. The test is expected to be held in the 3rd week of April while the result will be announced in the 1st week of May 2017. Read this article for complete details on the IPU CET Law Counselling 2017 rounds.
About IPU CET Law Counselling 2017
As mentioned above, only the candidates shortlisted for the counselling rounds i.e. the candidates scoring the cutoff marks will be eligible to participate in the counselling rounds. These shortlisted candidates are required to get register online for the IPU CET LLB counselling rounds. In the registration, the candidates are required to pay the counselling fee, fill in the choices of Institutes, report at the Institute and pay the admission fee. Only the candidates completing the IPU CET Law counselling 2017 process will be allotted admission into the BA LLB and BBA LLB programmes.
Schedule for IPU CET Law Counselling 2017
The schedule for IPU CET Law Counselling 2017 is yet to be announced, however, the table below provides the tentative dates for the counselling rounds. These dates are prepared according to the schedule of the previous year. Check the table for the tentative dates for the counselling of IPU CET Law 2017.
|Counselling Registration commences||1st week of June 2017|
|Printing of Challan & payment of fee (online & offline) starts from||1st week of June 2017|
|End date for registration||2nd week of June 2017|
|Document verification rounds start||1st week of June 2017|
How to pay the Counselling Fee?
The candidates can pay the counselling fee for IPU CET Law can pay the fee through online as well as offline mode. The IPU CET Law 2017 Counselling fee amount is yet to be announced. Last year, the fee was Rs. 1000/- and it is expected that the fee will remain similar to that of the previous year. A link will be provided in the article for the payment of the IPU CET counselling fee. To pay the counselling fee for IPU CET 2017, the candidates can follow the steps given below –
To pay the application fee, the candidates can click on the link provided in the article.
Now select the option for “payment of counselling participation fee”.
Enter the CET details, which are CET Roll Number, date of birth of the candidate and mobile number.
On opting to pay the fee via offline mode, the candidates are required to generate a challan and pay the amount at any branch of Indian Bank.
To pay the fee via online mode, the candidates can pay the fee through Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card.
On payment of the online counselling fee, the candidates are advised to check the payment status. Also, take a print out of the fee confirmation receipt along with the transaction details for future reference. Candidate paying the fee via challan, the candidates must retain the copy of the challan after depositing the fee.
- The candidates must make sure that they pay the requisite counselling fee before the last date to participate in the counselling rounds.
- In the case of failure in the transaction of the fee payment (online mode), the amount will be refunded.
- If the fee confirmation receipt is not available, then the candidates can contact the helpdesk of the Institute.
- Payment of counselling fee does not entitle the candidates to admission.
Required documents at the time of registration
The candidates who are shortlisted for the counselling rounds are required to bring the following documents to the counselling venue on the day of the counselling –
- The counselling slip
- The fee receipt
- Admit card for IPU CET Law 2017
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- A character certificate from the head of the Institute last attended or from any gazetted officer. The certificate must not be more than 6-month old.
- The candidates who have qualified through Distance Learning/Open School system are required to bring proof related to the location of the study centre/Institution/Board.
- If the result of the candidates is awaited, then they are required to bring in an affidavit non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10, attested by the Notary Public.
- Medical and OBC (Non-Creamy) certificates (if applicable).
Note: The candidates are required to bring in the original as well as the photocopies of the required documents.
Steps for IPU CET Law Counselling 2017
The following steps are involved in the counselling rounds of IPU CET Law –
- On successful payment of the counselling fee, the candidates can register for the counselling rounds within the time period.
- To register, the candidates are required to enter their CET details on the registration form and their personal, academic, contact details.
- On successful registration, the candidates will receive a login ID and password.
- On successful registration, the candidates can take a printout of the registration form and keep it safe for future reference.
Filling up of choices
- For allotment of seats, the candidates are required to fill in their choices and preferences.
- On completion of the choice filling rounds, the Institute will use the filled choices for allotment of seats.
- At the end of Round 1 seat allotment process, the candidates will be able to edit, modify, add or delete their choices for the following round of counselling.
- On filling the choices, the candidates are advised to take a printout of their saved choices.
Allotment of seats
- After the filling up of choices, the candidates will be allotted the seat as per merit, choice, category and region.
- To check the seat allotment result, the candidates can login into their accounts.
- On allotment of the seats, the candidates can take a printout of the provisional allotment letter.
- These candidates are required to pay the academic fee of Rs. 40,000/- to confirm the allotment. If the candidates fail to pay the fee, then they will lose the claim to the allotted seat.
Freezing of allotted seats
- The candidates who are satisfied with the allotted seat will be can use the freeze option. This option is available on the account of the candidate.
- If the candidates do not freeze the seats, then the next preference will be allotted to him/her automatically in the next round.
Withdrawal and fee refund
- On clicking on the Withdrawal option, the candidates will be able to withdraw the admission against the allotted seat.
- The fee will be refunded to the candidates and these candidates can not take part in the further seat allotment rounds.
Last round of seat allotment for Online Counselling
- On the conclusion of the last seat allotment round, the candidates won’t be able to withdraw their seats and no fees will be refunded.
- In the last round of counselling, the region-wise and category-wise seats will be converted to the unreserved category.
Sliding of allotted seats
- Here, only the candidates who have allotted seats paid the academic fees, have not frozen the seats and have not withdrawn their allotment will be eligible for the sliding round.
- On allotment of the seats, the candidates must report to the allotted institutions for verification of documents and payment of the balance fee.
Candidates reporting to the allotted Institutes
The shortlisted candidates are required to report to the allotted institutes along with the following things –
- Admission slip
- Provisional Admission Slip along with the enrollment number
- Necessary documents
- Balanced fees
The vacant seats after the sliding round and non-reporting of the candidates shall be considered for spot counselling.
On reporting to the Institutes, the candidates will be considered as “admitted” and these candidates will not be able to withdraw their seats.